1st Grow In 40 Years

Didn't know you're using RO water. If that's the case add some calmag get it up to 50 PPM before adding in nutes. Your plants are suffering from deficiency. Take a look below.

malady_chart.jpg

• SukaFr33...
    Many thanks my friend. It was touch and go for a while I was so nervous about it
    -
  • ThatOneGuyy ....
    Thanks for coming along and the kind words of encouragement. I am glad you spoke up!
    -
  • GrowDiary and Danny Hoo....
    Thanks guys/gals for the positive reinforcement! If I can keep this grow together for 2 more weeks or so I should be in good shape.
    -
  • Twelve12....
    I really appreciate your stepping in when things were going down hill and offering advice. ...also the deficiency chart is excellent. I feed late today and will add some CalMagPlus to 50 PPM. What are your thoughts on using CalMagPlus on watering days with Hygrozyme instead of feeding day?

:thanks:

1970s grower, thanks for the journal .. and for bringing a new perspective on many things. I love the little touches like the twists of wire to support seedlings .. in 14 years of growing I'd never thought of that!

But what I'd really like to say is a big Thank You to Twelve12 for probably the best guide to deficiency problems I've seen .. the number of times I've trawled the internet looking up mag deficiency or phosphorus etc then had to back page through trying to guess which looks most like my leaf ... I'm gonna snip & save this one. Again, thanks twelve12.

I feed late today and will add some CalMagPlus to 50 PPM. What are your thoughts on using CalMagPlus on watering days with Hygrozyme instead of feeding day?

That would work. I no longer use Hygrozyme, keeping it simple and still get healthy plants. Try to feed your plants within the first hour the lights are on. This will give a lot of time for the plants to use the nute during photosynthesis. This will promote plant's health. I bet it smells real nice now that they're budding.

1970s grower, thanks for the journal .. and for bringing a new perspective on many things. I love the little touches like the twists of wire to support seedlings .. in 14 years of growing I'd never thought of that!

But what I'd really like to say is a big Thank You to Twelve12 for probably the best guide to deficiency problems I've seen .. the number of times I've trawled the internet looking up mag deficiency or phosphorus etc then had to back page through trying to guess which looks most like my leaf ... I'm gonna snip & save this one. Again, thanks twelve12.

I feel honored to get your first post! Thanks for the compliments... In almost 40 years things have changed technically and there is much more knowledge out there now. The one thing that works now just like it did is learning from each other and using plain old common sense solutions to problems. I feel fortunate to be among the bunch here. I welcome you to start a journal of your own and sharing some of the 14 years experience with us. I am sure we can learn a lot from you. If you do, I'm subbed for sure.

I feed late today and will add some CalMagPlus to 50 PPM. What are your thoughts on using CalMagPlus on watering days with Hygrozyme instead of feeding day?

That would work. I no longer use Hygrozyme, keeping it simple and still get healthy plants. Try to feed your plants within the first hour the lights are on. This will give a lot of time for the plants to use the nute during photosynthesis. This will promote plant's health. I bet it smells real nice now that they're budding.

There ya go again help me realize the obvious. Now why didn't I think of morning feedings? Great tip!

THe smell is orgasmic. I haven't smoked anything but my dropped leaves in almost 2 years. I touch some trichomes when no one is looking then hold the finger up to my nose... The anticipation drives me nuts.

my whole entire grow i watered rite before lights out, and i haven't not one problem the whole grow, now with my first indoor grow i watered durin the day, while using the same nutes that im using now and i ended up with all kinds of problems including nute burns, but then again i dont know if that was the real reason or not, maybe it is maybe its not, but i would think if you were to give it a foilar feedin durin lights on it most likely would burn the plant, so why wouldn't it have problems givin it a regular feeding, lol i dont know, lol what i do kno is that im stoned outta my mind lol!!!! im confusin the shit out of my damn self lol.. :)

10/23 Day 42 of 12/12...

THe buds are still making new growth and the new growth looks good. I cut a little peice off each plant yesterday and checked my trichomes. THis is an almost sexual experience as this part is filled with anticipation. The Trichomes look like big boners with mishapen heads on them. THey are still clear with a few cloudy here and there. I would say 1 out of 50 is cloudy. I will keep a close eye on them.

I pinched off two small buds from lower in the plant from two of the plants. I have them in an envelope setting on the cable box. I open em up to get fresh air. I think 48 hours will do it for the quick dry/cure. THis will be a profound moment for me to smoke my first bud in almost 2 years and the fact that I grew it (will help from many here).

I will report in after the smoke. :bong:

Here some picks from today. Also I started a new Blue Planet Organic grow. Check my sig for the link to that.

Sunday_cabs_009.JPG

Sunday_cabs_010.JPG

Sunday_cabs_011.JPG

Sunday_cabs_012.JPG

Sunday_cabs_014.JPG

Sunday_cabs_015.JPG

Tommorrow I water with Hygrozyme and smoke a bowl. The plants aren't drinking as much as they used to. Early flowering I had to water every 3 days. Now its every 4. Don't know what to make of that.

Suka, with me its finding time to do feeding/watering that dictates when I feed. On the weekdays I work days and feeding is an evening chore. On the weekends I feed/water early in the day. My 12/12 lights on goes 8:00am to 8:00pm.

Im amazed how good they look. Seriously after seeing all these CFL grows, one cannot underestimate them. SuKa and yourself growing with CFL and getting results like this impress me everytime I see update pics. My dresser stealth cab for mother/Clones will be run strictly on CFL lighting with Computer fan intake from the ground position and Passive exhaust. So I will have something running with CFL at least. :tokin:

70s grower,
I also go back to the 60s and 70s and glad you're back at it. I've been useing FF nukes now for like 3 yrs. and never a proplem. But I don't use all those additives, just Cha-ching in the last 3 weeks. I think you overdosed them on something !! Ha !! I strictly follow the ff feeding chart and no problems here. I think we're all guilty of over or misdiagnosing our babys. When you flushed, in my opinion you should have used only water and twice the pot size, for each pot. Then imediately fertilize. Good luck on your next grow and let me know how that blue planet works for you.

70s grower,
I also go back to the 60s and 70s and glad you're back at it. I've been useing FF nukes now for like 3 yrs. and never a proplem. But I don't use all those additives, just Cha-ching in the last 3 weeks. I think you overdosed them on something !! Ha !! I strictly follow the ff feeding chart and no problems here. I think we're all guilty of over or misdiagnosing our babys. When you flushed, in my opinion you should have used only water and twice the pot size, for each pot. Then imediately fertilize. Good luck on your next grow and let me know how that blue planet works for you.

My thoughts exactly... though when I emailed Fox Farm I was told to ONLY use double my normal watering which was 1/2 gallon in a 3 gallon pot x 2= 1 gallon per pot for flush. Fox farms claims that by using 2 gallons per pot instead of 1 "I shocked" the plants with too much water.

Me thinks Sledghammer did the shocking. Sledgehammer is BTW on the latest Fox Farm Feeding Chart. It should be removed.

Thanks for the advice and comments. It is appreciated!

Im amazed how good they look. Seriously after seeing all these CFL grows, one cannot underestimate them. SuKa and yourself growing with CFL and getting results like this impress me everytime I see update pics. My dresser stealth cab for mother/Clones will be run strictly on CFL lighting with Computer fan intake from the ground position and Passive exhaust. So I will have something running with CFL at least. :tokin:

If you use enough lumens and can get them where the plant can use them they work great for a cabinet. Heat issues are solved with a computer fan. My buds down low are not the biggest like you would get with HID but I just dont have room for HID in a 42 inch high cabinet and 9" tall pots.

I still have an 30 year old 500 watt HPS that I used in the early 80s grows. We still used it to get a start on spring annuals for the front yard. Its hard to beleive it still works. I am sure its not very efficient.

Sorry I'm late but I was trying to catch up. I would still like to stick around and see how the rest of this goes. They are looking great, I too am starting to see the advantage of CFL and would like to use some on a stealth grow that I may start soon. I want to go get 2 300W CFL's for a cabinet that is 24" by 13" by 30" tall. Great comeback and I can't wait to see the end!!!

Jameswri85...

You will face similar space challenges that I have had to deal with. With 30" of height, you will need nice low pots. The smaller the roots, the smaller the yield though. I chose the fat stubby 3 gallon containers that are 9" tall and 10.5" diameter. You might consider more, but lower watter CFLs that wont take up so much headroom of that 30".

Good luck, I will keep an eye on your grow.

Those are about the dimensions of my dresser that I plan on converting into a mother/Clone stealth cab. I can fit 3gal pots which leaves me with about 20" between the top of the dresser to the rim of the pots. Minus the space I need for lights(The cab will be completely CFL run) which leaves me with about roughly 1' of space maybe a little more.

All my new plants that I will be growing are potential mothers so I plan on training them to stay low and bushy.

10/30... I haven't posted an update lately so here we are. THings are still progressing well....

First I found a handy "hermie tool" at Walmart for $9. Its a tweezers with a very powerful LED on it. I am not sure how long the battery will last but its great for an old farts eyes to find and pinch the balls of my hermie. It has other uses also. I find a tweezers to one of my most used tools.

Also in the pic is a roach clip from the 70s... Its been in my tool box all these years. Its stainless surgical steel and its so old its got a tad bit of rust on it in spots. Theres got to be a museum somewhere looking for this. I can hardly wait to use it with my first fatty from this grow (are they still called fatties?).

Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_047.JPG

I will have some pictures of buds and plants up a little later today.

While I am taking pics of tools I thought I would lay them all out and take a picture. Theres a jewlers ruge purchased on ebay for $16 that magnifies 40x and has an LED. Great for finding preflowers and almost enough power to look at Trichomes. Also the thing with the brown handle and lens is a 10x magnifier withe LED I got from Walmart. It has a tweezers on the end of it. Its a good tool for the right situations. There is also a 60-100x Microscope from Radio Shack that I use for looking at Trichome color. THe rest of the stuff pictured I am sure you are familiar with.

Flower_Day_49-Seedlings_Day_10_052.JPG

Some notes I need to update on my trichomes....
  • Bagseed #1. My Hermie...Seeds all over the place. 40% clousdy, 20% Creamy. 5% Brown 35% Clear. I will harvest him this week. This plant is not going to yield as well as the others. I should have pulled the she/boy from the cab when I saw the first ball
  • Bagseed #3 My LST 65% cloudy, 0% Creamy, 25% clear.
  • Bagseed #6 My lanky Sativa... All Clear... no Creamy, no brown, no cloudy. Frosty as hell this one is..
  • Bagseed #7 This is the least mature plant I have All clear with lots of growth left. Pistil are just starting to show a few brown ones here and there.

Back
Top Bottom