New Grower: Excited To Learn

Poparo

Hi and welcome, I am completely new to this and very eager to get started, but patience is a virtue I am told.

Well I have picked my place to grow indoors, going to use my closet. Closet space is 3 1/2 ft deep 6 1/2 ft long and over 8ft high. Planning on using a tent, and a vent with carbon filter for the smell along with a odor helper. Thinking about using Bubbleponics system for the grow, I am looking at using some form of a lift to help me with changing the water (will provide more details on this).

Right now I'm doing as much research on this grow before I start purchasing equipment and supplies. I welcome any advice or suggestions that you would recommend. Well got to take my baby outside she is whining lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20180709_064247282.jpg
    IMG_20180709_064247282.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 322
I am going to get a thermometer / humidity and measure both of them in the closet for a couple of days and ajust the temp in the apartment I prefer warm inside the apartment. Does anyone have a good suggestion for the thermometer I should use will also be using it for the tent?

I am going to get a thermometer / humidity and measure both of them in the closet for a couple of days and ajust the temp in the apartment I prefer warm inside the apartment. Does anyone have a good suggestion for the thermometer I should use will also be using it for the tent?
There are many options on Zon...I got the $10 ThermoPro Temp/Hum. Plants are fine between 60-90F, though the sweet spot is 70-80F

Also remember that when you put a light in the tent it will probably run warmer in there than in the house by a few degrees. If you have an exhaust fan with a speed adjustment dial on it that may give you the ability to adjust the temp in the tent by a few degrees. I keep my thermostat on 70 and my temps inside the tent are around 78. But it also stays warmer in that room than the rest of the house. My tent is in the laundry room. I have a dehumidifier in there that runs warm sometimes so it warms that room up some.

Well I am heading to the store to pick up some things for the grow getting thermometer and look at the supplies that the nursery has as far as nutrition supplies. Been doing a lot of research and searching for what I want to do, I have read about hydroponics and what worries me is that it says you can ruin your plants easy. I am very thorough with projects and detail oriented. Well off to the store

I found the system I want to use SuperPonics 8 Hydroponic Grow System and I am looking at a tent 4' x 4' x 7 1/2' should fit nicely in the space as I am a disabled veteran on disability it's going to take me a while to get all of the things I will need to grow, i been looking at lighting and what I have read a 600w light would be a good fit for growing 2 plants and letting them spread over the area.

Doing research on light's now, any suggestions would be great. Will post later on what I am looking at. Lighting is what I have been researching is the biggest concern alongside the nutrient water using in the hydroponics. I will be looking at nutritional supplies after that and again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well I ordered my thermometer and I am looking at tent's I have been sketching what I want to do for the closet grow.
Will update as I move along.
If any one knows a good site or company site for good tent's please let me know.

Well I ordered my thermometer and I am looking at tent's I have been sketching what I want to do for the closet grow.
Will update as I move along.
If any one knows a good site or company site for good tent's please let me know.
Gorilla is a sponsor here and they offer 10% off but even with that they are pricey but top of the line quality. Mars hydro is another sponsor here that sells tents. Definitely worth checking them out.

Well I ordered my thermometer
Hi Pops and welcome to :420: and Happy Oil Day 7/10. I hope you don't mind Pops...shorter and easier :)

I was late getting in here but glad I found a seat to watch things take off. Hopefully, you have a thermometer coming that stores daily min and max values. Most of them do these days. You don't want too large of a temp swing between lights on/off, about 15 degrees, typically not more than that. Anyhow, glad i found the thread. :goodluck:

Welcome and thank you for the help. I am planning on doing research on the temp and humidity in the closet over a week and keeping a graphic account and when I get the tent I will do it again And will be graphing the results in 4 hour increments. I think that will give me a good idea and time to adjust the temp of my apartment. I am trying to figure out what I will need to have for my grow (dehumidifier or humidifier) also when I get the lights in the tent and how that effects the temp. As I have looked at lighting I won't one set that can do the whole process from germination to harvest.

Well I just got got done reading Mr Magoo grow Journal, and if you haven't done so already you should alot of great people and advice being put out there.

Thanks for the plug poparo! Lol. I have been fortunate to get to know some great and talented people on here. And I’m not afraid to ask for their help. For one I value their input and for two I hope it’s helpful for others as well.

Just got done with blew hiller journal and WOW that man can grow would love to be his neighbor

Welcome 187budz,. Well I have been scouring the sponsor pages looking for what I want for my grow and WOW the price of the gear is daunting so I just been on Amazon and found the grow tent I am going to use and the LED lights I am still looking for advice on soil grow or bubbleponics I am leaning on the bubbleponics side and since I am just doing this for me, I was thinking of doing the 5 gal bucket just one plant at a time. I just got update on my order and I will have the thermometer/hum tommorow and will be starting my testing for the closet temp and humidity then I will be getting the tent and will be testing that.

Back
Top Bottom