1st Grow building grow room need Help!

DaKindbuds

Okay on my first grow about 4 weeks in and I've bitten off more than I could chew with this endeavor. I currently have a space that's about 10x10 with 15 plants summers just about here so I'm getting ready. I'm running one XXXL hood that is not air cooled but doesn't seem to be an issue since temps stay at 73-76f with RH at 45-50%. I know these conditions are only temporary so I'm seeking wisdom from veteran growers. My question is this what should I do for ventilation. I plan on getting a portable A/C basically designed for this with dehumidifier and fan settings, as well as oscillating fans for air movement. Do I need exhaust for air exchange or should I seal it up and get Co2. Could someone please throw me a rope my green thumb can only get me so far. I need a little help with the technical part. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: 1st Grow building grow room need HELP!!!

I don't mess with Co2, so can't help you there but my room size is bout the same as yours. I pull fresh air in from the rest of the building and exhaust it out. I pull from in my building so I don't have to worry about it being cold or or have to deal with the temp swings outside. You can tie your AC into your exhaust out also just need a Y spliter or a separate hole for the AC to vent out. You need to bring fresh air in or else your plants can suffer from the stale air not going anywhere.

15 plants under 1 1000 watt ? Your 1000 only has like a 5x5 foot print seems like your gonna be lacking in some light. I only run 5 under mine. :goodluck:

Re: 1st Grow building grow room need HELP!!!

I probably wont be much help as I am just starting on my first grow, but I decided that I am going with a window AC unit in the next room and ducting the cool air into the grow room. Then I am planning on running a carbon filter and fan through my 2 air cooled hoods and exhausting that out of the room. I am running 2 1000w lights and know I will be needing the AC to keep temps under control. I thought about buying a portable unit, but since I already had a window unit I figured I would make it work. You definitely need to be bringing in fresh air and exhausting air from within the room.

Back
Top Bottom