Gtx's First Grow: Indoor Soil 4x4 With BD, GSC & WW

1969gtx

Hello everyone. As the title says, first grow for me. I already realize a few of my newbie mistakes. Please, feel free to point out my mistakes. I realize one mistake was using the fox farms soil straight , but haven't noticed any nute burn yet. I feel like I under watered, as I noticed drooping leaves. As soon as Michigan's legality hit officially, Dec 6th, I had my true north fem seeds in wet paper towels.
2 blue dream
2 Girl Scout cookies
1 white widow.
I plan on adding a few clones from an friend of a friend.
Here is the set-up:
4x4 gorilla tent with extention
California light works 550 with controler
Temps are between 72-78
RH is 49-55 by using a digital humidifier in the tent.
Tower fan in the corner, but not oscillating yet till they grow a little more, just using it for circulation.
Water ph set to 5.9-6.0
Soil is Fox farms ocean, straight( will mix with pro mix on first transplant
Adding pics from my phone

IMG_20181210_153116886.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181217_171507843.jpg
    IMG_20181217_171507843.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 200
Welcome aboard

pH is a bit low, want it around 6.2-6.6 it so

I used FFOF pretty much outa the bag, no real issues till I started adding nutes, just took time to learn that part

What nutes ya gunna use down the road

I don't see an option to edit my post to add info, so I'll do it here.
I'm running the light at these percentages:
Red 50, white 65, blue 99.
Light is 26 inches away.

Not sure what's going on here, but look at the blue dream leaves. They seem to be curling, like a propeller....more of a twist. This didn't get any better after I watered last night. A few of them seem like they have weak stems, wanting to fall over if moved.
Is it possible that I under watered, causing the root ball to be higher in the cup? Purplish stem an indicator for anything?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Truly amazing plants. Only a few days, and excellent growth. I was still having issues with curled/rolled leaves. I was also starting to see white at the edges, but since it rubbed off, I assumed it was water marks from misting. I stopped the misting, still had white on the edges.
Well, after reading some of Jorge's guide, I noticed a diagnosis close to mine, talking about salt buildup. I see zero indication of nute burn, so I that led me to PH.
Sure enough, my new PH gauge was grossly off, about 1.3 . I'm sure I was having some serious lock-out. Another lesson learned.

Found you Your signature worked ! Was watching an Nubie overlooked help then took a dive ,and ended on your thread sorry again!
Your on top see how that help shows up?
At the top and the bottom of the page it says journals in progress you can go there and find the big blue W .
I’m gonna watch your soil with you great start stay on them why did the letters slant , later

What is your water source? I'm just a noob pulling up a chair to soak info and learn from others mistakes. I make plenty of my own as well.
Check mine out and you’ll see plenty !

Back
Top Bottom