Wickedrebel's first grow White Widow, Norther Lights / 2009

Wickedrebel

Ok. i finally got my shit straight and started 5 Fem White Widow and 5 Fem Norther Lights.
Grow space is a 4x4x7 grow tent
Lights: 400 MH for Veg 16/8 .... 400 HPS for flowering 12/12
I will be using Fox Farm Ocean Forest for my soil.
I have the fox farm trio pack for nuts. tiger bloom, big bloom, and grow big.
All of my seedlings are in solo cups and i am almost 2 weeks after germination.

So far i am running 71 F at night and 82 F in the day (With the tent open)
Humidity is around 38-43 with 2 5 gallon buckets of h2o
I have 2 fans on only when the lights are on and the inline fan is off at the moment due to there is no smell as of yet. and i am happy with my temps.
Any questions please feel free to ask!!
Its going to be a fun one!!

Sounds like you've got your shit together! I'd be transplanting those seedlings soon though, roots grow quick. Also as a side note, I heard of a hybrid strain of WW and NL called Crystal. Your grow just reminded me of it ;-) How long do you plan on vegging? What yields are you expecting? What size pots will you be transplanting to?

DSC007282.JPG

Ok.. Everything is looking great.. I started out with 10 and i am going to pick out the best 5. I figured with the room i have and 400 Watt, 5 flowering plants would be a crowed as it is. NL #2 is probably going to be the first to go.. It looks OK, its just not up to par compared to the others... One question? I was wondering if i should give them a 1/2 teaspoon per Gal of big bloom? it said that i could use it on seedlings?? is that a bad idea? DFW-GUY-- I am going to put them in 4" pots tonight. Im not sure what to expect as far as yield goes? Any ideas?? I will be veging till they are around 2-3 feet tall. and i will be LST'ing soon as i can. Thanks for any input!

Im in for this one, +reps for getting it started.

Just a few questions I got for ya, it being your first grow and all(although Im sure u got it all figured out)...
1)Any specific reasons u got the veg goin 16/8?
2)Do u have drain holes at the bottom of those solo cups?

And just another word of advice, id let all 10 flower for at least a few weeks if u have the space...ive seen that fem seeds have a knack of going hermie, so u might want to make sure one of the 5 u leave wont grow some nuts.

Ill be watching. Peace.

Im in for this one, +reps for getting it started.

Just a few questions I got for ya, it being your first grow and all(although Im sure u got it all figured out)...
1)Any specific reasons u got the veg goin 16/8?
2)Do u have drain holes at the bottom of those solo cups?

And just another word of advice, id let all 10 flower for at least a few weeks if u have the space...ive seen that fem seeds have a knack of going hermie, so u might want to make sure one of the 5 u leave wont grow some nuts.

Ill be watching. Peace.

Yo nice to see you on the thread! I planed to hold 8 for flowering. Im doing 16/8 just Bc i hear its better to let the plant get some rest ( i notice a lot of growth in the dark cycle) + i dont want to pull up the electricity bill. My roomy doesnt smoke the bud so i will have to pay him back for the energy :(.. haha and yeah i have drainage holes at the bottom. I have done sooo much research. But this is going to be the best knowledge i can get yet! Thanks again buddy! :roorrip:

Thanks for all input! + rep for everyone that posted the first day! I truly appreciate any help. I will try to post up pictures once a week, unless something crazy happens. I dont want to over load the page with nonsense seedling pictures. But, thanks again!! :thanks:

So, they're all female huh? Looks like they all took the transplant real well. Why's everything blue?

Om well, There not really all female, i Wish. I just got a really good deal on the fem seeds. From my research they have a better chance of becoming female. But, some have a good chance of becoming Hermi. Hermi, is a plant that has female buds and, male pollen sacks on the same plant= crap plant= seedy crop= no good for me. But, this seems to happen mostly when the plant has stress. I am going to see if i can avoid that at all cost.
As far as the blue light goes, I am using a 400 Watt Metal Halide bulb. It has a blue spectrum, once again in my research ( anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong ) blue spectrum bulbs tend to produce more female plants.= a good thing. I could had got floros in a blue spec. but I feel that the 400watt MH will do better. But thats just me. ;)

So your going to flower 8, does that mean your going to keep 2 for cloning? After these 4" pots I recommend 5 gallons, some people have say their plants get a little root bound in 3 gallon pots. The mom's could use really big pots, like 12 gallons or something. Remember that plants double or triple their size in flowering, though the LST should help so you don't have 6' plants. Everything looks good, I'd give them 1-2 more weeks in the 4" pots then put them in their permanent homes. Oh and for your soil, consider adding perlite. I added some to my FFOF and wish I had put in even more. I hear that 20-30% perlite in that soil is recommended. Everything's looking good, your nutes are top choice, your lighting and ventilation is great, unless you have some pest problems or mess up the feeding you should be home free. Start counting the days to harvest ;)

Edit: Unless you have light leaks you should be fine about the hermi thing. I haven't ever heard of blue lights making more female plants. Mostly because, aside from stress factors, the plants gender is genetic. That little seed will grow up to be whatever it was born to be. What blue lights are good for is the vegetation stage. It has to do with how in nature the sun's rays change from spring to fall. It's part of letting the plant know it's time to flower. The blue light tells the plant GROW GROW!

Thanks for the all the advice dfw-guy.. the reason i plan on going 8 plants for veging is i feel like in the plants permanent home (5 gallon buckets ) 10 plants will not get the sufficient amount of light. it is my first grow and i could be wrong. but with 4x4 grow space it going to be tight. I feel like i could make 8 plants grow better than cramming 10 in a confined space and taking away light from the whole crop (5 gallon buckets are big). I was thinking start flowering when plants hot the 2 1/2 foot mark and i would end up with 5' plants around harvest in the end of October. Thanks for the advice on the perlite! i will start LST next week along with the first dose of food at 1/4 strength, we will see how they like the food and gradually move to stronger dosage. It better to underfeed then to burn them, in my opinion. Thanks again DFW :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom