Jfault20 First Plunge Into The Unknown 2 Auto Strains

Update 2 Starting to see some green
DSCF001121.JPG

The temps in the room are still hella high still researching ac units right now hopefully the seedling will last until I find something strong enough to Cool the tent

If the temps around your tent (where the tent is sucking air from) is high, then even using cfl's the whole way won't help much. Is there hopes of the temperature dropping as we get into October?
Not quick enough the time frame that its going to take to get that to happen won't be until the end of the month and that's a big maybe sometimes it doesn't cool down until Nov

Also thinking about changing light schedule to 18/6 atleast until I get something to get the temps down.. Oddly enough they're still breaking soil and growing daily even though the it's hot.. The other thing is that it doesn't feel that hot in the room with my hand next to the bulb. I feel heat but not 90F worth

Also thinking about changing light schedule to 18/6 atleast until I get something to get the temps down.. Oddly enough they're still breaking soil and growing daily even though the it's hot.. The other thing is that it doesn't feel that hot in the room with my hand next to the bulb. I feel heat but not 90F worth

Your seedlings will dig a bit higher heat and humidity at first. I'd get a fan blowing upwards, right at the bulb, to dissipate some heat for now and look into keeping the tent as open as possible. You shouldn't have to worry about smell for a few weeks. An active intake from a fan will cool it a bit. Make sure your extracting fan can exchange the air every 5 mins or so too. Stale air is no good. :)

Your seedlings will dig a bit higher heat and humidity at first. I'd get a fan blowing upwards, right at the bulb, to dissipate some heat for now and look into keeping the tent as open as possible. You shouldn't have to worry about smell for a few weeks. An active intake from a fan will cool it a bit. Make sure your extracting fan can exchange the air every 5 mins or so too. Stale air is no good. :)
Thanks for chiming in. The humidity isn't really that high it's more of a dry heat.. I have a fan blowing directly at the light at the moment and while I'm home I plan on leaving it open for as long as possible.. I have the extracting fan on 24hrs

Awesome news It's maintaining at 76F with the tent closed but the door to the actual closet has to be open.. Not a horrible thing at all

Perfect! Now you're on! :)

Perfect Jfault!!! Remember to set your thermometer in a SHADED area.. You don't want radiant heat affecting your reading, you want to read the ambient temperature of the air inside. Placing it in the light will significantly increase your readings. Great news about tuning it down with the closet door, keep it up, I'm sure you'll figure out ways as you go with your grow. I change some things almost every day lol.

Perfect Jfault!!! Remember to set your thermometer in a SHADED area.. You don't want radiant heat affecting your reading, you want to read the ambient temperature of the air inside. Placing it in the light will significantly increase your readings. Great news about tuning it down with the closet door, keep it up, I'm sure you'll figure out ways as you go with your grow. I change some things almost every day lol.
Lmao I'm in there damn near every 30 minutes need to start relaxing and let the plants work.. But truthfully I think that was my problem I have one of the thermometer that has a hook up to go inside the tent while the reading could be outside. Noobie issues live and you learn

Lmao I'm in there damn near every 30 minutes need to start relaxing and let the plants work.. But truthfully I think that was my problem I have one of the thermometer that has a hook up to go inside the tent while the reading could be outside. Noobie issues live and you learn

:)

I've changed so many thing in my cab during this grow, it's almost comical. I think I'm finally starting to relax and let them be more. When I was having problems I would be all up in there every chance I could! ;)
It's like being an overprotective parent really. Once you realize the kid can do certain things for itself and you're actually impeding things, you cautiously back off a bit. Still keep an eye on 'em! But you back off. ........ a bit. :)

:)

I've changed so many thing in my cab during this grow, it's almost comical. I think I'm finally starting to relax and let them be more. When I was having problems I would be all up in there every chance I could! ;)
It's like being an overprotective parent really. Once you realize the kid can do certain things for itself and you're actually impeding things, you cautiously back off a bit. Still keep an eye on 'em! But you back off. ........ a bit. :)
Today is my first day of leaving them alone for the whole day well atleast until I get off of work wish me luck as I fight the urge to go home to check and see what they are doing.. Oh yeah I see the first set of true MJ leaves starting to form.. Very excited :yahoo:

I'm in Central Florida and last month harvested a crop of Nirvana's Auto Blue Mystic ... excellent smoke and a very hardy plant ... I just planted four more at a friend's house in NY because they were pretty much fool prooof to grow and the smoke is great ... they prefer no nutes for the first two weeks ... hope you used plenty of perlite cause the lighter the soil the happier the plant ... my latest were planted straight into 3 gal pots w/ organic potting soil mixed 1 to 1 w/ perlite ... I harvested in two phases @ 70 days and 81 days ... about two more weeks of flowering would not have hurt but I needed time for a slow cure before I left town ... I only got 1/2 oz average per plant but my next grow should be around an oz and I may even get close to that w/ my friends plants ... hard to say w/ an unfamiliar LED ... I used BPN Farmers Pride in very weak doses ... with your soil you'll probably only need to use flower nutes and not until the 3rd or 4th week ...
:thumb:

I'm in Central Florida and last month harvested a crop of Nirvana's Auto Blue Mystic ... excellent smoke and a very hardy plant ... I just planted four more at a friend's house in NY because they were pretty much fool prooof to grow and the smoke is great ... they prefer no nutes for the first two weeks ... hope you used plenty of perlite cause the lighter the soil the happier the plant ... my latest were planted straight into 3 gal pots w/ organic potting soil mixed 1 to 1 w/ perlite ... I harvested in two phases @ 70 days and 81 days ... about two more weeks of flowering would not have hurt but I needed time for a slow cure before I left town ... I only got 1/2 oz average per plant but my next grow should be around an oz and I may even get close to that w/ my friends plants ... hard to say w/ an unfamiliar LED ... I used BPN Farmers Pride in very weak doses ... with your soil you'll probably only need to use flower nutes and not until the 3rd or 4th week ...
:thumb:
:welcome: & Thanks for chiming in ChesterC.. I didn't use any real perlite but I think it comes with it.. Also I wanted to make this as simple as possible before I start to make changes (which would probably happen in my next grow) I've read a bunch of different info on when to add Nutes and a couple of people on here have used BPN really early so I think I'm just going to wait until either the 2nd set of mj leaves or later but still I'll research some more b4 I actively make a decision.. Question for you though how do you count or asses the weeks you've been growing?? Does it go by the time it sprouted out of the soil or the time you planted in the soil? And also when do you actually start to fully the water the plant. I know the seedlings just need the tops of the soil watered but when after that is the time to actually water the soil as a whole.

Day 1 is usually the day I see green above the soil.
I just fully saturate my pots and let them drain every time I water. I could be doing it wrong, but the plants seem fine. I usually have to water once during the first week, then 2 times during week 2, then 3 times during week 3 and so on. I didn't plan it like this, I just noticed that's how it went with me. When diva started flowering the soil started drying exactly every other day. PS: I'm using 2-Gal fabric pots.

Day 1 is usually the day I see green above the soil.
I just fully saturate my pots and let them drain every time I water. I could be doing it wrong, but the plants seem fine. I usually have to water once during the first week, then 2 times during week 2, then 3 times during week 3 and so on. I didn't plan it like this, I just noticed that's how it went with me. When diva started flowering the soil started drying exactly every other day. PS: I'm using 2-Gal fabric pots.
Ohhh so when they sprout you can fully water them now or for now is it plausible to keep watering the tops until I see a second set of leaves to do it. Thanks to you I just realized that this is still the first week then and they've sprouted and started on their true leaves so patience is the key. (I tried to upload pics for an update but the site was down) I'm thinking about starting another plant in an air pot but not sure of the workload I'll be placing on myself lol..

Don't always take my word for truth lol. I'm still very inexperienced, just sharing what I do. I know how exciting this must feel (starting another plant). I say hold off for a little bit. Since they're all autoflowering, they'll take the same spectrum and photoperiod. Give it a couple of weeks and then drop another seed. Then another 3 weeks, another seed :). Next thing you know you'll be harvesting a plant every 3 weeks.

Don't always take my word for truth lol. I'm still very inexperienced, just sharing what I do. I know how exciting this must feel (starting another plant). I say hold off for a little bit. Since they're all autoflowering, they'll take the same spectrum and photoperiod. Give it a couple of weeks and then drop another seed. Then another 3 weeks, another seed :). Next thing you know you'll be harvesting a plant every 3 weeks.
lol I'm just using what I can to see what works or doesn't (plus common sense with sufficient data to back it up).. I think it's too early for me to tell whats working and what's not so I'll see what happens next week and go from there. Harvesting a plant every 3 weeks sounds beautiful

Ohhh so when they sprout you can fully water them now or for now is it plausible to keep watering the tops until I see a second set of leaves to do it. Thanks to you I just realized that this is still the first week then and they've sprouted and started on their true leaves so patience is the key. (I tried to upload pics for an update but the site was down) I'm thinking about starting another plant in an air pot but not sure of the workload I'll be placing on myself lol..

I'd be cautious w/ watering still. They're still considered seedlings for the first 2weeks after they sprout (not sure about autos though). I'd
still just mist until the 2nd or 3rd pair of true leaves. You don't want the roots sitting in a pool and damping off. Certain death. :)

ISmokes is being modest. :) His plants look amazing. But you have to use your own judgement. Your environment could be just different enough than his to have different needs. Caution and patience are a great asset in this hobby. :)

I'd be cautious w/ watering still. They're still considered seedlings for the first 2weeks after they sprout (not sure about autos though). I'd
still just mist until the 2nd or 3rd pair of true leaves. You don't want the roots sitting in a pool and damping off. Certain death. :)

ISmokes is being modest. :) His plants look amazing. But you have to use your own judgement. Your environment could be just different enough than his to have different needs. Caution and patience are a great asset in this hobby. :)
I know he is I've subscribed to his grows and read the whole journal.. My biggest concern is killing them while they're still young. So I'm being very cautious on watering them and deciding on nutes or not..

Back
Top Bottom