There's the Pure Power Plant (PPP) growing in my closet

First off thanks for the comments! :thanks:

Im using two T8 light fixtures each with two bulbs, one warm (3800 lumens) and one cool (3700 lumens) in each light fixture... Light fixtures were only $10each, and $20 for four bulbs, so my total lighting for this entire grow is only $40.

:grinjoint:

hey man im very impressed with this grow, i have almost an identical light set up , but i was wondering if your flowering under the same bulbs you grew with?

hey man im very impressed with this grow, i have almost an identical light set up , but i was wondering if your flowering under the same bulbs you grew with?

Good question... The answer is no. For young plants/veg I only use one light fixture, and that light only has the COOL bulbs. Once the plants start getting wide (about 8" wide) I hang up the second light fixture, again with only the COOL bulbs. When I switch to 12/12 I take out one cool bulb out of each light fixture and put in a warm bulb in its place... Hope that helps!

Good question... The answer is no. For young plants/veg I only use one light fixture, and that light only has the COOL bulbs. Once the plants start getting wide (about 8" wide) I hang up the second light fixture, again with only the COOL bulbs. When I switch to 12/12 I take out one cool bulb out of each light fixture and put in a warm bulb in its place... Hope that helps!

thanks, have you noticed any diffrence in the yeild or bud quality, by flowering under the tubes? i have it planned to use a hps for flowering, but if there wont be a big diffrence i will save the money and on electricity. you know? i have a veg closet set up, posted in the grow journals tell me what you think.. thanks alot

thanks, have you noticed any diffrence in the yeild or bud quality, by flowering under the tubes? i have it planned to use a hps for flowering, but if there wont be a big diffrence i will save the money and on electricity. you know? i have a veg closet set up, posted in the grow journals tell me what you think.. thanks alot

I have heard by using HPS people do get a more denser bud and possible bigger buds... But I don't have the money to buy a HPS and don't want to pay for the extra eletricity either, i mean shit these fluorescents only use 64 watts per light fixture, plus HPS lights create a lot of heat, fluorescents hardly make any heat!! IMO, four foot fluorescents are the best bang for your buck as far as lighting goes...

I have heard by using HPS people do get a more denser bud and possible bigger buds... But I don't have the money to buy a HPS and don't want to pay for the extra eletricity either, i mean shit these fluorescents only use 64 watts per light fixture, plus HPS lights create a lot of heat, fluorescents hardly make any heat!! IMO, four foot fluorescents are the best bang for your buck as far as lighting goes...

I also heard that about using the hps for flowering. but with the money im saving by using the fluororecents i can afford this set up i found at my local hydro shop. (texas hydroponics and organics) 400 hps with ballast for $184.99u cant beat that! Thanks again for having the proof that these lights can and will get the job done. + rep

Day 65 (24 days into flowering). My camera batterys were very low so I didn't get to take a lot of pics and had to hurry and take them before my camera died, so I just got a few pics... My smallest plant caught up and now two of my plants are 21.5" tall and the other one is 27.5" tall.

They are geting nice and frosty :yummy:
day65pppa.jpg

day65pppb.jpg

day65pppc.jpg

day65pppd.jpg

day65pppe.jpg

day65pppf.jpg

Wow man your plants look outstanding!! :cheer:

They are just dripping with trics. I cant believe how good they look...

Great job man! :ganjamon:

Hey TxState, dude i've gotta say Bravo! you've been my motivation/inspiration to finish my first grow, I read about your first grow, and learned alot myslef, I actually had the same problems you did with the MG soil and killed my babies, using regular plant food in the first week. Looking forward to seeing the results of your second grow, I've restarted mine and will post pics and thread and all that as soon as i figure out how. lol

Hi all!!, i'm new to this forum and a noob in the growing department as well. I would welcome any and all advice from anyone willing to share! I'm growing some regular ol' bagseed with 6 100w equiv cfl bulbs and one 400w equiv cfl (closet grow) using the 12/12 method. I would like to start a journal but have no clue how, if someone could point me in the right direction i would be more than grateful!!

Doctor Dread, MrGrowitALL, pan4gold49, Pericodaking, and Ms.Fox.. Thank you all for the kind words!

I currently have not smoked in 14 days due to a drug test for school that is coming up... So right now I have to lay low.. but im sure this bud is going to be the first thing I smoke when I can finally smoke again!! Can't wait!! Oh how I miss Mary Jane... :surf:

TxState, you're welcome, you really are the poor man's inspiration, sorry to hear about the drug test Damn the Man! lol. i'll be posting pics of my 12/12 cfl closet grow in a day or two, check it out when you get a chance.
best of luck, hope your girls finish strong!

Great journal TxState, I was looking and looking for a poor man's grow closet journal but no one came close.

I'm also a university student on a budget and tight on space. I'm sure I'll have more questions later but I just have one for now (my seeds are germinating as i type, lol). I'm aware that you're using 3700-3800 per fixture? is that correct? However, i'm a newbie and i was wondering what that converts into wattage? SO, are you using (2) 32w bulbs for 3800 lumens and lower wattage bulbs for less lumens? The fixture that i bought can only take max 32w.

Thank you, this was my first post and i'll be starting a journal tonite. Thanks TxState:thanks::yummy:

Great journal TxState, I was looking and looking for a poor man's grow closet journal but no one came close.

I'm also a university student on a budget and tight on space. I'm sure I'll have more questions later but I just have one for now (my seeds are germinating as i type, lol). I'm aware that you're using 3700-3800 per fixture? is that correct? However, i'm a newbie and i was wondering what that converts into wattage? SO, are you using (2) 32w bulbs for 3800 lumens and lower wattage bulbs for less lumens? The fixture that i bought can only take max 32w.

Thank you, this was my first post and i'll be starting a journal tonite. Thanks TxState:thanks::yummy:
HEY 17WEST if you're tight on space and $$$ you might want to look into getting a few cfl bulbs, they're really cheap and they'll get the job done plus they're compact, ideal for small spaces!

Back
Top Bottom