1st Outdoor Grow! 2 Autos: Sweet Mango & Mexican Airlines!

LordDWC

hi all! Despite the nickname, this time I will try my first auto outdoor run. I've grown couple of cycles years back, indoor with HPS lamps.

I'm using Canna Bio Terra Plus as medium, only because my grow shop didn't have teh Biobizz All Mix, as I wanted to avoid additional ferts.
BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus is a reduced peat potting blend, the best white peat, coco coir, and organic bases without any materials of an animal origin. Coco coir offers a solution as a sustainable alternative to peat. Combining the exceptional physical properties of high-quality white peat with our highest grade of coco coir has proven to be a solution that provides an ideal substrate for your plant.

On April 23th, I germinated 1 Fastbud's Mexican Airlines and 1 GHS Sweet Mango seeds and I then put them in small pots.

Today, after 1 week from when the seeds came out, this is the Sweet Mango, very nice looking:

001.jpg002.jpg

While the Mexican Airlines it struggling to keep up:

003.jpg

In fact I already soaked another seed, there's no room for weaks! :cool: I already gave 2 waterings with PH'd down water (1st one 6.9, today's one 6.3).

First question: I need to decide the final pots, I have 11 or 25 liters, what's best in your opinion?

Also: I hope the images are correctly displayed, maybe someone can tell me if it's better to upload on this site or use an external service and only put the link?

Photos are fine. I'd pull the trigger on the 25s just case the 11s aren't big enough. In the descriptions for the seeds they seem like they'll be quick to flower though, so it's hard to say really. Hopefully someone has grown these genetics and will chime in.

Photos are fine. I'd pull the trigger on the 25s just case the 11s aren't big enough. In the descriptions for the seeds they seem like they'll be quick to flower though, so it's hard to say really. Hopefully someone has grown these genetics and will chime in.

thanks for the reply! I never grown autos before, my actual plan is to finish the first 2 in 11 lt, then plant other 2 plants at 30-35 days so I can go on till september harvesting every month...next round I'll try the 25 lt pot and see the difference

thanks for the reply! I never grown autos before, my actual plan is to finish the first 2 in 11 lt, then plant other 2 plants at 30-35 days so I can go on till september harvesting every month...next round I'll try the 25 lt pot and see the difference
Good plan.

today we're at day 10 and I found a bad surprise: tonight probably a snail ate half of my beautiful Sweet Mango :eek: I'll have to find a solution for this problem, this night I'll probably put them inside

Here how it looks the Sweet Mango:

and this is the Mexican Airlines, the runt it's not taking off...

In the meanwhile, tomorrow hopefully the Mex Airlines #2 should be born :)

hi all!!

we're at 14 days since the Sweet Mango born, today was transplant day, I moved her to her final 11 lt pot.

Here how her roots looked like before:

and how she looks like after:

In the meanwhile Mexican Airlines #1 it's still a runt and doesn't want to grow, the #2 never born unluckily, so I germinated the 3rd one, let's see if I can make it! :D

Hello, here another update.

Sweet Mango is now 24 days old and loving life, I never grew autos before but I expect her to start flowering soon. Mexican Airlines #3 was born and she's 4 days old, looking good in the background

see you soon! :)

Hi all,

today Sweet Mango Auto, the only survivor so far, is doing pretty well at 34 day, looking like this:

I gave her 5 ml of Plagron Alga Bloom (a friend of mine gave it to me for free), about half the dose.

In the meanwhile I puchased more seeds: Pineapple Express Auto from Fastbuds and Chem Bomb Auto from HSO, I put them in soil on May, 27th and today has been day one for them! Let's see if those 2 will manage to live!

Hello,

all ready for another update! Sweet Mango Auto has now 44 days and she's doing well! She started flowering and stretched a bit. Today, after 2 plain waterings at ph 6.3-6.5, I gave her a second shot of Alga Bloom, a total of 6 ml in 3,5l of water.

She looks like this now:

Chem Bomb Auto from HSO and Pineapple Express Auto from Fastbuds are doing fine too and are today at day 10! Gave them a little water at ph 6.2, here the babies:

Hope you'll like, peace

LordDWC

Hi all,

not much traffic in this thread, still time to another update! I'd like to invite @Hyena Merica and @Dutchman1990 since I loved their threads :love:

Sweet Mango Auto is enjoying life at 53 days looks like this:

she started to fill with sticky and good smelling resin, hope she will go on like this :)

In the meanwhile I transplanted Chem Bomb and Pineapple Express to 11 lt final pots, now they look great:

Looks like that these last 2 girls are less susceptible to be eaten by insects, unlike Sweet Mango, which has few fan leaves eaten but nothing to worry about (I hope!!)

My plan is to pop 2 other seeds in about 10 days, I was thinking about another Pineapple Express, plus I have some Sticky Beast Auto seeds from Zamnesia (Bubble Gum x OG Kush x Critical Auto).

Otherwise, I have access to a free LED lamp, I could buy a 3 ft x 3ft growroom, plant 2 regular green crack seeds, let them grow 1 month into the tent and let them bloom outside....

Back
Top Bottom