New Grower Using a BCNL Producer

Re: New Grower that is using a BCNL Producer

w/ seedlings you gotta make sure they have alot of humidity. And the dome being off released all the humidity they need. You did right by putting the dome back on. When hardening off seedlings. You need to do it slowly. meaning take the dome off for 5-10 minutes then put it back on.Do this a few times a day. And increase the time as the days go on. And eventually no dome and ready for transplant. Just some info on hardening.

Thanks for the info. I watered them again and put the dome bacl on. How many times a day do you think I should give them air?

This looks like it could be couple different things. First off, it looks alot like nute burn. Generally when you start seeds you only need to soak the cubes in water and put them in the dome. For the first 7 -10 days they will be sprouting and they don't need any nutes at all.

If the pH is off or you added nutes above 600 ppm, they will likely die.

The other thing worth noting is that if you are starting from seed, you don't need a humidity dome. The dome is for cloning only, where high humidity is required. In fact, and humidity over 35% is going to promote fungus.

This does not look like fungus. This looks like a pH/fert burn problem and potentially overwatering of the rockwool.

Overwatering: droopy dull leaves
Fert burn: tips of leaves dry out and die
pH: leaves yellow

If you want to save some of these plants, dunk the cubes in plain pH 5.8 water to flush them and leave them under a light. Don't add more water for like a week and if you do use plain water. These leaves are all going to be toast, but you should get a new healthy set within a 2 - 3 days.

So I talked to BCNL and they told me to transplant them and put 1/4 of strength of Graw A and B. That's it. This was the first time I have given them nutes! This all started to go downhill when I lifted the clone dome and let them get air for about 8 hours. When I arrived back to check on them, they all looked horrible! But anyways, I did the transplant to the bigger rockwool and put them back in the dome hopefully until they get better. I did this yesterday. I will be posting up some pics tonight. Leaves are looking really rough, like they are about to fall off because of dryness. When you see the pics, please post and tell me what you think. :thanks:

This looks like it could be couple different things. First off, it looks alot like nute burn. Generally when you start seeds you only need to soak the cubes in water and put them in the dome. For the first 7 -10 days they will be sprouting and they don't need any nutes at all.

If the pH is off or you added nutes above 600 ppm, they will likely die.

The other thing worth noting is that if you are starting from seed, you don't need a humidity dome. The dome is for cloning only, where high humidity is required. In fact, and humidity over 35% is going to promote fungus.

This does not look like fungus. This looks like a pH/fert burn problem and potentially overwatering of the rockwool.

Overwatering: droopy dull leaves
Fert burn: tips of leaves dry out and die
pH: leaves yellow

If you want to save some of these plants, dunk the cubes in plain pH 5.8 water to flush them and leave them under a light. Don't add more water for like a week and if you do use plain water. These leaves are all going to be toast, but you should get a new healthy set within a 2 - 3 days.

Well let me know what you think after I post the most recent pics. cI just started to give them nutes yesterday. It was strictky ph balanced water till then. :thanks:

So I'm in the process of getting a new camera due to my old one malfunctioning! It was an older one anyway. On another note, my plants seem like they are taking a turn for the better. Not sure what they are doin but I'm actually starting to see some green again! They are, my guess, forming new leaves through the center of the plants and I'm starting to see green leaves again!

All of the leaves on all of my plants were droopy and like a light brown color. They looked dead! A few of them still look like this but I'm getting hope for them that will change really soon.

Like I said before, when they were all looking dead, I transplanted them into the 3'' rockwool that was soaked in ph balanced distilled water and 1/4 strength of Dutch Master Gold grow a and b. Then I put them back into the clone dome. :slide:

I bought a Canon Powershot A2000 IS (also buy the battery charger) and I am real happy with it! I got it from Walmart for $200. I also have a Canon Rebel but I really like the compact size of the Powershot. The A2000 has an "easy" mode on it and it produces consistent high grade shots..

New Pics Everyone! They have been under CFL for about three weeks. I ran into a problem with I think letting them into the environment too soon. They all looked dead before. But now, It seems like they are coming back to life, at least most of them seem to. I gave them 1 TBSP of Grow A and B to 1 gallon of water.

What do you guys think? I'm still very nervous as this is my FIRST grow of any plant!! Feedback greatly appreciated! :thanks:

005236.JPG

006203.JPG

POOR BABY!!

007209.JPG

008202.JPG

All 18 plants in 3'' rockwool inside of the clone dome.

009171.JPG

010174.JPG

The best looking one by far! Water is from moisture inside dome.

012136.JPG

Now do you guys think all of the dead leaves will fall off and do you think that the plants are looking like they are coming back?

The pics are a little blurry to get a really good look.. From what I can see a few of them are rebounding. If your getting new leaf growth that's a real good sign. What in your opinion happened that you feel had caused the faltering with the new seed starts?

The pics are a little blurry to get a really good look.. From what I can see a few of them are rebounding. If your getting new leaf growth that's a real good sign. What in your opinion happened that you feel had caused the faltering with the new seed starts?

I feel like I took off the clone dome too early for too long and they took a turn for the worse from there! I left the dome off for like 8-10 hours and I when I looked, they were all droopy! But they are showing signs of new leaf production. What happens with the old leafs? Do they just fall off?

Now do you guys think all of the dead leaves will fall off and do you think that the plants are looking like they are coming back?

You look like you've got one maybe for sure and 4 or 5 might make it and the rest look like toast. You probably shouldn't have a dome on them anymore. They look like they might have a root disease or fungus that is preventing them getting any nutes. Pull the rockwool carefully off one of the dead ones roots and see what's going on. My little Kali's are about a week old from sprout and have never had a dome on them and look like this right now. They're only 1/2" tall.

KaliXBabies_180110_2.jpg

I gave them some seaweed ferts with a few of drops of superthrive right after this pic was taken.

I hope you can save some of your plants. I never liked rockwool. Give me pro-mix anytime.

C'ya.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom