Xlr8's PPP and Snow White grow cab journal 2009

Those are looking really nice, your right they do appear to be VERY different ratios of indica/sativa. At least you will get to have two very different types of bud to smoke!
I have had problems with the nute calculators also, though I haven't tried dutch masters. I found that usually the ppm difference is because there are different ppm scales. If you do the conversion to EC its a lot more universal.

Thanks for the advice on the ppm - it's been a bit of a trial and error (thankfully not too much error so far) thing for me at this point. Appreciate you checking out my grow fly!

Well, those dang PPP keep growing and growing and... they are around 23" or 24" or so right now. The Snow White's which are much stronger on the indica side are around 12" and 10" respectively. Argh - wish I didn't have such a difference in height... Let's see - other thoughts: Stems are nice and fat, as big around as my finger I'd say. Everything is super healthy and green looking, which is kinda difficult to tell with the reddish tint from the hps bulb. Here's some pics - again, I tried to adjust the reds back a little:

mar21_topview_all.jpg

mar21_sideview_all.jpg

I'd still love any feedback on what to do with the height disparity - I'm only 6 days into flower and the PPP are already about 8" from the top glass.

Two radically different strains you have in there xlr8. Short of topping the tall ones, which doesn't look like a great option at this stage of the game, you could start training the top colas down with some twine. Some late stage LSTing, so to speak. You could also crimp the tops to slow them down and let them bush a little. They do look a bit stretchy.

You can kinda plan for this next time and try to choose strains with more similar characteristics. You can always take a few clones from these to make mothers and flower them separately or start LSTing the taller growing strain right away.

:peace:

Harry

Looking good xlr8.

I feel your pain with the different strains in one box. As suggested by other members as well, you could top em, not the most ideal time to but it would stunt em for about 7 days or so for sure. The LSTing I have put a lot of thought into with these boxes. LSTing to where is what I also come up with, hahaha. Doing that just intrudes into another plants space. There is also a product called "Bush Master". I haven't used it as of yet but a friend swears by it for his inclosure. Not sure that product is applicable in your current situation but maybe something for inclosure users to consider from the start to reduce stretching beyond the means available.

It's food for thought anyway...

OH yeah, thanks for stopping by my journal.

Two radically different strains you have in there xlr8. Short of topping the tall ones, which doesn't look like a great option at this stage of the game, you could start training the top colas down with some twine. Some late stage LSTing, so to speak. You could also crimp the tops to slow them down and let them bush a little. They do look a bit stretchy.

You can kinda plan for this next time and try to choose strains with more similar characteristics. You can always take a few clones from these to make mothers and flower them separately or start LSTing the taller growing strain right away.

:peace:

Harry

Thanks for the good tip Harry - although I did try to do what you suggested - they're indica/sativa hybrids with similar height and flowering characteristics according to Nirvana... however, they each seemed to go either way indica or way sativa... Anyways, maybe one strain is the safest bet...

I've just been using twine to bring down the top cola and have been gradually bending it around the box - it seems to be working pretty well, and now I'm having to tie down/bend side branches as well. Getting quite a canopy now this way...

Looking good xlr8.

I feel your pain with the different strains in one box. As suggested by other members as well, you could top em, not the most ideal time to but it would stunt em for about 7 days or so for sure. The LSTing I have put a lot of thought into with these boxes. LSTing to where is what I also come up with, hahaha. Doing that just intrudes into another plants space. There is also a product called "Bush Master". I haven't used it as of yet but a friend swears by it for his inclosure. Not sure that product is applicable in your current situation but maybe something for inclosure users to consider from the start to reduce stretching beyond the means available.

It's food for thought anyway...

OH yeah, thanks for stopping by my journal.

Hey there Nugget - thanks for the feedback. I had originally intended to try "Bushmaster" but I switched to Dutchmasters nutrients and they really discourage you from other additives, etc. so I have kept it simple... maybe something next run to consider though. Right now bending 'em around is working pretty good, but they're still really growing "like weeds".

Okay I'm at day 15 of flowering, and it's a jungle in there. I'll try to post pictures, but here's where things are at:

PPM of about 1100 on the Dutchmasters gold program
I've been adjusting the ph to 5.5% once daily - it constantly wants to climb some...
humidity is at about 45%
Roots like great - really filling up the reservoir
Leaves, growth, etc. all looks healthy and perfect - no signs of stress
Flowers starting to develop - seeds were feminized, and so far no signs of hermie...

I've had to bend the 2 PPP quite a bit. They keep growing like 1 to 2" a day, so I have to tie them down a bit more all the time to keep them off the glass and from getting burned. It's really filling up in there now, and the 2 smaller Snow whites are stretching to find their way to more light through the PPP's foliage.

All in all, their healthy and green and everything looks great - I'll try to get pics up tomorrow.

I am (unfortunately) having problems with my camera... However, I do have a bit of an update: Both PPP plants hermied, for no real obvious reason, on me (balls everywhere). So - I yanked 'em. It crushed me to do it, but it had to be done. I thought about trying dutchmasters reverse on them, but ultimately I wasn't confident enough that it would work, and decided to focus on the 2 Snow White's which are looking like females through and through.

On a more positive note, they were really crowding the box immensely due to their propensity toward sativa. Now, at least there is some breathing room...

But, oh how I was looking forward to seeing them mature. Oh well!

I almost cried... lol. I realize this was my first grow, but there were really no signs of significant stress that I could see having caused this - a teeny bit very early in the seedling stages, but they were flourishing ever since.

Not to sound like an excuse maker, but I have to say I'm leaning toward blaming the genetics of the seeds a bit (Nirvana). I'm not even very confident they were what they were supposed to be (feminized PPP) as I've never seen anyone elses PPP look so completely sativa before. Argh. Live and learn.

On another note, I'm super impressed with how easy and effective the Dutchmasters gold program seems to be. I highly recommend them to anyone thinking of giving it a shot. Cheap, easy and really effective. I'm really glad I went with them, as the plants have looked perfectly healthy since the seedling stage.

Pan4gold - I'm with ya' - love the Dutchmasters gold brother!

Re: xlr8's PPP and Snow White grow cab journal 2009 (with pics!)

Okay, here are some pics from today (day 22 since 12/12) of my 2 remaining Snow White's. They seem really healthy and happy - seeing lots of pre-flowers. They are smelling good when the door is open, but the filter seems to work pretty well when it's closed which is always good.

The PPP that I had to get rid of were quite a bit ahead of them development wise, but were also way overcrowding the box. Anyway, here are my 2 surviving lovely ladies:

apr_06_sw_sideview.jpg

apr_06_sw_topview.jpg

closeup_2.jpg

Thanks Noob420! By the way, I added the info on the filter and smell for you specifically as you asked about it earlier on. :;)

I appreciate you following along - are you growing yet?

xlr8 The Snow White's are looking good:grinjoint:

But now your cabinet is looking a little bare:peace:

Pan4

Sigh. Yeah. Sucks, but not much I can do right now. Shit happens, lol.

By the way, thanks for following along and for all the positive vibes Pan4!
:thanks:

yo whats goin on with the snow whites?

Here's an update on the Snow White's:

First of all, sorry about how long it's been since an update -- I've been out of town a bit and have had some camera issues (have to borrow one now). Both plants are looking great - perfectly healthy looking and budding up nicely.

I did have one issue a couple of weeks ago where the top of the front Snow White snapped off while changing the res. I was pretty bummed, but it didn't seem to have caused many issues. I took a sterilized razor blade knife and made a clean cut where the break was. Now there are several buds just below where the main cola was that are taking up the cause so to speak, so I'm hoping it doesn't affect yield too greatly. The plant never seemed to stress much over it (noticeably anyway).

They are both about 30" tall and seem to have stopped growing vertically.
They just started week 6 of 12/12 flowering
RH has been pretty steady at 45%
Temp is typically about 75f with lights on, about 68 during dark hours
PPM is about 1400 currently
PH has been maintained at about 5.5 -5.6

I've noticed that the PH stays more consistent now that I'm at a higher PPM, so it's nice to not have to adjust PH everyday anymore (for a long time I had to adjust it at least once a day due to it rising on me).

Buds are forming nicely and the surrounding leaves are nice and frosty looking.

It's starting to look like a jungle in there. Can't imagine how stuffed this thing would have been if the 2 PPP hadn't hermied. Maybe it was a bit of a blessing after all - I don't know how I could have managed it truthfully.

Here are a couple of pics -

It's a jungle... Can't really see, but there are 2 Snow White's in here...
apr_21_both_SW_sideview.jpg

Closeup of a bud forming on the front Snow White:
apr_21_SW_closeup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom