Jfault20 First Plunge Into The Unknown 2 Auto Strains

Nice, bushy girls :) I'm just passing week 1 on my autos, when did you see signs of 2nd set of leafs? Keep on spoiling them with love! :)
Depends on the plant the blue mystic grew it's second set during that first week but the bubbilicious grew hers the second but also continued to grow more

Ran into my first problem fellas will need your help I thought that the blue mystic (who's been growing funny since she first started was healing and moving on it appears she's not.. I thought it was because I watered her too much but now the tips of the leaves or browning/yellowing/dying and curling up while the bulk of the leaf is hanging down. My light is extremely far away from the plant and the other plant isn't showing any signs of the same things so it has to be in the soil. I didn't water her for a couple of days but things seem (because it looked like overwatering) to have gotten worst.. Here's some pics.. I'm thinking it's nute lock and that maybe she needs a flush.. I'm not sure of how to do this exactly any help would be much appreciated
DSCF7018.JPG
DSCF7020.JPG

That being said, I still think it's nute burn :) haha, honestly..
I was thinking one or both (overwatering and nute burn) of the problems but would that explain the leaves hanging down as well.. When I did water it yesterday I added some Nutes but very little. So I'm wondering what to do now as I see a flush would be the only answer.. How do you perform a flush.. And believe me I'll wait until I get a few more options

hi mate, so let me get this right, you watered yesterday with bpn, well bpn wont be the problem as long as you follow the online feeding guide from the bpn site and not the guide on the bottles, on the site it tells you to start with a weak mix etc etc, now you can use bpn as soon as you see the first set of true leaves forming, so around 7 days from sprouting out the soil. so i dont think its the bpn, i use it and have no problems,
how long have you left it between watering, having the seedling in a big pot means its holding a lot of moisture so it could easily go 7 days without watering, hold your fingers strait and poke them down into the soil until your up to the 2nd knuckle, then wiggle them about and pull them out, this will tell you how wet the soil is, if its all stuck to your fingers and feels really moist then stop watering till the top inch is is dry,

how often have you been giving nutes and what doses have you been feeding, if you have only fed once then it cant be the nutes unless you made a mistake with the measurements, i use the 3 part plus bloom booster, and for seedling stage i think you add 2.5ml of grow, micro,bloom, to a gallon of water, now as i dont need to mix up a whole gallon what i do is fill a 2ltr pop bottle and then i know this is half a gallon so i then just add half the bpn that it says and i have not had problems with this, i use an old cough medicine syringe from when my kids where little as its hard to guess with spoons.

so let me know how often you have been watering, how much bpn you have given it and how many feeds,
also if the other plants are doing ok then it wont be the temps or the lights, so we can rule that out unless this plant is closer to the light than the others,

if you have a fan blowing on this plant then turn the fan off or blow it above the plant, a fan at this stage will dry the leaves out and cause the problem your getting, so me it looks like over watering or to much nutes, so for now dont water of give any more nutes, if you watered yesterday then dont water till the top inch is dry, just check by pushing your fingers down into the pot, also make sure the water can drain out the bottom.

if its over watered then it will pick up in a day or 2, if it was under watered then it would pick up in an hour or 2, when the leaves droop on my plant i know they need some water, so when i water them the leaves start stretching for the light in less than 2 hours, so we can say it wasnt under watered.

with a plant that young you should be watering around every 3 or 4 days depending on pot size, the smaller the pot the more often it needs watering, but if the pot is big then it wont need watering for a while as it will be moist for ages,

now im growing a blue mystic and having similar problems, as soon as it sprouted some leaves where weird shaped and badly deformed and was yellow and green, i kept it growing and its slowly getting better, but leaves are still deformed and yellow and green, now i know its not my soil and its not the nutes as its had none, so my problem is with the strain, i got lots of plants growing in the same soil all in different stages of growth from seedling to full on in flower, and i have no problems with the other plants.

so it could be the strain not been stable, mine looks worse than yours, yours dont look to bad at the moment, at a guess id say it is over watered due to the pot size, so if the pot is pretty big then it wont need watering for a longer period which can be anything up to a week or more, so dig your fingers down and check how wet the soil is, make sure no fan is blowing on the plant, stop feeding nutes for now, their is enough nutrients in the soil to keep these plants growing healthy for around 3 weeks, we often give to much nutes and stunt growth and the plant wont show signs of stress till its really stressed, so if you see nute burn then the plant has been stressed for a while, i stopped giving nutes to my flowering plants 2 weeks ago and the leaves are still dark green, when the leaves start looking light green then ill give them more nutes, my soil got to hot so i need to let the plant use whats in the soil so i can control the nutes again.

but to me mate it could honestly be the strain, mine is badly deformed and the leaves have pieces missing out of them and the edges of teh deformed are is yellow, mine looks a whole lot worse than yours and is hardly growing, but i know its not a water or nute issue, nor a light or temp issue, so the problem im having is with the strain not been stable

@donp I started just this week with Nutes this was my second feeding with Nutes and my first feeding was Sunday. So I felt the soil to see if it was dry felt a bit dry so I basically watered the top the soil because it felt heavier than the other plant.. And as you said I haven't really run into any problems with the other plant (different strain) in fact it's already showing pistols.. When I first started watering them I would just water the tops every other day or as needed.. But going into this week I added more water/nutes than what I would for just watering the soil tops for the plants.. But still the leaves were already flopping over like they are now before that. When I watered her she had leakage out but I poured it out. The dosage I'm using of BPN is very small.. It's the 1/4th dosage they have for seedlings and even with that I kinda went a little less than that..

