My First Grow: 4x4, Organic, Water Only, 600W LED, Gorilla & Tangie Autos

vapegeek420

Hi Folks,

Thanks for reading! This is my first grow, and it's been a long time coming!

I've overwhelmed myself with information for the last 2 months and this is what I think is going to give me the best chance of success for my first run.

Lights — Timber Grow Lights 2x 300 Watt Cree CXB3590 Linear Framework

Beans - Gorilla and Tangie Autos from Fasts buds via GYO

Dirt — Kind Soil using CocoLoco

Water — Blue boogie water filter earth juice ph adjustment.

Tent — wish I bought a better tent.

Odor - Trying out a "Nodor" Puck. — I got the 6" puck and squished it into a "4 vent pipe with a standard "4 inline duct fan

Fan —Lil holmes 8" oscillating desk fan. This should do for now

3 gallon 24/7 Garden Fabric pots

I am just waiting for the water filter and fan now. Also still deciding how many seeds I want to pop at once, and if growing an indica, and a sativa in the same tent is such a good idea? I have a couple days before my water filter gets here so I can pre-soak and warm my soil as I plan to germ in soil after a 12 hour water soak.

All suggestions regarding the number of plants I should squish in this 4x4 and the problems Ill face with multiple strains in it are welcome. I'm going to need all the help I can get

Any training suggestions for first time autos would also be appreciated. I got a scrog net because I figured topping or LST might be too much for my first grow

All help is appreciated!

Thanks!

re: My First Grow - 4x4 - Organic - Water Only - 600W LED - Gorilla & Tangie Autos

Ill tag along for your first grow. Topping and lst isnt that complicated and will improve yield. I normally run 4 photos in my 4' x 4'. My next grow coming up will be 5 plants.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

Ill tag along for your first grow. Topping and lst isnt that complicated and will improve yield. I normally run 4 photos in my 4' x 4'. My next grow coming up will be 5 plants.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine
Thanks, I started 2 of each and will try topping at least one if i get there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1882569243.jpg

Soaked seeds in water for 12 hrs. Presoaked, then warmed soil while seeds were soaking, and tranferred to soil for 6 more hours of darkness, now im leaving the lights until they sprout.

Temp is avg 80-90

humidity is avg 35-40%

Now I wait...

420-magazine-mobile1271965915.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1587627150.jpg

2 popped, 1 of each.

Tangie still has the shell attached and is catching a bad sunburn on the underside of her leaf.

I tried removing it super gently and the root was definitly moving so i stopped to get some advise

Any suggestions?

Thanks

420-magazine-mobile1271965915.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1587627150.jpg

2 popped, 1 of each.

Tangie still has the shell attached and is catching a bad sunburn on the underside of her leaf.

I tried removing it super gently and the root was definitly moving so i stopped to get some advise

Any suggestions?

Thanks

It's a delicate job, as you can very easily break the fresh seedling or leaf.
But you can gently try to pop the shell off with two toothpick or the like. There will most likely be a membrane on the seed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: My First Grow - 4x4 - Organic - Water Only - 600W LED - Gorilla & Tangie Autos

Lift the lights up if you're seeing any burning at this point.
What kind of bulbs are you running in that fixture?
Theyre 75w cree cxb3590. I have them at about 2.5' feet up without reflectors right now.. theyres no burn on the other guy. Now that i got the shell off, there is no sign of burn after 8 more hours under the light. It could have been the membrane that MyDogSpot mentioned or i was thinking maybe because the light was hitting the wrong side of the baby leaf.

Re: My First Grow - 4x4 - Organic - Water Only - 600W LED - Gorilla & Tangie Autos

It's a delicate job, as you can very easily break the fresh seedling or leaf.
But you can gently try to pop the shell off with two toothpick or the like. There will most likely be a membrane on the seed as well.

Thanks, I was able to pop the seed off by using a toothpick while gently holding the stem. She was all bunched up last night but has spread out this morning, I think shes OK!
420-magazine-mobile1105062420.jpg

Day 7, my 2 survivors look healthy. Ill wait a few more days before i give up on the other 2

Ive been having a bit of a heat problem since having to turn the heat up in the house again.. im going to try adding my other duct fan to my exhaust. If that doesnt work ill have to get an active intake system going as well.

420-magazine-mobile1580791269.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1187701863.jpg

Once those plants hit that soil you'll see what I mean... just don't over water...if your not sure wait an extra day or so see how they look...pennywise always has good advice too...if you can train yourself watering..and only use earth juice to ph you will be golden. Your smart growing organic I think budd just tastes and smells way better this way imo Growth won't be as fast as nutes but I promise for a water only grow you will be amazed

Once those plants hit that soil you'll see what I mean... just don't over water...if your not sure wait an extra day or so see how they look...pennywise always has good advice too...if you can train yourself watering..and only use earth juice to ph you will be golden. Your smart growing organic I think budd just tastes and smells way better this way imo Growth won't be as fast as nutes but I promise for a water only grow you will be amazed

Yeah, Im trying to hold off as long as i can with each watering especially since i think i may have over watered a bit when i put the dirt in the pots

Day 13

420-magazine-mobile251014818.jpg

Tangie is growing a little faster, and just today started lifting her leaf tips up slighlty. I gave her a little extra water.

420-magazine-mobile1377315333.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1411485198.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1368869390.jpg

Gorrilla is staying short but looking healthy
420-magazine-mobile483832911.jpg

420-magazine-mobile70310719.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1471667144.jpg

Day 18

I.added the reflectors to the lights last night

420-magazine-mobile74810933.jpg

Bunch of under growth forming.

The tangie is getting a little taller and leaning towards the center of the 2 lights . The same 2 leaves with curled edges still look weird but all the other new growth looks good.
420-magazine-mobile1817495020.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1675783373.jpg

Gorilla is staying super short.
It has 1 mis-shaped fan leaf and a bunch of stunted looking under growth.
This plants leaves are basically laying on the ground. I exposed a bit more stem from the soil and it looks stalkish so i think i might have planted the seed to deep?
420-magazine-mobile1757986455.jpg

420-magazine-mobile546775310.jpg

Back
Top Bottom