• Ac Infinity t4 inline fan
  • 6" clip fans x3
  • Humidifier, humidity dome
  • Ph meter, Ph up & down
  • 3 & 5 gal fabric pots
  • Solo cups
Soil Medium: 50/50 mix of Ocean Forest and Happy Frog with extra perlite
Nutrients: Cal Mag, Great White Mycorrhizae, Molasses
Strain: Candy Cane auto fem - Currently germinating via paper towel method.

This is my 1st grow and I am happy to receive any guidance from you experienced growers. I did a dry run and finally got the heat/ humidity situation under control. After dimming the lights and removing the driver from the tent, I'm able to maintain a temp of 77F with the lights on and 75F with them off. With humidifier on low it stays around 65-70%. I plan to use a solo cup and transplant into either a 3 or 5 gal fabric pot. I see conflicting arguments on whether or not to transplant autos, but I think the solo cup will help me to regulate watering. Do I even need to use a dome with a humidifier running? If so, should I continue to use the dome after it sprouts? Anything I need to add to my list or do differently? Advice on how I should adjust the lighting intensity at different stages. Thanks in advance for your help!

Do not transplant autos.... yes it can be done, but it can also stunt a plant and yields will be pitiful even after 8-10 weeks of run time. But you need to read 2 articles on watering from Emilya, both are in her signature line here’s link How to water seedling or auto in large final container

Domes are for clones but not needed for seedlings, dome keeps the rh up while a cutting tries to develop roots. Light backed off 30 inches or more, monitor temp by putting hygrometer smack in the middle of tent - right at top of seedlings.

I know this is debatable but with only using cal-mag, myco & molasses you are not really feeding any nutes, so ph may not need adjustment

you need to learn how to water a small plant (or autoflower) in large final container.... BRB with a link
Yes please!
Domes are for clones but not needed for seedlings, dome keeps the rh up while a cutting tries to develop roots.
Thank you! I was surely confused about that lol. I was thinking it would cause the poor thing to rot!

I have hygrometer dead center of where the seedling will be. Light at top of canopy about 4ft from floor at the moment. I'm scared to burn it since the light is so intense. I figure I'll start low intensity and slowly ramp it up if it looks like it's stretching.

I surely wish I would've gotten a 6ft tall tent lol. I thought if I just keep my ambient temp at 74f it'll be that in the the tent. I didn't account for the heat from the light and driver itself. Although removing the driver didn't help much with the heat, dimming the light it worked perfectly. Gotta workout how to keep temp down without depriving the plant of the amount of light it needs.

Yes please!

Thank you! I was surely confused about that lol. I was thinking it would cause the poor thing to rot!

I have hygrometer dead center of where the seedling will be. Light at top of canopy about 4ft from floor at the moment. I'm scared to burn it since the light is so intense. I figure I'll start low intensity and slowly ramp it up if it looks like it's stretching.

I surely wish I would've gotten a 6ft tall tent lol. I thought if I just keep my ambient temp at 74f it'll be that in the the tent. I didn't account for the heat from the light and driver itself. Although removing the driver didn't help much with the heat, dimming the light it worked perfectly. Gotta workout how to keep temp down without depriving the plant of the amount of light it needs.
Temps in 70s not gonna hurt anything and sounds like you have plenty of humidity. You will need some nutes suggest @geoflora they're a sponsor. Welcome and happy growing the kind and knowledgeable people here got me thru my 1st grow.

Back
Top Bottom