clearly the problem is not nutes mate so dont bother with a flush it wont get you anywhere, im not sure on the soil your using but if its miracle grow and contains slow release nutes then this would be the problem, check the soil make sure its wet a few inches down, check that its not just the top thats wet say the top half inch, so dig down the side of the pot and check if its wet further down, if it is just leave it a few days, let it dry out, you need the top inch dry, you will see the soil shrink a bit and you will have a gap around the edge of the pot between the soil and the pot, id stop with the nutes as it wont need it at this stage, let the pot dry out and try and get the plant looking better before you give any more nutes, the soil will have enough in it to last 3 weeks ish,

so check how wet the medium is, dig down the edge of the pot and check if its wet further down, if it is then dont water till you feel its dry on top, these plants dont need much water, the roots need oxygen so to much water stops the roots getting oxygen and kills the plants, so what i do is get a pot of the same size and fill it with the same growing medium, now leave this pot with no plant in dry, then you can pick the pots up and compare the weight, if the one is heavier then dont water, if its about the same then water the plant.

its best to let the soil dry out between watering, then when you water pout it evenly over the top and stop watering when you have some run off out the bottom, when the plant is bigger i put it in a dish so it can soak the run off up then i tip away what it has not used in an hour or so, then i leave it till it gets dry again, at least if the pot is dry and the plant is wilting then you know it needs watering, then the plant will recover in about an hour, as this is not the case with yours then id let it dry out for 3 or 4 days, but keep checking the soil as temps make it take longer to dry out or quicker to dry out, so i always dig down a couple of inches and check if its moist or not, if its moist it dont need watering, you basically want the top inch of soil dry, having a fan blowing on the soil will dry it out quicker but this could damage the plant at this stage, make sure the drain holes are not blocked,

if you have only been adding water to the top and not had any run off then this might mean your just adding more moisture to the soil so leave it a few days, the plant will usually pick up after about 3 days of been over watered,

but it might not be a water problem, it might be the strain, im growing the exact same and getting worse problems with you, mine is not a nute issue or soil issue or water issue, its just a dodgy strain that is not stable, so it might just be a dodgy strain, if your other plant is doing ok then you should have some idea on how much to water, so this in itself points to the strain having problems, so it might not be your fault at all,

if you watered yesterday or today then i can say you can let it go at least 3 days before watering again, so give it a couple of days, if it is over watered then it will slowly pick up in a couple of days, if it dont then this means the problem is with the plant and not something to do with water or nutes.

when i mix up bpn i dont need a whole gallon, so what i do is fill up a 2ltr pop bottle with water thats been standing for 24 hours, doing this removes chlorine in the water, so leave it to stand in a jug for 24 hours, so i fill a 2ltr pop bottle up with water, and i know that 2ltr is roughly half a gallon, so then i just add half the stated bpn dose,

so give it a couple of days, if it gets worse then its the strain, but if it is water then it will start to pick up in a day or 2, dont add any more water at this stage, dont flush because unless you got the dose wrong we know you have not given it to much nutes, so we can rule out nutes,temp,light to close and a fan, so all this leaves is water problem or strain problem, and as im having problems with the same strain then this could be the same problem your having

Do you use FFOF donpaul?
I can say for a fact that 3 gallons of FFOF can support a plant up to 5 weeks. I've had plants start flowering in pots that were never fed. Then again I don't know much about BPN sooo :grinjoint:
Let one of the girls stay without nutes and see how it compares. Should be an interesting experiment.

thats exactly what i said mate, to me it looks like the young plant is in a big pot, this means its not using the water in the pot quick enough, so the roots are not getting any oxygen due to the soil been to wet, its either over watering or a strain problem, i got the exact same strain and i got huge problems, its the only plant i have had issues with, its been badly deformed since sprouting, the leaves have got chunks missing out of them and have a yellow patches, hopefully it sorts itself out.

as for the ffof, no i dont use that mate, not even in the same country so cant get hold of none, i use cheap compost, i know i shouldnt but till i start my next round of soil plants it will have to do, i agree, some soils can keep plants going for ages, it all depends on pot size, of i start a seedling in a small pot and dont transplant it then it goes light green after about 10 days, but in a bigger pot it takes a lot longer as the roots have got room to grow to new soil, so if i planted my plants direct into 3 gallon pots then i could probably go 4 or 5 weeks without any nutes, but i like to give them the bpn as a boost, it seems to work ok, ive not tried a side by side grow and compared a bpn fed plant and a plant fed with nothing, i might try it though as it will give me an idea of when to start giving nutes

Your feedback is always great man. And to add to your strain concerns, you're absolutely right. I have a blue mystic bean sitting in the cabinet, decided to leave her (and a few others for a future grow) after I saw a lot of not-too-good reviews. A lot of people had trouble with what seemed to be a bad batch from nirvana, specifically with the blue mystic seeds.

so it seems a few people are having problems with this strain, i thought it would get better and sort itself out, but when a new set of leaves grow they seem more deformed than the previous set, but mines growing in a 2ltr hempie grow so its not in the way, so ill grow it out and see what happens, chances are it will die, but it might sort itself out,

only time will tell

thanks for the info, ill see what i can sort out, mine dont seem to be getting any better, each new set of leaves seems more deformed than the last, i thought it would sort itself out but clearly the plant is screwed, its not in the way so ill grow it out, lets just hope it gives some damn nice bud, but the chances of that are looking very slim at this stage

Well so far the bottom leaves have gotten yellow but it hasn't really progressed any further meaning it's just at the tips and the other leaves that were already yellow haven't really did anything either.. There is new growth going on and the new growth looks healthy so we will se what happens with her. Will feed her water for the next couple of weeks.. And she does still seem to be growing taller so she hasn't stopped growing.. Thinking of dropping a new seed this week but I don't see where I have the room (pineapple express auto)

Back
Top Bottom