First Indoor Grow, WW & NL Autos

There are definitely pros and cons to autos and I was aware of them going in. In my case, (a small "stealth" indoor grow in a small spare bedroom), the benefits outweighed the negatives. My seeds came from Crop King and CK's yield predictions are highly "ambitious". The numbers CK claims are under perfect, I mean scientific-perfect growth. Sorta wish more seed banks would publish average yield from an average to good grow.

I smoked both the CK NL and WW strains from a friends grow. I liked both (especially the WW), to the point I decided to duplicate his grow aside from the grow medium.

It might be more productive to restrain commentary to what I AM growing, auto-flowers, and not discuss the merits of auto-flowering versus photo-period plant, okay? That's another topic entirely.

Hey Tsquared, sup to all... Hey just a quick comment if you would, In my experience with autos my frustrations lie with the lack of quality and quantity... Compared to Photos that is.. I would suggest autos to anyone who has a perpetual grow as it is an easy plant to grow and fill in between harvests... It will just grow out in 16 and 8, bud and all as I am sure you know.. This makes them a valued asset for those like myself who has too many friends that keep me from stockpiling a lot of bud.. Except from my summer crop.. LOL..
..... That being said, there are those on here that only grow autos, I wouldn't like that myself as you cant clone it... Seed Seed Seed.... Too much cash for me... Doing great T, and It was my hope not to " hijack" your thread... Green days to all

I just finished up my auto. I actually like how it finished in 62 days from seed. And man is it frosty. I think most of the negativity about autos are because they are not the normal but breeders are putting out fire strains. There are autos that definitely beat photos in quality and THC % but just not quantity.

Good luck hunting. Looking forward to seeing nugs soon:ganjamon:

Hey Tsquared, sup to all... Hey just a quick comment if you would, In my experience with autos my frustrations lie with the lack of quality and quantity... Compared to Photos that is.. I would suggest autos to anyone who has a perpetual grow as it is an easy plant to grow and fill in between harvests... It will just grow out in 16 and 8, bud and all as I am sure you know.. This makes them a valued asset for those like myself who has too many friends that keep me from stockpiling a lot of bud.. Except from my summer crop.. LOL..
..... That being said, there are those on here that only grow autos, I wouldn't like that myself as you cant clone it... Seed Seed Seed.... Too much cash for me... Doing great T, and It was my hope not to " hijack" your thread... Green days to all

Madd... you didn't "hijack" my thread.

That said, I just want to "restrain" this thread to the basics.

1. I'm growing auto-flowering Northern Lights and White Widow plants.
2. I've never done an indoor grow.
3. I'm here to learn from people with more knowledge than I have.

I'm not interested in any observations, positions or opinions about auto-flowering versus photo-period plants because that's not what this post / journal is about.

That should be clear, right?

Always good for New Members to explain exactly what you looking for I guess... Cuts down on alot of people who would visit that way... Hmmmm Well since I am not Knowledgeable in Exactly what you doing, I will look in from time to time to see how well or not you're doing... LOL Green days, and good luck... FYI you should let people know what enough knowledge is, you know that way if they are not as smart as you, you can just ignore them... Though I dont know that would even work you are such a personable existence on the planet... So Clear....

Ten- its cool. everyone is new at first, including the current state of myself. lol

small tents are fun, and like you I fight 100 outside and no humidity, then a change to fog.. It's all in the fun.

Enjoy....also, check out big bears grow...he is in a small tent and has that tent stacked wall to wall.

Always good for New Members to explain exactly what you looking for I guess... Cuts down on alot of people who would visit that way... Hmmmm Well since I am not Knowledgeable in Exactly what you doing, I will look in from time to time to see how well or not you're doing... LOL Green days, and good luck... FYI you should let people know what enough knowledge is, you know that way if they are not as smart as you, you can just ignore them... Though I dont know that would even work you are such a personable existence on the planet... So Clear....

Seems like ALL members, not just "new members", should explain "exactly what they are looking for", right?

IF you haven't the knowledge I require, I'm thankful you don't reply.

Anyone can post a "guess" but few questioners ask for one.

June 28: Watered. PH in 6.2, pH out 6.5 on both Tessa and Wendy. Added a bit more “wind” to Tessa in the form of a very small fan – she likes it.

June 29: Opened up NL Wendy and WW Tessa a bit.

Wendy
1.jpg

Tessa
2.jpg

Both
3.jpg

June 29: Opened up NL Wendy and WW Tessa a bit.

June30: On cruise control.

July 1: Nothing significant. The amount of growth from day to day is interesting to watch.

July2: Watered. I water just enough to get an amount of water I can pH test. I should probably switch to pH test tape or reagent strips - both would require much less runoff water to test than using the Jellas pH tester I'm using. Wendy water in pH 6.2 / pH out 6.4. Tessa water pH in 6.3 / pH out 6.8. Both received 1 gallon of water in total.

July3: On cruise control.

July 4: RH good <48-51%> and temps remain 75-79 degrees. LED light: White spectrum 100%, Blue spectrum 100%. Bumped the Red spectrum to 100% from 50%. Duration: 20 hours on, 4 hours off during the afternoon. Next expected watering will be July 5th or 6th.

July 5: Watered. I occasionally use a 4 CFL bulb setup to provide additional light to specific areas in conjunction with LED. I noticed some "nute burn” on Wendy. Since this is a “no added nutrient” grow, I'm presuming some roots have hit the bottom layer of the hot Kind Soil in the 5 gallon smart pots and are reacting to that a bit.

1.jpg

July 6: Day 30. Very minor nutrient burn noted on Tessa as well. Tessa is going through a growth spurt. She's almost as tall as Wendy but not as full.

2.jpg

July 7: Day 31 since sprout.

3.jpg

Overall, they are both progressing well.

Wendy

4.jpg

Tessa

5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom