Wickedrebel's first grow White Widow, Norther Lights / 2009

Its good that you started at 1/4. Now you can slowly go up 1/4 each feeding and read the plants feedback.

Nice to have you as well McBudz:welcome:.. Yeah i am trying to take the whole solubles thing slow.. there is such thing as to much of a good thing. You feel that a 600Watt will suit me better? i am holding around 85 F at the canopies surface as of now i dont want to push that up to much higher. you think that will be much of a problem considering i can back my hood away a good 5" with a 600?

Nice to have you as well McBudz:welcome:.. Yeah i am trying to take the whole solubles thing slow.. there is such thing as to much of a good thing. You feel that a 600Watt will suit me better? i am holding around 85 F at the canopies surface as of now i dont want to push that up to much higher. you think that will be much of a problem considering i can back my hood away a good 5" with a 600?

My temps did not chnage dramatically between 2 x 400's and 2 x 600's. I upgraded my ventilation form 4 inch 147CFM to 6 inch 450 CFM and just exhaust the air off the lights out of the area. I do recommend air cooled reflectors if you do not have already.

600 will allow you to pull the reflector up a bit from the plants and really give a better light coverage to the whole area. 600's are great as they are arguably the most efficient in terms of yield vs heat, and power consumption.

My temps did not chnage dramatically between 2 x 400's and 2 x 600's. I upgraded my ventilation form 4 inch 147CFM to 6 inch 450 CFM and just exhaust the air off the lights out of the area. I do recommend air cooled reflectors if you do not have already.

600 will allow you to pull the reflector up a bit from the plants and really give a better light coverage to the whole area. 600's are great as they are arguably the most efficient in terms of yield vs heat, and power consumption.

That sounds good! i am going to try to get a 600 as soon as possible maybe after the weekend. i would love to go with a 1000 but im sure i will have heat problems. But i know i will need the 1000 when i get a bigger setup... something like a 12x12 flowering room.

That sounds good! i am going to try to get a 600 as soon as possible maybe after the weekend. i would love to go with a 1000 but im sure i will have heat problems. But i know i will need the 1000 when i get a bigger setup... something like a 12x12 flowering room.

even with a bigger room you are better off with multiple 600's as you can spread the light source around more effectively. 3 x 600's cover an area better than 2 x 1000's and and it uses 10% less power.

wow that sounds promising. Im going to go that down that road! thanks for all of the help McBudz, im going to get on that now:thanks:

Well its week 5 and i have some nice pictures for everyone :slide:... And yeah im proud of my babies, they are turning into nice college girls haha. Haven't received my 600 watt in the mail yet. i will let you guys know when that event happens.
WW
DSC011571.JPG

NL
DSC011494.JPG

WW
DSC011433.JPG

WW
DSC011422.JPG

NL
DSC011392.JPG

NL
DSC011403.JPG

WW
DSC011411.JPG

WW
DSC011372.JPG

NL
DSC011362.JPG

NL
DSC011623.JPG

NL
DSC011614.JPG

WW
DSC011661.JPG

Group 1
DSC011781.JPG

Group 2
DSC011771.JPG

Group 3
DSC011761.JPG

EAT IT UP, I SURE AM!!! :peace:

Ok. I have a few mor pictures for everyone. I have just added Cha ching at lowest dosage per gal... + (1 tsp IN 5 gallons of ) of Organic Unsulphured Molasses. along with the usual Fox farm NuTs.. Its been 3 days from last feeding (aka end of week 5) and the plants are definitely looking bigger and fuller and tackier to the touch. The only bad signs that i have notices are the fan leafs are starting to get more yellow with a few bright yellow spots on them.. and this is with only certain plants. I figured it is mostly a N deficiency but it is my first grow. so you guys let me know. I just fed them some water just to Quench there thirst as i usually do 3 days after feeding. Anyway here are the pictures..
The group
DSC011892.JPG

The group again
DSC011902.JPG

WW
DSC011881.JPG

NL
DSC011932.JPG

NL
DSC011913.JPG

WW
DSC011951.JPG

WW ( this is the one that you can see the yellowing of the fan leafs and there are a few bright yellow dots forming not manny but there there? It might not be nothing to worry about and its just me being an over protective parent.
DSC01196.JPG

:peace:

you helped me decide to order some N.L seeds.thanx. And great nugs bro.

Yo I am glade to hear that buddy. They Looks so good in the pictures. But They look so much better in person.. And the smell is amazing, its so fruity. something like fruit loops and and cat piss? but the White Widow is in the party as well so its hard to say who is doing what? thanks tho + rep if i can

Hello everyone! I am truly sorry for the long 2 week delay, i know it has been a while and you are wondering what in the hell is going on. Well i have some wonderful pictures for you! We are going to start this off with Northern lights and then to White Widow. I am in the middle of week 7 and i just took one small nug off of a Northern lights. One was looking more mature then the others so i sniped off a branch that has fallen over. So here is the pictures! Enjoy!!
DSC012482.JPG

DSC012442.JPG

DSC012542.JPG

DSC012563.JPG

Sample i took NL
DSC01262.JPG

DSC012632.JPG

The clear pictures are possible by my girlfriend! so you can thank her. Thats it for the NL i will be posting a lot more over the next week or so till harvest so keep an eye out!
WW is next!

Oh, Yeah as far as smell goes.. The NL has a fruity smell to it something like fruit loops. and the WW has a "skunky wtf is under your shoe" type smell. For the density factor, as you can see in the pictures NL is tall and fluffy, where the WW is very compact wide and dense!
And here are the White Widow's!
DSC012333.JPG

DSC012344.JPG

DSC012361.JPG

DSC012392.JPG

DSC012424.JPG

This girl had a blueish tent to her! and she stinks so good!
DSC012433.JPG

considering this is my first grow. i am going to need a little assistance of about when to determine harvest. I was told by my cousin.." when you think they are done wait a week" but i could pull them a week ago and i would had never know the difference. I know that last week wasn't half as good as this week. The NL have developed a coat of resin that is so sticky it takes forever to get it off of your hands. I want to pull them at the right time. I have come this far and i am not letting a week screw me up now!

My seed bank said that NL will flower in 7 - 10 weeks on the other hand WW is 8 - 9 weeks. I have done hours and hours of research on the matter and i have found.
1. INdica plants should be pulled when the Trichome have a more amber color tent to them. this will induse a more stone couch lock high in witch the indicas are know for.
2. Sativas should be pulled at prime mid harvest when trichomes are milky white. this will give the bud a more upper high.
So my thought process tells me that i should pull the plants around the same time because the flowering window for the WW is a week ahead of NL. This would Place NL in or around late harvest and WW in prime mid harvest. If and only if the plants mature at the same time. Witch puts me at another question. One of my NL is definitely more mature then the other NL. Its actually the one that i took a sample off of. The plant has almost 50% red to white hairs and but the top coloa is around 40%red and 60% white. I was thinking about harvesting it earlier.. around this weekend? Is this a good idea? am i in the right direction? or am i thinking about it way to hard? haha

Oh yeah I upgraded my power from 400 watts to 600 Watts a weeks ago.. my bad that I haven't updated you guys any sooner. I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off over the last few weeks. More updates from here on out! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom