Autos: Royal Creamatic & Bluematic - 250W HPS - DRII Tent - Soil - New Farmer!

Bishnoi

My first grow, Im immensly excited! I have tried sucking in as much info as possible and gathered the stuff I think I need. Going with soil and ANutrients PH Perfect, Air Pots and joy
:circle-of-love:
I chose the strains to assist me in battling stress and as gasoline for my armchair star traveling (meditation).

Hope everything will go well! :Namaste:

re: Autos: Royal Creamatic & Bluematic - 250W HPS - DRII Tent - Soil - New Farmer!

Seeds took about 36 hours to show tails.
Placed a lamp underneath to get the heat up to 20C+ rather than 19.xC:

Tails! I instantly developed an emotional bond :peace:

re: Autos: Royal Creamatic & Bluematic - 250W HPS - DRII Tent - Soil - New Farmer!

Potted. Humid and cool, maybe to cold? Can't wait to see the heads pop up like a Kundalini Dragon.
When the MH-light is good to go I'll be calmer about the cold temperatures I guess.

Yay! I can see a head popping up. Seems to grow like clockwork so far. I have the 250w MH lamp as high above the pots as I can, about 1 meter. Any risk the new borns can get to much light?

IDK I'm just starting my first grow and their autos. I have them underneath a 400 HPS for 20/4 and the seem to be doing fine..
Will be subbed and watching your grow:goodluck:

Nice, your'e one step ahead of me. I'll sub your grow, you'll pave the way :cheer: :thanks:

I would suggest initially not to have soil too damp so as to let the roots search.
If you're using cfl or led you can put your light an inch or so to drag them out of the ground, And when a few leaves are formed revert to normal height.
Also if you plan to up it to hps be weary of the jump in temp.
Good luck, Although luck has nothing to do with it. I'm sure man and Plants are Intrisically linked and they will tell you when they need attention.

I would suggest initially not to have soil too damp so as to let the roots search.
If you're using cfl or led you can put your light an inch or so to drag them out of the ground, And when a few leaves are formed revert to normal height.
Also if you plan to up it to hps be weary of the jump in temp.
Good luck, Although luck has nothing to do with it. I'm sure man and Plants are Intrisically linked and they will tell you when they need attention.

True, I've been abit worried that the soil was to damp so I'll refrain from watering it til' its called for.

Aah, home and it's friday! I went directly to my "dragons" and they have straight spines now. Notice how the Creamatic is abit droopy compared to the Bluematic.
Do I need to worry? It shouldn't be to warm, around 25C/77F as you can see.

Also, someone told me to start on very very low nutes when the first two spiked leaves appear. It can't be time already, they have just opened up? Honestly I don't feel like I can water for a couple of days yet, soil is still damp after first watering.
:scratchinghead:

Cream

Blue

I wouldn't worry too much until they grow out some more.. My blue mysitc first leaves were kinda of yellowing but it hasn't stop growing and the rest of the leaves look healthy. My plants look totally different from eachother when I do an update I'll show the difference. Even tho there both hybrids and Indica dominate one is growing like a sativa vs the other..

From what I've read here and what people have told me about Nutes so far it just depends on what kind of soil did you use and how strong are the Nutes..

subd mate, my 400 watt dual spec hps is 8 inches above the top of the plants, but i have fans blowing across the top of the plants to keep the heat down, but its usually around 1ft away from the top of the plants, but as yours are seedlings id leave them where they are till the plants have got more leaf then lower it slowly keeping an eye on the temp at plant level,

also try not to over water, i did when i started growing and it stunted growth for ages, so let the soil dry out between watering, also the big pots you have the seedlings in will need watering less, but the top might dry quicker, so all id do for now is give the soil a spray by the plants every 3 days, this should be the best condition for them, just keep an eye on them,

@Jfault20, its funny you mention that about the blue mystic, i have also got one growing and the first set of leaves where deformed and yellow in places, the next set of leaves are the same, very deformed, but its still growing so ill keep it going and see if it picks up,

@donpaul.p my blue mystic only had that one deformed one but the rest came out normal but in comparison to my bubblicious it looking like it's creeping in the growing department.. But I've read that this plant is a hardy plant almost impossible to mess it up. So we'll see what happens

mine seems to be sorting itself out, its as if its been nute burned and had the leaves chewed up, it was very slow to grow at first but its picking up now, so ill see how it goes over the next few days, im hoping it sorts itself out, if not ill be pulling it by the end of next week, so fingers crossed it pulls through, not sure what caused it, i dont give nutes for the first couple of weeks and its in the same soil ive always grown in so i know its not that, the only thing it can be is the strain, possibly not as stable as the breeder hoped, but im sure ill find out if its going to sort itself out or not, it is growing quicker though now and the deformed leaves seem to be getting bigger so the next set of leaves should be ok

Thanks for hooking up guys. The "dragons" are getting stronger and straighter spines, a joy to see. I can't stop peeking lol.
Curious: I want my light abit closer, temps are about 27-28 now. Is 30ish tolerable?
Also, when is it time to change my Metal Halide lamp to HPS?

Ok, moved MH-light closer. It's now 24" above and I ramped up the fan one notch. Staying at around 30.x C/86F. Also added a bowl of water to get the humidity up abit. Maybe soon time to water, soil is drying up somewhat, even at one fingers depth.
Here comes some pictures of freshly sprayed young ones:

hi, you should be ok with that distance, just make sure you keep an eye on the temps at the top of the plant.

as for switching bulbs mate, you will use the mh till you flip the lights to 12-12, the mh is for vegging and the hps is for flower, but their is some new info about this, now when you flip the lights to 12-12 the plants start their stretch, that is unless your using glr schedule, but they stretch, so the info is now that to still use the mh bulb until you are 2 weeks into flower,

so stick with the mh bulb till your ready to change the light schedule to 12-12, then give it 14 days from this date then switch it to the hps, this seems about the best option at the moment,

Remember they're autos though. A little bird told me that when they show pre flowers (need to Google images for this) you give them 24h of darkness. This allegedly kickstarts the hormone production for flowering and then you go on with your preferred light schedule, HPS. Sounds reasonable?

i have to say i dont agree with that, i was told that autos wont start to flower if given 24 hours of constant light from day 1, so i tried this, i put my lights on constant and it changed nothing, my autos still started flowering at around 2 weeks old, so they flower early, plus the most i have got off an auto is just over an oz, but i have also got as little as 7g dry off an auto, im doing some breeding at the moment to try and increase the yield,

what i want to find out is if we give them some dark period such as 20-4 or 18-6 will this increase yield, none auto plants grow a lot during the dark time, i know these as i had a power cut for 24 hours and when the lights came back on the plants had grown more in that 24 hours of dark than they had all week, so none auto plants benefit from dark periods, so im wondering if autos are the same, as we know autos flower due to age and not light schedule, so you dont need to give them 12-12 to start flowering, i was told its best to give them 24-0 for the whole of the grow to get the best yield, but im ordering some more autos on wed and ill be giving these some night period through the whole of the grow

...what i want to find out is if we give them some dark period such as 20-4 or 18-6 will this increase yield, none auto plants grow a lot during the dark time, i know these as i had a power cut for 24 hours and when the lights came back on the plants had grown more in that 24 hours of dark than they had all week, so none auto plants benefit from dark periods, so im wondering if autos are the same, as we know autos flower due to age and not light schedule, so you dont need to give them 12-12 to start flowering, i was told its best to give them 24-0 for the whole of the grow to get the best yield, but im ordering some more autos on wed and ill be giving these some night period through the whole of the grow

I've planned to go 18/6 all the way through so we'll so how it goes :bigblush:

Back
Top Bottom