My 1st Grow Ever - Incredible Bulk

Hello everyone,

Thanks Skybound for the tip! A little late as I have already chopped down the ladies! Just the same, my gratitude to you Skybound for guiding me throughout this grow. Again, its my first grow ever and without your help (and the others of course!), I don’t think I’d be able to pull it off in this side of the world! Kinda tough when everything you need is thousands of miles away.

Two of the 4 ladies yielded great. The 2 younger ones’ yields are almost negligible. Cut all the buds and trimmed all the fan leaves. Left the sugar leaves as advised and after trimming everything, washed and shook the whole bunch in a bucket of tap water (2 gallons) with ½ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice and ½ cup of baking soda. Rinsed it off with tap water and put the back in the tent upside down. Left the T5’s on for the next days. Will also be leaving the carbon filters on. And now, we wait to dry. I’m expecting 4-7 days and in the jars they go!

An update on the next grow….I made the mistake of putting the cloner res in the lower chamber with the LEDs too soon. Leaves are burnt for all ladies (3 Incredible Bulks and 1 Northern Lights) and I don’t know if they will survive. I transferred them back to the upper chamber under the T5’s. Based on my last grow, I transferred the res in the lower chamber after 5-6 weeks. I am 3 weeks early. Not even sure if having 2 different strains will work. The NL’s is much bigger than the other 3. Germinating 4 seeds again for the 2nd grow as I plan to get a wider net trellis since the one I have is fit for the cabinet and not the tent.

Would appreciate advise. Pics below!

Thanks again everyone! Cheers!

13996.JPG

21953.JPG

31699.JPG

41324.jpg

2nd Grow: 3 weeks germination - Back to the T5's

51048.JPG

Congratulations on your harvest! I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the greetings! I once again want to thank everyone who stood beside this grow. Without you guys, I don't think I'd be able to pull this off. Its my first grow ever and quite happy with the results! Again, my deepest gratitude to you guys!

Just to give you guys an update, the buds dried in 4 days. This was expected after washing them. In fact, when I jarred them on the 5th day, i think it was over-dried because the buds felt light and it was a bit flaky. So, I jarred them with Boveda packs and after just a day, the buds felt and smelled better! I think the Bovedas really work in getting the right humidity! Will be curing for a couple of more days before lighting 'em up! Upon getting the weight, harvest of my 1st ever grow is 186 grams (6.5 ounces)! Could have gotten more if the 2 babies yielded as much as the other 2. But I think that's not bad for a first timer.

As for the new babies.... I cut out 2 burnt leaves from the Northern Lights (NL). I am hoping this will slow down the growth so the other 3 Incredible Bulks (IB) can catch up. Im also planning to top the NL since I think its big enough. The problem I foresee in this next grow is that it is recommended on the website that the NL's (the strain is actually Northern Lights X Big Big) be given 20/4 of light all throughout the grow. Since I'm also growing 3 Incredible Bulk with it, is it ok to use the 20/4 light regimen for all babies? Or should I stick with 18/6 & 12/12 regimen as previously done? Sorry I forgot to take a pic of the new babies. Will do so next time. Would appreciate any advise on this.

Also, should I start another journal on my 2nd grow or do I just continue using this thread?

Pics below!

Thanks again! Cheers!

175.PNG

245.PNG

333.PNG

419.PNG

It gets easier with time. Now you have the experience and a nice harvest to keep you medicated for a while. I don't know if there is a recorded difference between 18/6 and 20/4 aside from the noticeable difference of 2 extra dark hours for 18/6. I personally am a fan of 18/6 for those extra 2 hours of darkness as a lot of growth is accomplished in the dark period, but I have no evidence that this would work "better" than say 20/4 or 12/5.5/1/5.5 which is the gas lantern routine (GLR).

Hi guys,

Thanks for the well wishes! Loving the smokes!

I think I'm in trouble... Almost all the leaves are still burnt... Not sure if they will survive. I think the LED's were too close. The Northern Lights are bigger than her Incredible Bulk sisters. I am on my 1st week of 18/6 (as per Skybound's advise) so I transferred all of the babies to the tent again, and together with all the gauges & fan, rose the LED's to approx 24-30 inches from the babies. Been keeping PPMs below 300 and pH within 5.5 to 6.0 range. Also, just put a few drops of Root 66 to hopefully make them well. Will be observing for the next days if they will survive.

Pics below! Would appreciate advise pls....

Thanks again! Peace!

IMG_6479.PNG

IMG_6481.PNG

IMG_6480.PNG

IMG_6482.PNG

IMG_6483.PNG

IMG_6484.PNG

IMG_6485.PNG

IMG_6486.PNG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom