Royal AK Auto - 250W HPS - First Indoor Grow!

ChrisHalliwel

Hi everyone!

I've been browsing through this website alot in the past few months, because I've been hoping to grow something for myself one day. Finally this year I got an opportunity to gather the knowledge and the passion for cannabis plants and start my very first grow!

Although there haven't been many pictures taken due to keeping this grow as unnoticed as possible, I'll try to put some of em here :)

As far as my set up is concerned, I put up a 60x60x170 box in my bathroom and within that box i set up following stuff:

- 250W Sylvania HPS lap (with some ballast i got in a package)

- a small (probably too small) fan

- i put some mylar on the walls

- Royal AK automatic seeds from Royal Queen seeds
Royal AK Automatic

- light soil mixture for balcony flowers, but with no additional nutrients and such.

- 3 part fertilizer from the Advanced nutrients (Grow, Micro, Bloom)

- 20-30 liter pot

- Temp and humidity sensor

I set light to 19/5, which set's my electricity bill 5 euros higher so not a bit deal i suppose, and i planted 2 seeds directly into the final pot where they are today. I've read that auto's might not be worth of transplanting unless you're going for some super precise growing, so i just went for the easiest option. (AKA spend as nothing as possible). I started to give em nutrients 2 weeks after they sprouted, at first smaller dosage of each nutrient, but now, I give them 2 times a full dosage, which is 4ml of each nutrient in a litre of water.

So far I've made a few bullet points what I need to change for my future grow
- Bigger pots/ 1 plant in each, not 2 in 1
- bigger fan
- chooose a strain with less odor
- get use of different "tie down the plant" methods

Eventhough I study biotechnology combined with some interesting plant physiology and plant tissue culture class courses, I didn't manage to get hands on a simple pH meter, or atleast litmus paper to check it, i continue to think positive about my soil pH :D :D :D

I also keep my front side open at all times, which i know it's not optimal, but helps me keep the temperature at comfy 26-28 degrees celsius. But correct me if I'm wrong...after a few calculations my plants are def. receiving 30.000 lumens per square meter, so....well, it just may work. The light was kept at about 30cm from the plant top at all times.

I think that's all I was supposed to write, remind me If I'm missing something, as this is my first almost journal too! Always opened for some advice and te most important, comment on my plants and let me know if I'm "maxing" their potential (that said, keep in mind i spent 160 euros on EVERYTHING together)! :D

These flowers are exactly 31 days old, not counting a week they needed to sprout.

IMG_20140312_163028.jpg

IMG_20140312_163042.jpg

IMG_20140312_163046.jpg

IMG_20140312_163104_3_.jpg

I didn't have in mind to change anything, except wash out nutrients a week or 2 before they are ready to harvest.

P.S. I think that from my point of view, I burned my flowers with nutes (because yellowing did not start on the bottom of a plant). But like, 1% damage. I flushed em with 4 litres of pure water to wash away nutrients and then gave em after 5 days. Not full dosage, but like 4/5 of a full dosage.

Peace out! :Namaste:

looks great! im new here, i think im doing it wrong, all these journals have 1 post, i need 50 posts before i can have a journal so im just saying hello, i hope im doing this right, i want to follow some journals before i start my own, thank you

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom