XLR8's BCNL Mixed Strain Hydro Grow 2011

Happy 420 brotha, have you thought how you're going to dry and cure your ladies yet??

Thanks w!sest - I have a spare room I use that I just hang branches from the ceiling upside down. I try to keep RH 40-50% if possible and then I wait until they appear to be outwardly dry - then I jar them for a bit and check moisture, if they are still too moist I put them in paper bags in a room with some air movement (not direct!) and check them frequently - then jar again each time I think it feels close. Once I think they're "right" I keep them jarred and burp jars nightly for at least a week, depending again on moisture.

This time, I'm going to get a bit more scientific, and follow something I've seen several people here do. I saw Bluedog just post it in another journal in the last day or two... It seems like about the same as what I do, but more specific and scientific. Basically, monitoring the moisture in the jars with a "Caliber III" hygrometer I bought a while back to make sure levels are right. My process has always worked great for me, but I screwed up last time and forgot/didn't think I needed to adequately burp a couple of jars, and had mold issues in those 2 jars. I need to be more diligent this go round - I lost 2z of bud because of that screw up!! In hindsight I probably should have tried to cook with it. Shit happens I guess!

:peacetwo:

Happy 420 XLR8! That Blueberry is really looking awesome!

Looks and sounds like you've got some great meds coming soon!
:welldone:

Thanks Mr. Krip - you and me both, brother. Literally! Are you excited? I still get super excited about harvesting new meds and seeing what they look like all trimmed up.

Ahhhhhhh! The anticipation of a harvest! A feeling we all love. :thumb:

Happy 420 Day! :theband:

Good feeling indeed!

I'll have you know that you've now rearranged my plans tonight by reminding me (I think in your journal) that the seed banks are all having sales today. I'm a shopping machine now, thanks to you! Now I know how you ended up with enough seeds to overgrow Hawaii...

Thanks Mr. Krip - you and me both, brother. Literally! Are you excited? I still get super excited about harvesting new meds and seeing what they look like all trimmed up.

Oooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm definately getting excited and, frankly, don't know how I've been able to resist taking samples, so far.

Actually, I'm sure it's because I have some to keep me going until she finishes, but that's besides the point! :hookah:

This is definately the most fun part of the grow (well, maybe besides taking that first fully cured hit - I'll let you know!) .

Lots of changes happening in these last few weeks and we get a good insight as to the great enjoyment to come! :high-five:

Happy 420 XLR8!!! :party:

I'm glad to spread that curing info around, I think it's very legit and it worked for me. It was about 5th hand when I first saw it so unfortunately I don't know who to credit.

I ordered some seeds today too, and I don't think it was even a 420 sale lol. I was looking at so many places I lost track, but I went with SSC again and now await their arrival.

Won't be long now for all you guys, it will be harvest city around here :lot-o-toke:

Good feeling indeed!

I'll have you know that you've now rearranged my plans tonight by reminding me (I think in your journal) that the seed banks are all having sales today. I'm a shopping machine now, thanks to you! Now I know how you ended up with enough seeds to overgrow Hawaii...

All I can say is :amen:

Happy 420 XLR8!!! :party:

I'm glad to spread that curing info around, I think it's very legit and it worked for me. It was about 5th hand when I first saw it so unfortunately I don't know who to credit.

I ordered some seeds today too, and I don't think it was even a 420 sale lol. I was looking at so many places I lost track, but I went with SSC again and now await their arrival.

Won't be long now for all you guys, it will be harvest city around here :lot-o-toke:

So now you understand Seed Addiction ! :yahoo:

Last night I clipped 2 small buds for sample smoke and let them dry a bit overnight (1 from Blueberry and 1 from Missy). I decided to sample a bud from Missy, (my bagseed plant that's always hidden behind the Blueberry).

Her buds are small and not too impressive looking, but boy did I get hella stoned off of her! Very narcotic feeling - medicinal. I feel numb and sedated from it. That's not a bad thing, because while I enjoy the herb, I also rely on it for helping with pain issues. I don't think she'll yield much, and might have been a better outdoor plant, but she's already an interesting high - and I like it. She also might be closer to done than I thought, because she's accelerating bud growth and I'm seeing a fair amount of milky trichs on her already (hence me sampling her, too).

Wow... really narcotic! I'm still pretty medicated 2 hours after hitting it with the bong. :)

No joke man I think there's about 4 of us here who are going to harvest within +/- a week of each other. We should do a collab smoke report, well let our stuff cure for few weeks, snap some pics and enjoi!

:yummy:

I think you're right - a lot of harvests coming up. :yummy: Should be fun! There will be some mighty stoned individuals over the next few weeks as we start enjoying the fruits of our labor. It's already in progress - OMM has been busy harvesting a couple of strains, Sisco just harvested (at 4:20 on 4/20!), 52 Firestone just harvested his Hulk, and there are others too I think I'm probably forgetting. Lots of red-eyes!

Last night I clipped 2 small buds for sample smoke and let them dry a bit overnight (1 from Blueberry and 1 from Missy). I decided to sample a bud from Missy, (my bagseed plant that's always hidden behind the Blueberry).

Her buds are small and not too impressive looking, but boy did I get hella stoned off of her! Very narcotic feeling - medicinal. I feel numb and sedated from it. That's not a bad thing, because while I enjoy the herb, I also rely on it for helping with pain issues. I don't think she'll yield much, and might have been a better outdoor plant, but she's already an interesting high - and I like it. She also might be closer to done than I thought, because she's accelerating bud growth and I'm seeing a fair amount of milky trichs on her already (hence me sampling her, too).

Wow... really narcotic! I'm still pretty medicated 2 hours after hitting it with the bong. :)

Hey bro that's great news on the smoke, that's what it's all about :lot-o-toke:

Especially great news on your bagseed. Mine has been curing for 2 mos now. I watercured the cola and tried some of that way back when and wasn't impressed. So I'm kind of hoping I'll never have to get to it. I'll try it again one of these days, maybe it's better than I'm thinking. :peace:

Hey bro that's great news on the smoke, that's what it's all about :lot-o-toke:

Especially great news on your bagseed. Mine has been curing for 2 mos now. I watercured the cola and tried some of that way back when and wasn't impressed. So I'm kind of hoping I'll never have to get to it. I'll try it again one of these days, maybe it's better than I'm thinking. :peace:

I have to say, I'm probably not going to try bagseed again. I will say she seems potent, and she has nice red hairs, but with random bagseed like this: you don't know if it's better suited to outdoor, might be hermie, might need different training, could be sativa, etc. We'll see, I kinda like the mystery, but it's much more fun to grow what you know and have say in what you harvest imho...

Think I'm going to chop today... Maybe both. Not sure yet. Blueberry coming down though.
:peacetwo:

I have to share that I had clipped a small blueberry bud a couple of days ago that I set on top of my grow box to dry a little slower. Last night I vaporized it in the Silver Surfer, and I was blown away by the fact that on the inhale it tasted EXACTLY like blueberries.

I was expecting a "hint" of blueberry flavor in it, but this was not a hint. It was dead on blueberry flavored ganja. It was still a little harsh from being uncured, but the flavor was there spot on. Couldn't taste it in the exhale, interesting enough (yet - maybe after cure) - but it was freaking awesome how dead on Blueberry it was. Wife noticed it too - she thought it was crazy how exact the flavor was, like a picked off the vine blueberry. Loved it!

Makes me excited for tasting it after curing a bit, etc. :) :) :yahoo:

I have to share that I had clipped a small blueberry bud a couple of days ago that I set on top of my grow box to dry a little slower. Last night I vaporized it in the Silver Surfer, and I was blown away by the fact that on the inhale it tasted EXACTLY like blueberries.

I was expecting a "hint" of blueberry flavor in it, but this was not a hint. It was dead on blueberry flavored ganja. It was still a little harsh from being uncured, but the flavor was there spot on. Couldn't taste it in the exhale, interesting enough (yet - maybe after cure) - but it was freaking awesome how dead on Blueberry it was. Wife noticed it too - she thought it was crazy how exact the flavor was, like a picked off the vine blueberry. Loved it!

Makes me excited for tasting it after curing a bit, etc. :) :) :yahoo:

That sounds great xlr8 ! :Rasta:

My little Blueberry sprout is about 2.5" now. I can't wait! :yummy:

Great news on the BB, XLR8! I think I might have to try that strain! :welldone:

Definitely :yummy: - What a cool flavor!

That sounds great xlr8 ! :Rasta:

My little Blueberry sprout is about 2.5" now. I can't wait! :yummy:

:thumb: I can't wait to see how yours does, I'll say this: it's a beautiful plant! Nice high, too - hopefully will get much better yet.

Back
Top Bottom