Jfault20 First Plunge Into The Unknown 2 Auto Strains

Jfault20

:welcome: fellow growers.. Well people I've read and read and read (and will still be reading more) but now it's time to plunge in... I've been reading other peoples journals (iSmoke, Don P, and spring2012 to name a few) from page one and alot of you I've subscribed to to watch and learn as your bounties yield wonderful fruit.. A little about me. Haven't been a long time smoker actually started probably 2 years ago.. My first hit was from strain called Hawaiian. Great Bud effects when you close your eyes it makes you feel like your on an island or a beach somewhere relaxing. After reading up on the bud I was intrigued that there were so many different kinds strains. Plus the after effects of were what really made me decide that this would be my choice in things that works for me. I used to like to drink but the after effects of being hung over, heavily dehydrated, head spinning, not being able to move turned me off from it. So bud became my medicine of choice. So follow me as I take the plunge.. Always open for suggestions and help:thumb:
Time for the nitty gritty

What strains is it? Auto bubbilicious & Auto Blue mystic
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?Indica Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Neither they're still seeds and just popped the other day Did the paper towel method.. So glad it worked.. 2nd day in think I'll be planting tomorrow
If in Veg... For how long? NA
If in Flower stage... For how long? NA
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FFO potting soil
If soil... What size pot? 3 gal for each lady
Size of light? 400 HPS while not ideal to keep temps down it came with the tent kit..
Is it aircooled? at the moment and a 6" inline duct fan
Temp of Room/cab? NA
RH of Room/cab? NA
PH of media or res? NA
Any Pests ? Hopefully never
How often are you watering? Not Yet
Type and strength of ferts used? Blue Planet Nutrients

Well my tent made it in still waiting on some more seeds (I think pineapple express auto and maybe something else I ordered not positive of the strains as it's been awhile) Setup the tent last night and made sure everything was in working order the tent is an HTG 400w Small Grow Tent Kit. While it says small it's actually about 22"x36"x63" damn near 6ft.. So far the tent looks good but I know in the future I will need more exhaust and all that came with it was 6" inline duct fan type so I have that pulling out heat plus the it has a bunch of flaps that can be opened.. I plan on buying one of the carbon filters type setup but for this grow I'm not positive yet that it will happen this time around.. My only real complaint about the tent is the lack of directions for the other parts like the inline duct fan.. I was lost for hours trying to figure out how to put this on and or where.. But after I emailed them they got back to me that morning. So customer service is good. I also plan on buying an MH bulb to either add or change out during flowering.. Lighting sched will be 20/4 whenever I figure out how to work the timer.
:thanks:

Update 1
Seeds from Nirvana
DSCF000145.JPG

Roots ahhh I was so proud when they popped
DSCF000339.JPG

Grow Room
DSCF000633.JPG

Ladies new home for the next 60

Looks like you're all set man. I know exactly what you mean about the alcohol. Bud made me realize how harsh alcohol is!
Nice setup Jfault. I can't wait to see these babies grow. :grinjoint:
One comment I'd like to make is about the lights. Don't get an MH. I don't think that's necessary with autos. They'll take a mixed spectrum throughout their life. I say just do the HPS, and add a few CFL's at 6500K. Also, start the seeds with the CFL's really close instead of the hps. This tends to keep'em bushy at first.
Best of luck buddy :)

Hey Jfault20

Looking good,congrats on the sprouts. iSmokes is right about the lights,use the 6500k cfls for a while just while they are young and tender and then switch on the hps.
Your setup is pretty sweet man best of look with it.
Im subbed.:goodluck:

Looks like you're all set man. I know exactly what you mean about the alcohol. Bud made me realize how harsh alcohol is!
Nice setup Jfault. I can't wait to see these babies grow. :grinjoint:
One comment I'd like to make is about the lights. Don't get an MH. I don't think that's necessary with autos. They'll take a mixed spectrum throughout their life. I say just do the HPS, and add a few CFL's at 6500K. Also, start the seeds with the CFL's really close instead of the hps. This tends to keep'em bushy at first.
Best of luck buddy :)
Question about the cfls I've seen your setup and other people and wondered how do you get the strips of sort and what are the parts called to get?

Hey Jfault20

Looking good,congrats on the sprouts. iSmokes is right about the lights,use the 6500k cfls for a while just while they are young and tender and then switch on the hps.
Your setup is pretty sweet man best of look with it.
Im subbed.:goodluck:
Thanks BB & welcome

I also have a couple of more questions... How wet should the soil be. What should oh of the water be within.. and how long will it take for the seeds to sprout

At the start just keep seedling moist and after that just water when the soil is dry.
The ph of the water should be between 6.5/7
It could take anything up to 5 days for the seeds to sprout.
Hope this helps.:Namaste:

Yep keep the soil moist. I just water when I notice the top gets dry.
About the CFL's: I just did it myself. I bought some sockets, bulbs, and wires. I have a suggestion for your setup tho. Buy 2 extension cords that have 2 plugs on the end. This will serve to light up 2 bulbs that you'll just hang over the plants. Get bulb sockets that directly plug in. You'll have an extension cord with 2 sockets on the end (opposite to each other, do you see what I'm saying?). You can just let a couple of extension cords dangle from the top with CFL's on their end. Keep the cfl's really close as long as you have temps under control.
Another thing you can do with the CFL's: Get a power strip, mount it wherever you want, and get sockets that directly plug in. I've seen these 2 methods in some journals on here, they work great! Make sure your CFL's are in the 6500K color temp.

So just keep the soil moist :thanks:

Yep my man just keep it moist at the start.You could also cut the top off a plastic bottle just the top and use the rest of the bottle to put over where you planted the seeds.It will act as a humidity dome.
:thumb:

Yep keep the soil moist. I just water when I notice the top gets dry.
About the CFL's: I just did it myself. I bought some sockets, bulbs, and wires. I have a suggestion for your setup tho. Buy 2 extension cords that have 2 plugs on the end. This will serve to light up 2 bulbs that you'll just hang over the plants. Get bulb sockets that directly plug in. You'll have an extension cord with 2 sockets on the end (opposite to each other, do you see what I'm saying?). You can just let a couple of extension cords dangle from the top with CFL's on their end. Keep the cfl's really close as long as you have temps under control.
Another thing you can do with the CFL's: Get a power strip, mount it wherever you want, and get sockets that directly plug in. I've seen these 2 methods in some journals on here, they work great! Make sure your CFL's are in the 6500K color temp.
What's supposed to be the average temp for growing ?

You could use any kind of fans man,use pc fans if thats all you can get.one for sucking fresh air in to the grow room and one to suck the stale air out,this will help with temp issues as the air is moving all the time and the hot air will be sucked out.Just add bigger fans accordingly until you have reached you target temp.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom