Jfault20 First Plunge Into The Unknown 2 Auto Strains

nice plant mate, well done,

basically i wanted to try the difference between hang dry and box dried, now the box dried buds dry about 5 to 7 days quicker than hanging, but the buds i put in the box are trimmed off their stem, so they will dry out quicker like that, plus i turn the buds every day to make sure they dont rest on the one side and rot, not sure if they would but i dont take the risk, i leave the lid slightly open so the moisture can get out.

they dry well in the shoe box, i check them once or twice a day and turn them or shake them if they need shaking,

now i have been thinking about how to speed up the buds that hang dry, im wondering if we used a sharp knife and cut a slit down the length of the stem, this should in theory dry the buds out quicker, ill be giving this a try next time i harvest my plant,

the box dry or paper bag dry method is quicker than hang dry buds, but i think this is more to do with the buds not having much stem to hold the moisture in,

plus their really is no difference in the quality or look of the buds, plus when you cure them they can go in the same jars so it really makes no difference, it just allows you to sample the buds a whole lot quicker

Hey J, I though I should share my drying with you. I hang most of them in a closet, except for the smaller buds, they go on a drying "net" or any kind of screen you have should be fine. I have a cheap carbon filter in that closet, not the air scrubber type, I'm talking about the thin sheet of carbon fibers you replace every month kind of filter ($25 on amazon). I found that it eliminates the odor very efficiently running on the low setting constantly + it provides minor air flow in the closet. Not too much air like a fan that would dry your bud too quick, but just the right breeze to keep a very low but steady air circulation. Humidity in my apartment is usually 40% so I don't have to worry about that (you should look into yours to see if you need adjustments). And finally the curing, I found that humidipaks 62% (especially made for curing and story MJ) are great. They maintain RH in your jars at 62%, I don't even burp my jars and there's no hay smell at all, it just smells like good bud in there :).
Cheers :passitleft:
I'm really looking into the humidipaks and thinking I might just go with a box to dry the buds.. Just want something extra simple for the first time around

nice plant mate, well done,

basically i wanted to try the difference between hang dry and box dried, now the box dried buds dry about 5 to 7 days quicker than hanging, but the buds i put in the box are trimmed off their stem, so they will dry out quicker like that, plus i turn the buds every day to make sure they dont rest on the one side and rot, not sure if they would but i dont take the risk, i leave the lid slightly open so the moisture can get out.

they dry well in the shoe box, i check them once or twice a day and turn them or shake them if they need shaking,

now i have been thinking about how to speed up the buds that hang dry, im wondering if we used a sharp knife and cut a slit down the length of the stem, this should in theory dry the buds out quicker, ill be giving this a try next time i harvest my plant,

the box dry or paper bag dry method is quicker than hang dry buds, but i think this is more to do with the buds not having much stem to hold the moisture in,

plus their really is no difference in the quality or look of the buds, plus when you cure them they can go in the same jars so it really makes no difference, it just allows you to sample the buds a whole lot quicker
Thanks DP.. Sounds cheap,simple, and interesting (just the way I LIKE IT!!!) Why would they need to be shaken and whats the appropriate time or feel of the nugs would they need to go into the jar for curing.. Also why would the need to be shaken

Well fellas she's been cut down and drying had alot of popcorn buds but the main cola looks incredible.. Was sooo proud and I don't know if it was from smelling her or what but I got really light headed after a while had to lay down for a mini nap.. Will post pics and weight after I get a scale.. Before I put her in the jars...

:welcome: & Thanks for chiming in ChesterC.. I didn't use any real perlite but I think it comes with it.. Also I wanted to make this as simple as possible before I start to make changes (which would probably happen in my next grow) I've read a bunch of different info on when to add Nutes and a couple of people on here have used BPN really early so I think I'm just going to wait until either the 2nd set of mj leaves or later but still I'll research some more b4 I actively make a decision.. Question for you though how do you count or asses the weeks you've been growing?? Does it go by the time it sprouted out of the soil or the time you planted in the soil? And also when do you actually start to fully the water the plant. I know the seedlings just need the tops of the soil watered but when after that is the time to actually water the soil as a whole.

If you want to know pretty much how long it took to do what you're doin, well for me anyway ( accuracy ), I count the day I put the seed in to begin, at least for my knowlege and records. I hear people say this and that, but the method I'm using calls day one a plant 8-12 inches tall, Im putting my next bunch in flower at 12". If you dry your buds on any flat surface they will have flat spots, unless you keep them turning somehow. I think bro is not meaning to shake the box the buds are in, you want to basically roll the box. If you shake weed or handle it roughly at any point you'll be knocking off trichromes which is the very reason we grow! Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom