First Indoor Grow, WW & NL Autos

July 26: From now on Wendy is an “experimental plant” for me. She was growing so densely that too many bud sites are being blocked from light with fan leaves. I pinched off at least ~ 12 small fan leaf stalks. If she stunts, she stunts. She's already 10 days behind Tessa as far as bud development.

July 27: Watered a gallon for Wendy and 2/3rd gallon for Tessa. I added 3ml dose of CaliMagic to Wendy. Added a scant 1 tsp of Easy Juice pH Up crystals to pH 4.5 water to raise it to 6.8. I'm not feeding any nutrients to Tessa. I think she can finish as “no added nutrient” grow which was my initial plan. If I see any significant problems with Tessa, I'll add a small dose (3ml) of CaliMagic as at this point in flowering, from what I've read nitrogen needs drop very low but CA and MG needs increase. The last thing I want is a bud affecting nutrient burn at this stage.

Tessa < July 25th>
1.jpg

I mix my own soil, kinda like subcools but some changes. Just mix in large trashcan and cook. Love using it so far. A little slower, but I rarely add N. I do use organic stuff and Ca/Mg which has a touch of N in it.

U giving any Ca/Mg? or you mix voodoo in the soil?
Gave a 3 ml dose of CaliMagic (basically CalMag) in yesterdays watering to Northern Light Wendy yesterday morning. She loved it and this morning she looks great. I have no idea what "voodoo" is but will search for it. Shoot me a link about it if you have one on hand.

And ya you never water to run-off you’re are pretty much flushing the nutes out of the soil from what I understand. When I see my plants need a little more micronutrients I water with compost tea.
Yeah, I'm one of those types that don't "read the instructions" and learn to regret not doing so. I didn't over water White Widow Tessa, so I think she can finish as a "no added nutrient" grow. She's producing some large buds. Northern Light Wendy is doing well with doses of CaliMagic. I've been reading about "compost tea" and will use that in future grows.

ha, voodoo, is all the crap I put in the soil...no link or reference to it...just use that word as etc.

I wish I had room to build a tea recycler, basically a mini grinder pump in a trough. But they get smelly.

I mentioned in my July 26th log post of NL Wendy that she's now an "experimental plant". She is behind Tessa. Tessa's main cola is thick, growing daily and is almost 9 inches long. Her secondary buds growth are bigger and healthier than Wendy's primary. I'm gonna take a chance and spike her with a median dose of of Dyna Gro and CaliMagic during tomorrow's watering. While I know you "can't nutrient force one plant to match another", that's not the point. As an auto, she only has a finite number of days left to grow and she needs a "jump start".

July 28: Day 52. Tessa is going well. She should finish at day 78 (+/- a couple days)... so about 26 days to go based on other CKS auto-flower White Widow grows. Wendy is still behind Tessa, but doesn't appear to be losing ground either.

July 29: Wendy is still slowly growing in height – she's now 27” tall. Can't quite account for that as she should have stopped growing by now. Tessa seems to have stopped growing at 24” tall and her buds are putting on size.

July 30: Watered. Full dose of CaliMagic and Dyna-Gro to Wendy. Both plants are now going from freshly watered to nearly dry within 2.5 - 3 days.

July 31: Week 8, Day 56. Temperature remains at 75-77 degrees and relative humidity at 40%. Tessa pistils have turned a nice orange and her buds are putting on weight nicely. Wendy is fattening up her buds as well but she remains still a week behind Tessa. Both plants now have stopped growing in height. Wendy at 27” and Tessa remains at 24”. LED at 17 inches, RH 40%, temperature at 75 degrees.

August 1: Wendy's building buds. She will receive a full dose of CaliMagic and a half dose of Dyna-Gro in every watering.

Wendy
1.jpg

Wendy
2.jpg

August 2: Watered both Wendy and Tessa. Bit less than a gallon each. I'm hoping Wendy will produce a good yield. She still has time. Wendy received 5ml of CaliMagic and 3 ml of Dyna Gro. Tessa is fattening up nicely.

August 3: Week 8, Day 59. Based on other Crop King, auto-flowering strains of White Widow and Northern Light grows, I think they'll finish in roughly 19 more days (+/-).

Seeing multiple yellowed out / burned looking leaves on Tessa, not too unusual given her relative “old age” at this point, but I might finish her with CaliMagic and Dyna-Gro. I wanted to finish her as a “no added nutrient” grow, but the goal isn't to “drag her over the finish line” as a “no nute” grow. Its to put quality bud in mason jars.

Several doses of CaliMagic and Dyna-Gro have definitely helped NL Wendy.

Wendy
3.jpg

Tessa
4.jpg

All in all, I'm pleased with this grow. A lotta bud fattening still to come, and while It ain't over til the buds are dried, cured and in the mason jars... the finish line is in sight.

Good looking grow your updates and your journal entry on what you are doing and the amounts you are using and the pH in and out was very nice looking forward to seeing how your grow complete and what your end weight is.

Good looking grow your updates and your journal entry on what you are doing and the amounts you are using and the pH in and out was very nice looking forward to seeing how your grow complete and what your end weight is.

Thanks Poparo. Haven't grown weed since I was living in Hawaii a long time ago... and those grows were outdoors, so this indoor grow stuff is is all pretty new to me... as are auto-flowering plants.

August 4: Day 60. Watered 1 gallon each with ½ tsp Of Dyna-Gro Bloom. Temps 75-77 degrees. Water in pH 6.5. RH 40-45%. LED Lights 17” above tallest colas. Bumped up the light... now 24 hours per day.

August 5: Seeing gains in bud size on both plants every day. Rotating both plants daily to provide some additional CFL lumens to smaller bud sites.
1.jpg

The CFLs are much closer to the buds than this picture suggests.
2.jpg

August 6: Ordered a clip-on microscope for use with my iPhone.

August 7: Watered both with 2ml Dyna-Gro Bloom per gallon. PH in 6.5. From GrowWeedEasy: “Around week 6 of the flowering stage, your plants will mostly stop growing new stems and leaves, and therefor needs lower levels of nutrients (especially Nitrogen) until harvest. Now, you don’t want to starve your plant of nutrients in the flowering stage because that will cause early leaf yellowing and ultimately hurt yields and bud appearance. If your plant already looks pale green all over, you don’t want to reduce nutrient levels further. High levels of nutrients, especially the kind found in liquid plant food, can deposit extra nutrients into the buds themselves, possibly altering the taste and smell. After buds are fully formed you don’t want to overdo it with Nitrogen or other nutrients. In addition to hurting the smell, too much Nitrogen can also prevent buds from fattening properly”.

August 8: Week 9, Day 64. Pistils on NL Wendy are turning orange as well now. Everything else remains the same. Temps 75-78 degrees. LED: 17” above tallest cola. RH: 40-45%. Next watering will include a small dose of Dyna-Gro Bloom, a small dose of CaliMagic and ½ tablespoon per gallon of blackstrap molasses (un-sulfured). From Zamnesia: “While molasses is quite rich in nutrients, it is primarily used as a carbohydrate source for the organisms in your soil, effectively feeding the soil and improving it as a foundation for your cannabis.” GrowWeedEasy recommends using it in the last few weeks prior to harvest but Zamnesia prefers it throughout the grow... and recommends 1-2 tablespoon per 5 liters of water. I'm not a believer that it makes buds “sweeter”. From what I've read, sugar molecules are too large to be passed across the root membrane, but it contains a lot of beneficial components (iron, calcium, copper, etc) and grower friend states that it does help fatten buds.

Wendy
3.jpg

August 4: Day 60. Watered 1 gallon each with ½ tsp Of Dyna-Gro Bloom. Temps 75-77 degrees. Water in pH 6.5. RH 40-45%. LED Lights 17” above tallest colas. Bumped up the light... now 24 hours per day.

August 5: Seeing gains in bud size on both plants every day. Rotating both plants daily to provide some additional CFL lumens to smaller bud sites.
IMG_3658.jpg

The CFLs are much closer to the buds than this picture suggests.
IMG_3651.jpg

August 6: Ordered a clip-on microscope for use with my iPhone.

August 7: Watered both with 2ml Dyna-Gro Bloom per gallon. PH in 6.5. From GrowWeedEasy: “Around week 6 of the flowering stage, your plants will mostly stop growing new stems and leaves, and therefor needs lower levels of nutrients (especially Nitrogen) until harvest. Now, you don’t want to starve your plant of nutrients in the flowering stage because that will cause early leaf yellowing and ultimately hurt yields and bud appearance. If your plant already looks pale green all over, you don’t want to reduce nutrient levels further. High levels of nutrients, especially the kind found in liquid plant food, can deposit extra nutrients into the buds themselves, possibly altering the taste and smell. After buds are fully formed you don’t want to overdo it with Nitrogen or other nutrients. In addition to hurting the smell, too much Nitrogen can also prevent buds from fattening properly”.

August 8: Week 9, Day 64. Pistils on NL Wendy are turning orange as well now. Everything else remains the same. Temps 75-78 degrees. LED: 17” above tallest cola. RH: 40-45%. Next watering will include a small dose of Dyna-Gro Bloom, a small dose of CaliMagic and ½ tablespoon per gallon of blackstrap molasses (un-sulfured). From Zamnesia: “While molasses is quite rich in nutrients, it is primarily used as a carbohydrate source for the organisms in your soil, effectively feeding the soil and improving it as a foundation for your cannabis.” GrowWeedEasy recommends using it in the last few weeks prior to harvest but Zamnesia prefers it throughout the grow... and recommends 1-2 tablespoon per 5 liters of water. I'm not a believer that it makes buds “sweeter”. From what I've read, sugar molecules are too large to be passed across the root membrane, but it contains a lot of beneficial components (iron, calcium, copper, etc) and grower friend states that it does help fatten buds.

Wendy
IMG_3656.jpg
Great looking girl great journal I plan on watching with great interest.

Going kinda "off topic" here, but I've come to really appreciate 420magazine. It has a lot going for it.

I was just visiting an auto-flower weed forum and the thread hi-jacking going on there was unbelievable.

I was checking out a few grow journals, and members (even moderators), were posting skate-boarding videos and anime "super-hero" cartoon videos in the middle of the journals. Yep, people apologized for doing so ("Apologies fer talkin over yer thread mate... Im off out to some xenophobic england footy bbq....nice one 912!!"), but then just restarted doing the same the following day.

It was pretty amazing to see this... and sad to see what could be a great source of information thread-jacked into uselessness.

420magazine is a great place on the web.

Back
Top Bottom