Gtx's First Grow: Indoor Soil 4x4 With BD, GSC & WW

Look at them buds. You really want us to believe 1st grow.... Pffft
Oh yeah, first grow. Dumb luck helped, along with this websight. I started out with high end lights, so that has to be a big factor. I also stayed away from the chemical nutrients, seeing others burning plants up in other journals.
And thanks for the info. Intheshed, justmeds and smoke; you all mentioned reading the calyxes. My magnifier won't be in til later today, but I was looking mainly at the top most sugar leaves by zooming in with my phone.
As far as the buzz, I chose these strains leaning towards the sativa side, so less couch lock. The GDP clone that was a gift can be my night time sleepy buzz.

6ED1D079-2E94-4D39-96E2-5EECC5CD5A49.jpeg
Thanks, that was the chart I was searching for.

For some reason, I had it in the back of my mind, in most of these journals, people running 60 days plus in flower. I kept thinking I had a bunch of time left.
This is what I was seeing when using the iPad, almost no visible Amber on the calyx, but visable to the naked eye on the sugar leaves.
LOL...last week!
Was this directed more at the GDP? That sucker had colored trichomes from the start.
image.jpeg

Thanks shed. Now to get a crash coarse on how to properly harvest. Wet trimmed, or dry, hanging the whole plant or just stalks....humidity, temp, so much more to learn! I though I saw people in journals drying in their tents with other plants still in flower, so that means they were drying with lights on?

Most folks drying in the tent are doing it because they need a smell-proof location. If that's not an issue, dark is best.

Wet or dry seems to be a personal preference, but if you have low RH where you'll be drying, then whole plant hanging will slow the process down the most. If you don't need to really slow it down, leaving the leaves on and dry trimming will slow the process down a bit less.

Beyond the speed of the drying process, it's personal preference. I prefer to wet trim as I find it difficult to cut the leaves off once they've curled around the buds. But that's just me!

Seeing that you mentioned the trich covered trim, have you made anything out of it? Tincture?
I didn’t get any good trim like you have my top leaves all browned off however the few sugar leaves i had i saved. A friend of mines been playing with butane extraction that will be where my trim goes unless i get a press and can dab it.
Mine got to dry I pretty much trimmed it and hung it but had way to much air flow in the box. It was dry in 2 days i left it 4. Goodluck im sure youll do great!!

Ok, I took the 2 blue dreams and the white widow down, defoliated them partially, and hung them up whole to dry. I wanted to wet trim, but i was a little worried about drying conditions, so I'll dry trim later.
Here is the weird part, remember the GPD pic from Thursday? Yesterday and today, I couldn't find but a few Amber trichomes. Lots of purple and cloudy, and clear. I checked them all. Some on the sugar leaves, but not the calyxes. Same goes for the GSC, so I left those in the flower tent as well.
I will say, after a mild trim before hanging, I thought to myself, "wow, they looked so much bigger standing up"!
I've learned my lesson, I will veg longer. Still having fun, so I guess that's what counts.

Back
Top Bottom