XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Great summary bro and I'm glad to hear how you're feeling better!

I had the same thing happen during my bagseed grow, I had a hermie and a few males that I was slow getting rid of. No more bagseeds or males for me either, it takes a long time to grow these plants, and enough other things can go wrong.
OMM tried to warn me but I had to learn the hard way. That was crappy smoke anyhow so in the end it didn't matter.

Thanks for the kind words my friend. Right back at you. :peace:

Congrats on the BB harvest, you grew some very nice looking buds. Sorry about Missy nut we grow and learn, while having a great time sharing with our friends here on :420:

Hi xlr8 :)

Sorry to hear your disappointed with the way things went. Your still going to get some good smoke, Just not what you envisioned in yield.

Your summary said it all and you've learned a few things, that will help in future grows, so all is not lost. Actually, I think you've done well given all the circumstances you faced. :surf:

Great summary bro and I'm glad to hear how you're feeling better!

I had the same thing happen during my bagseed grow, I had a hermie and a few males that I was slow getting rid of. No more bagseeds or males for me either, it takes a long time to grow these plants, and enough other things can go wrong.
OMM tried to warn me but I had to learn the hard way. That was crappy smoke anyhow so in the end it didn't matter.

Thanks for the kind words my friend. Right back at you. :peace:

Thanks guys for helping me see the brighter side of things! :high-five:

Congrats on the BB harvest, you grew some very nice looking buds. Sorry about Missy nut we grow and learn, while having a great time sharing with our friends here on :420:

So true - it is my growing buddies like you that make this so much fun.

I didn't mean to sound as down about things as I probably came across. Truthfully, I'm completely happy to have some primo new bud, even if it's not as abundant as I'd hoped. :) This Blueberry is fantastic smoke that is getting better every day as it cures - taste gets better and better and very blueberry flavored.

Not to mention, the bagseed I have going is potent, too, and has a great pain relief sort of high, which is awesome. I'll have enough to get me through to my next harvest.

:thanks: for being a part of my grow, PB!!!

And now, for a note about the future:

I planted a couple of freebie "autos" in rapid rooters 2 nights ago. Just peeked in on them and BAM we have lift off for both. Already poking up through the top of the rooters. :):)

Normally, I don't grow at all in the summer due to heat, humidity, you name it. However - I had these 2 auto seeds (Afghan Kush ryder, and Big Bang auto) that I am hoping I can get a harvest from late June before it gets really hot and humid. I figured - they're free, I've never tried autos, they sounded interesting. What the hell - why not!

I'm extremely interested in how the auto's do too, good luck, keep us updated !

I'm extremely interested in how the auto's do too, good luck, keep us updated !

Thanks Naph! Really nice to have you here as well brother. :high-five:

Congrats Xlr on a great harvest! Those nugs look super frosty and tasty.

A buddy of mine used to grow Blueberry exclusively (way before I was into growing) and had it down pretty good. Used to be my fav strain for a looong time, such a great flavor and smell. I think yours look better than his used too!

:goodjob:

Congrats Xlr on a great harvest! Those nugs look super frosty and tasty.

A buddy of mine used to grow Blueberry exclusively (way before I was into growing) and had it down pretty good. Used to be my fav strain for a looong time, such a great flavor and smell. I think yours look better than his used too!

:goodjob:

:thanks: Marley! Really appreciate that. I'm loving the flavor, smell and it's frankly a fantastic high. Once I get through my "auto" grow, I'm going to sprout a Skywalker or two. Not sure if you've tried Skywalker, but it sounds fantastic to me:

"Blueberry (1st prize HTCC 2000, 3rd prize HTCC 2001) and Mazar (2nd prize HTCC 1999, 2nd price High Life Cup 2002) are the two unbeatable Indicas in our seed collection. Skywalker is a hybrid product of a Mazar female and a Blueberry male. The intention was to create one of the best Indicas in the world. The special Blueberry taste and aroma are combined in this hybrid with the vigor and yield of Mazar. Blueberry characteristics such as "curling leaves", slow initial growth, and bluish hues have disappeared in this hybrid, while taste, aroma (fruity and fresh), and the quality of the "high" are retained. Grown from clones at "Sea of Green", these seeds will yield about 400 gr./m2 under optimum conditions."

Hey xlr8! The Skywalker does sound good, I've never heard of it. Which seed house?

I always wondered about those yield numbers per square meter, they're based on a sog. No wonder they're so high. I used to think they were based on a big fat single plant.

This xlnt journal deserves 5 stars as well, we need to get to work here!

:peace:

:thanks: Marley! Really appreciate that. I'm loving the flavor, smell and it's frankly a fantastic high. Once I get through my "auto" grow, I'm going to sprout a Skywalker or two. Not sure if you've tried Skywalker, but it sounds fantastic to me:

"Blueberry (1st prize HTCC 2000, 3rd prize HTCC 2001) and Mazar (2nd prize HTCC 1999, 2nd price High Life Cup 2002) are the two unbeatable Indicas in our seed collection. Skywalker is a hybrid product of a Mazar female and a Blueberry male. The intention was to create one of the best Indicas in the world. The special Blueberry taste and aroma are combined in this hybrid with the vigor and yield of Mazar. Blueberry characteristics such as "curling leaves", slow initial growth, and bluish hues have disappeared in this hybrid, while taste, aroma (fruity and fresh), and the quality of the "high" are retained. Grown from clones at "Sea of Green", these seeds will yield about 400 gr./m2 under optimum conditions."

I have some Skywalker sitting in one of my nug jars at home. :)

I have a major problem with buying lots and lots of different strains from different collectives..almost to the point of obsessed. I've become such a snob that I didn't even smoke what I grew last go around, hoping that changes with my current lady. :cool:

Hey xlr8! The Skywalker does sound good, I've never heard of it. Which seed house?

I always wondered about those yield numbers per square meter, they're based on a sog. No wonder they're so high. I used to think they were based on a big fat single plant.

This xlnt journal deserves 5 stars as well, we need to get to work here!

:peace:

Hi Blue - Skywalker is from Dutch Passion. And thanks a bunch for the rating - pretty freakin' cool!

Well, I've been really busy last couple of days. Chopped Missy, my bagseed babe. She had seeds on many of her buds, and that's a first for me. However, I'm going to focus on the positive. Despite the seeds, she is shockingly potent. I am surprised to say that I really underestimated her. She never really grew a main cola, but was the branchiest plant I've grown, I think. Buds were small, and some seeded, but boy were there lots of them.

Missy is strange smelling - I've never smelled weed like this before. My wife says it doesn't smell like weed to her, and I agree. She had a diesel/chemical smell, and tons of rusty red hairs on her buds. Even though she was seeded, and I have a very high tolerance, I got COMPLETELY stoned off of one hit of her last night. It's been 2 years since I was stoned off of one hit.

I have been guilty of dismissing her for being a shaggy looking, small budded bagseed tramp. I just have to give her props for being amazingly potent. The high is somewhat narcotic, but creative as well. One hit, and I was coming up with ideas for a painting I want to do, lol! Pictures soon...

Well, I've been really busy last couple of days. Chopped Missy, my bagseed babe. She had seeds on many of her buds, and that's a first for me. However, I'm going to focus on the positive. Despite the seeds, she is shockingly potent. I am surprised to say that I really underestimated her. She never really grew a main cola, but was the branchiest plant I've grown, I think. Buds were small, and some seeded, but boy were there lots of them.

Missy is strange smelling - I've never smelled weed like this before. My wife says it doesn't smell like weed to her, and I agree. She had a diesel/chemical smell, and tons of rusty red hairs on her buds. Even though she was seeded, and I have a very high tolerance, I got COMPLETELY stoned off of one hit of her last night. It's been 2 years since I was stoned off of one hit.

I have been guilty of dismissing her for being a shaggy looking, small budded bagseed tramp. I just have to give her props for being amazingly potent. The high is somewhat narcotic, but creative as well. One hit, and I was coming up with ideas for a painting I want to do, lol! Pictures soon...

You hit the Jackpot! Even if you did talk trash about her! :cheer:

Pictures of Missy the bagseed tramp! Just before chop...

missy_apr_28.jpg

missy_apr_282.jpg

missy_apr_283.jpg

missy_apr_284.jpg

missy_apr_285.jpg

missy_apr_286.jpg

missy_apr_287.jpg

Chopped!
missy_stem_root.jpg

You hit the Jackpot! Even if you did talk trash about her! :cheer:

So true, OMM - I don't even want to think about how good she'd have been had she not gotten knocked up. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure she was from some good Humboldt bud some friends had given us a couple of years ago. That's the only bud I can remember having with these rusty red hairs, smell, and high. Who knows?! I really lucked out that it's so potent despite the seeds.

Oh, and the Blueberry gets better every day. It's shaping up nicely and curing perfectly so far. One of the best highs I've ever had, and definitely the tastiest. I take a hit of it, and lick my lips afterwards and they taste like blueberry. Crazy! The only down side is that the yield is a bit disappointing for both, but Missy will probably yield somewhere between 2-3z I'm guessing. Mostly due to a million little buds. But if one hit does it, it's as good as double that amount in my book.

Thanks for being part of the ride, OMM -- I feel blessed to be around such terrific people and growers such as yourself. :thanks: my friend! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom