1st Soil Tent Grow Journal - 1000HPS - Platinum Kush - SourD - LA Confidential & GDP

Stink Meaner

Hello world and welcome to my 1st grow log! I've been wanting to create my own journal for quite some time now. I’ve read a few of journals and tons of posts on different subjects that I believed applied to my type of grow, but until now I’ve never posted. All comment, suggestions and advice are welcome. Sooo here we go…..

Secret Jardin DR 120 Grow Tent
iPower 1000w Cool Tub Grow Light w/6in reflectors & Digital Dimmable Ballast
Gro 1 6in inline fan
6in Can-Fan Filter
Oscillating fan

What strain is it? 2 Platinum Kush clones, 2 Sour Diesel clones, 2 GDP clones & 1 LA Confidential clone
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg stage
If in Veg... For how long? In our second week
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor/Garage
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 75% FFOF + 25% Perlite
If soil... What size pot? 13 in/4.2 gal
Size of light? 1000w hsp
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 79day/65night
RH of Room/cab? Around 46
PH of media or res? Unknown at the moment
How often are you watering? 2-3 times a week
Type and strength of ferts used? Aurora Innovations – Soul Synthetics Grow & Root Organic Trinity. ¼ strength on the 2nd feeding then eased up ¼ each addition nutes watering.

Re: 1st Soil Tent Grow / Journal — 1000 HPS-Platinum Kush, Sour D, LA Confidential, G

Grow_Room19.jpg
031213171518.jpg
031213171421.jpg
Grow_Room_34_.jpg
Grow_Room_37_.jpg

Re: 1st Soil Tent Grow / Journal — 1000 HPS-Platinum Kush, Sour D, LA Confidential, G

Ok. So… I’m back, my internet got wacked after a small mix up with AT&T over the return of a defective router….. They can’t track the label that they sent me….Whatever.

R.I.P. goes out to those who lost their lives in Boston 2day. Get’em Mr. President!!!!

Thanks to those who stop by the thread. And welcome aboard KJ. My ladies are standing up tall. GDP was giving me a little headache. 1st off I was overly excited to be setup and on the 2nd watering I gave a full strength nutes mix of Soul Synthetics Grow & Root Organic Trinity. Not everyone responded well to the full strength mix. Especially the GDP
Grow_Room_18_.jpg
Grow_Room_14_.jpg

I feel like such a bad parent, but, I guess it gets worse. Did I mention that I was overly excited…. See, what had happen was… with the tent up and standing I went and bought my clones right, but I still needed to hook up the ducting and fan to the light. So I thought it would be ok to sit my babies in the sun on the back deck. Something unknown touched the LA Confidential and only it and hurt my baby. I am a bad parent right? Heres that pic..
Grow_Room_24_.jpg
Grow_Room_26_.jpg

I finally had time to upload my pics. The ladies seem to have adjusted to the light!!! This is our progression from weeks 2-3. the GDP's are growing but looks stressed. As a result they have only been given water thats been ph'd at 6.5

the_story.jpg

the_story_1_.jpg

The PK and Sour D are both reaching for the sky...
the_story_2_.jpg

the_story_3_.jpg

the_story_4_.jpg

the_story_5_.jpg

the_story_6_.jpg

the_story_7_.jpg

the_story_8_.jpg

The LA Con is not far behind them... She still hasnt shaken that nasty discoloration
the_story_9_.jpg

the_story_10_.jpg

the_story_11_.jpg

the_story_12_.jpg

This is the morning after a full does of nutes for everyone except the GDP.. and wha-lah
the_story_13_.jpg

Even the GDP is growing, but still are my shortest plants by far...
the_story_14_.jpg

I was hella amped about the new signs of growth, so I decided to burn a Jay of my personal fav OG Kush w/my morning coffee. About half way thru, I'm stuck..... Just staring at the PK's long side stems , I was blown back by its growth and the OG. I thought about my readings regarding LST'ing and thought what the hell. The lights were going to cut off in less than 5 minutes so I figured I would wait until then. And....

the_story_15_.jpg

the_story_16_.jpg

the_story_17_.jpg

About 15 hours later, a few hours before lights out....

the_story_18_.jpg

the_story_19_.jpg

the_story_20_.jpg

3 days later... Seems to be a success
the_story_21_.jpg

the_story_22_.jpg

the_story_23_.jpg

The GDP's are so short I put them on stools to be closer to the light. They seemed to like that a lot. Now everyone is getting equal light.

the_story_24_.jpg

the_story_25_.jpg

the_story_25_.jpg

the_story_26_.jpg

GDP's loving the light.. Looks like they will be short and bushy
the_story_27_.jpg

the_story_28_.jpg

I love the way the Sour D grows, cant wait....
the_story_29_.jpg

the_story_30_.jpg

the_story_31_.jpg

the_story_32_.jpg

the_story_33_.jpg

the_story_34_.jpg

the_story_35_.jpg

Ok so now we are all caught up...Next I'll be looking into foliar sprays. Any ideal's anyone? Questions, comments or concerns?

Nice set up,I love it.
everything looks just wonderful,looking foward to the havest!

Hope everyone enjoy their 420 with friends. :passitleft: Thanks for stopping by both Scott & Bono, welcome aboard.:byebye:. The girls entered their 4th week of veg this past Thursday. I'm starting to see tons of growth on everyone. The Lst'd PK is getting tall she's just under 2ft tall. About 23inches if I remember correcly. Even the GDP's are looking good and great. An ohhhh the sweet stink they are putting out!!!! I hope these r all signs that I'm doing thing right. I'll post pics 2marrow.

But I want to ask about foliar sprays. I'm interested in using one mixed with neem oil( for pest, i've heard it may increase yield too). I have also been read good things about kelp (helps plants grow fast and increases yield) & Pro-Tekt(provides silica for leaf cell structure). I'm to understand neem & kelp should have been "cold pressed" during processing. This adds to the oils potency & effectiveness.

I'm also to understand that a "wetting agent" or soap is needed. I've been reading lots of mention or eiither "Wet Betty" or " Dr. Bronner's Magic Pure Soaps".

So my questions are...
1) Does this mix sound like it will help my plants?
2) Do any of you guys use foliar sprays? If so what do u use?

Thanks for the response King John. A lil ivory liquid soup u say. I'll give that a try. Tell me this... up to what week should a grower foilar feed?

Just a few pic as week are in the middle of out 4th week if veg.

Week_4_3_3.jpg

The Sour D is looking really nice
Week_4_9_2.jpg

The LST'd PK is..... still growing
Week_4_PST.jpg

Should I flower the GDP's they are so short?
Week_4_4_3.jpg

I plan on cycling over to 12/12 on this upcoming thursday 4/25. Is there anything that i should do (like flushing them) before i began flowering?

flushing the medium would allow the plant to switch over to flowering nutrients faster. for information on foliar feeding you should ask Doc Bud.

Thanks KJ, I'll look him up.

So, after I flush my 4gal pots with the recommended 12gals of water. Damn that sounds like a lot. (Please correct me if thats too much water) How soon after should I began to flower? Do I need to allow a day to recover or what?

Hello everyone...… After a little product research I decide to pick up a 5ml master pack by Aurora Innovations. So I went down to my hydro store and it must have been a good day for them becuz they were giving me price breaks left and right. Master pack sells for $45 I picked it up for $32. Also picked up some dyno-gro neem oil & the clerk threw in a bottle of coco-wet after I mentioned I was going to use Ivory soap.

The first week of blooming went well with the new nutes added in. I learned from my first mistake with nutes and started off with less than a full strength dose and have worked my way up. I have also begun to foliar spray with the neem oil, Extreme Serene and coco wet mix per directions. On the 1st round I nervously sprayed 3 of the 7 ladies. After 24 hrs I sprayed the remaining 4. Got a little yellowing of some leaves but they are bouncing back.

But with all that good new comes some bad. I have begun to see what looks like powdery mildew. DAMN!!!! I’ve moved the plants around for better air flow. I was reading an article called “What the PH@#?!: Deciphering the ups and downs of ph “ in Maximum Yield mag (mar2013). Its suggesting a foliar spray with an high ph (around 8.0), it will kill the mildew spores and help prevent reoccurrence of the disease. Interesting…. Somewhere else in the same mag I read trying 1 part milk and 9 parts water will work as well. May have to segregate 1 of the plants and try. I shall report my findings. Other than that I’m going to have to buy like a thousand different sprays ughhhhh!

I’ll be back with pics tomorrow!

Peace!!!

Hello again. Just wanted to post up the pics I promised. In the meantime I’m blazing some smoothest smoke I’ve ever had. It called Blue Mazar. Its an indicia and a very rare find.

New_033.jpg

So as I said yesterday we’re in our 1st week of bloom. Everyone is stretching out now. The short GDP’s are both about a foot and a half tall but very bushy. I think I may have packed the FFOF to tightly into the pot and this may account for their shortness. I have removed them from their stools for 2 reasons, 1st because they are growing taller and 2nd for better air flow. The 2nd being the most important due to the recent sightings of damned powdery mildew on my precious…..

4-30.jpg

Grow_Room_Week_5_5_.jpg

The tall plants in the above pic are all no shorter that 2 ½ feet. The LA Confidential is around 2ft. The limbs that were LST’s on the PK are stretching out.

Grow_Room_Week_5_7_.jpg

I think we look good but have a few blimishes.

Grow_Room_Week_5_13_.jpg

OK world its getting late and the Blue Mazar is in full effect :tokin: L8r.....

Back
Top Bottom