1st hydro run: which strain?

Ilovedrugs

420 Member
Hi all, I'm about to start 6 plants in a 5x5 tent with 600w HPS. I have the following seeds.
1x Fruit Punch AUTO
1x Shiskaberry
1x Pineapple Chunk
1x Amnesia #7
8x Lemon Skunk
3x Chemdawg
2x Cherry Bomb
2x Green Gelato

I'd like to include the AUTO as I need medicine quickly!
My primary concern is yield.
Would appreciate any advice!
Thx in advance☺

Looks like a great line up. Have you ran 6 plants in a 5x5 yet? I am running 5 and they have filled my tent wall to wall.
No I was concerned about space. Is it better for yield to have less and grow them bigger or more smaller (technically you can end up with the same canopy). Is 1 600w HPS enough light for 5x5? I was thinking of adding a 2nd by flowering. Also, I can't get rockwool so I have to germinate in a peat pellet. Any advice? I know it's not ideal (I'm growing in hydroton pebbles in pot ebb and flow system). Thanks.

I do the more smaller plants in case plants die, hermie, or get sick. You don't loose as much as you would from one big plant going to shit. I have had as many as 14 plants in my 5 x 5 and they all did great. Pretty sure I have a pic from back then

I super crop and bend them to get them to branch out well. I then cut everything off that is not up in the canopy. Most plants will have 4 to 6 tops. Low humidity here so not only can I pack a bunch of plants together. They do better if I do.

Thanks for the info. Great result! (I've grown one crop but had BAD yeild- had NO idea about training and needing an even canopy, so I got 4 average colas (one on each plant) a few small lower buds and some popcorn basically. I'm putting in seed tomorrow. Did you have any opinion on the strains I have? (Listed above). I'm also considering adding a 2nd 600w HPS for flowering- They say you get grams per watt? I have a MILLION questions...

I tend to grow less number of plants in case someone comes knocking. I lean to the sativas. I also like any thing with Grand Daddy Purple in it for an Indica. Cakes or cookies are always a good bet. Cheese tends to give better yields. All really depends on taste.

Thanks, that's really helpful. I'm putting seeds in tonight. I'm pretty psyched- except I just received my digital thermometer and hydrometer and the temperature seems to be 5 degrees out - I'm surprised how hot the tent is- it's 26 degrees c outside today. Glad it's approaching winter so by flowering I shouldn't need to worry too much. If the "cheese" strains are good I have the "LEMON SKUNK" seeds from Greenhouse Seeds - 60/40 Sativa/India that's Skunk#1 x Pakistan Indica presume it's a "cheese" in part? The breeder claims up to 800g/m2. This must be a wild exaggeration?

I'm thinking I should start a grow journal. Not as daunting when you can share and ask advice. It was MUCH harder 20 years ago lol!

Thanks, that's really helpful. I'm putting seeds in tonight. I'm pretty psyched- except I just received my digital thermometer and hydrometer and the temperature seems to be 5 degrees out - I'm surprised how hot the tent is- it's 26 degrees c outside today. Glad it's approaching winter so by flowering I shouldn't need to worry too much. If the "cheese" strains are good I have the "LEMON SKUNK" seeds from Greenhouse Seeds - 60/40 Sativa/India that's Skunk#1 x Pakistan Indica presume it's a "cheese" in part? The breeder claims up to 800g/m2. This must be a wild exaggeration?
I have a Skunk #1 and a Franco Lemon Cheese in flower right now. I am entering summer. Today I am flipping the light schedule over to night instead because of the heat. A 1lb plant is possible. I find breeders are usually short on flowering days and long on total weight.

Back
Top Bottom