BCNL Producer & DIY Cabs 3 Strains

Welcome back WnF! Glad you've had a nice vacation and your friend could tend the garden in your absence.

Congrats one the recent and imminent harvests! I see much :lot-o-toke: in your immediate future!

Welcome back my friend. Not to sound corny, but I have to confess that I was sincerely a bit worried. So glad your absence was for happy fun things. :) Sounds like you had a great helper.

Congrats on the awesome harvest, so far - freaking fantastic brother! :yummy::thumb:

Of all the problems to have, too much weed for the dryer has got to be one of the happier problems. ;)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hi folks
I was lucky enough to have a BCNL Roommate purchased for christmas 2012 for me,and much like the earlier postings I highly recommend the BCNL line of products,I have had fast and courteous service from the first phone call [ they ask for a working phone number and actually call you] to asking a question online and getting an answer right away. I have a Lavender grow journal started using the Roommate where you will be able to see pics and the growing inside it.

I'd add one interesting thing I've learned about the Producer. Although it wasn't mentioned in this journal, I've noticed a pretty consistent theme from owners complaining that there's not enough air going to the 4-12" air stones. This was the case in mine. There were two stones that simply would not blow as hard as the other two. I traced and leak checked the airlines and connections and all were fine, but still two stones emitted considerably fewer bubbles.

Seeing all the air is furnished by one pump it pretty much just left one potential problem... The 1:4 manifold located just downstream of the air pump.

After the air exits the pump it goes though a manifold that takes the main air source and divides it (or is supposed to), among 4 outlets, that in turn supplies each of the air stones. I removed the black plastic manifold and blew through the main inlet port. What I found surprised me and immediately made clear the source of the problem. When blowing through the main only 2 of the 4 outlets had decent airflow, the other 2 were suppressed and limited. Luckily I had another manifold on hand and that fixed the problem instantly. Had I not had an extra, I would have done a little tubing work to "stop" the 2 bad ports and take all pressure from the remaining two.

In closing, there is no air problem in the Producer... Only BCNL's use of the incorrect/defective manifold. There is absolutely no need to add an additional air pump or make ANY modifications other than the two-minute fix noted above.

I'm not complaining though, as its the only issue I've ever experienced with the box.

Thanks very much Hash. Nothing but drywall, extra flooring and cheapo flouro cans up top. I had the extra change rattling in my pocket 'cause it can't be spent on pain meds anymore -- lol. With a little luck maybe they're be something nice to show in it. Funny you mentioned the garage. That was actually the initial plan, which changed to the laundry room, then morphed into this career area. The heater is an Elite 10 (50w submersible) from a local domesticated mammalian accouterment conglomerate. It has faithfully kept a constant 75 degrees +/- 2 thus far.
Peace to you and thanks again for stopping by with your kind words!
I’m new to this also. Setting up a producer now. Bought it used and trying to figure out if the vent fan running when the display shows “off” is normal?
Nikken magnetic products have helped with my back and knee pain. Natural and the don’t wear out.
Windy bud here

Back
Top Bottom