1st Time Cultivator

i dont have personal experience with the product itself but a while back someone came along and told me that my recently purchased feminized seeds have a 0-20% chance of becoming herm, with this in mind i started researching possible ways to counteract hermies whether pollen sacks or seeds, considering i only bought 1 or 2 seeds of each strain i wanted.

Apparently this product interrupts and eliminates any traces of the male chromosome in a given plant. According to independent resources even clones taken off from a herm plant can be sprayed with the reverse and penetrate to eliminate the possibility of any of the clones or clones of the clones to become herm ever again.

Google shopping has both the reverse and penetrate, try it out, let me know, i have a pineapple express clone that has herm'd out for everyone else that has ever had it before me and i would like to bud it someday lol

i ended up buying the reverse, and looked into the penetrate however when i was reading the description it had nothing to do with the prevention of seed production or the elimination of male genes from the plant.. the reverse did however mention those things... so i will be using that once i get it in the mail.. couldnt find it locally. but ever since i found those first pods and tore them from there homes i have not seen any more development anywhere on the plant, but i continue to spend 30 minds a day to look over the plant in its entirety... if it ever gets too overwhelming i will just transplant this bush outside and just let it do its own thing and keep my fingers crossed...

i'll be taking some pics of bud development when i get home from work. 3rd shift gotta love it! ;)

theres tiny noogets everywhere!!! :morenutes:

Day 16 of 12/12 with
Lots n Lots n Lots of tiny buds =D

IMG_16104.JPG
IMG_16123.JPG
IMG_16133.JPG
IMG_16063.JPG

^^^^^^^^First signs of tricoms on leaves closest to the bud^^^^^^^^^^
IMG_16053.JPG
IMG_16036.JPG
IMG_15984.JPG
IMG_16026.JPG
IMG_16073.JPG
IMG_15975.JPG
IMG_15934.JPG
IMG_15922.JPG
IMG_15915.JPG
IMG_15956.JPG
IMG_15903.JPG
IMG_15964.JPG

Welcome bro I hate to drop the bad news but thats for sure a male an you better get rid of him quick or the pollens going to transfer to your females just a f.y.i...other than that looks awesome...

yeah but the plants predominantly female, and haven't found allot of pollen sacks like you would on a male. there really hard to find but i check every branch and node on the plant every day and remove any forming pods, this plant already has an ounce of tiny wet nugs and this is just the beginning so ireally dont want to lose out on 3-8 ounce dry.. thats allot of bud, even if i do have to pic out a few random seeds. i fig as long as i continue to prune these bitches as soon as i see them without them growing in to fast, i'll be able to minimize if not prevent any seeds, plus im going to try out this folier spray that stop the x chromosomes in the plant from doing what there supposed to so pollen sacs dont grow. so i'll be able to give a review on that, maybe help others out if it works out! we will all find out soon enough.

Nice grow i will stop by you def caught my eye about the hermi and how to try and regulate the sacs i to have a plant that gave me a few pollen sacs i also pulled them and nothing after good luck

ok i managed to set up a secondary flower rm, im still using deep water culture, just used a spare air pump thats a little smaller but should do the trick and im using 2 500w comparative cfl's, one is soft white and the other is warm white. not nearly as much lighting but at least im letting it live and my beautiful 100% female blueberry is safe from dirty pollen sacs.

as a side note i will say i'm very disappointed so far with these dutch passion seeds, not only because one hermed out but because i dont see any blue or purple hues. idk if its too early on in the strain for that or if the rm isnt cold enough at night or im not using enough humes... idk, anyone else ever grow blue/ purple strains got any advice?

wk. 3, day 21 of 12/12

separated the male from the rm and now have it in a separate closet, all you who advised were right about having them separate but i wont be killing the Hermie just prob use that for eatables or hash's.

here's pics of the female loving all the new space.
the buds are starting to fatten up and tricomes are starting to fill in a little but nothing crazy so far... im hoping that i'll get allot of 4g or larger nuts all over the top of the plant with allot of 1/2g-2g nugs around the bottom.
so far there dosent seem to be a whole lot of dankness to this plant at all, if i squeeze a nug then smell it i get a slight funk but nothing noticeable,and my fingers are slightly sticky but im hoping that changes for the better and soon, but idk, its first grow in general and for this strain so we'll see what happens. still got allot to learn!

IMG_16154.JPG

IMG_16215.JPG

IMG_16165.JPG
IMG_16175.JPG
IMG_16193.JPG
IMG_16203.JPG

here's pic of the hermed plant in separate closet.

IMG_16224.JPG
IMG_16235.JPG
IMG_16245.JPG

this plant is definitely going to suffer in quality but it will still be some smoke.

here are pics i found of these two plans when they where just 2 weeks into veg (18/6).

photo85.JPG
photo_1_7.JPG

yes those are 2' warm white t5's but i had the big ass cool white CFL hanging above both of them, so it was kinda more like full spectrum..kinda haha

wk.5 day 28 of 12/12

ok a little update...
the female is really loving all here new leg rm.all the buds are dense as fuck and really startin to put on some weight, also the rm is def developing a funk to it. so ice =)

as far as the hermed out plant that got seperated to a diffent rm, well when i moved it i had used an old air pump i had laying around, well i guess it didnt put out enough psi for the air stone i was using andi was getting no oxegen to the root zone for over 24 hours in a fresh batch of fertalizer ect.. so she started to get root rot quick and bad! so i immediately moved the plant into fresh water for 2 hours then flushed and sat for another 2 hours in fresh water, then air dried the root zone for 2 hours, then fixed the issue with air pump. shaved all of the nasty rotted roots away from healthy roots. (barley a handful of nasty roots removed.)
but unfortunetly the shock had already sunk in, she sorry, IT, is not doing well at all. growing way too slow. i know the lack of lighting doesnt help at all but fuck me check out the difference in bud quality already. hermed plant has absolutly no signs of tric developement whereas the female is covered head to toe in trics.
so i've decided its time to finsih flushing her, sorry, IT, haha, then im just gonna smoke whatever the fuck it is i've grown from this one plant.
its just too far gone, this is a 70+ day strain and now that its slowed (retarded) im not waiting twice as long to get mediocre buds, im just gonna take what i get n smoke the fuck outta it!

wish me luck ;)

the other shit though! ooooo yes, i can not wait! 2 more months of 12/12 and im going to have a fat sticky stinky harvest. well worth the wait i think.
i cant belleive how much nice bud is on this plant and im only 1/3 of the way threw flower.

what you guys think?

IMG_16254.JPG
IMG_16263.JPG
IMG_16274.JPG
IMG_16285.JPG
IMG_16295.JPG
IMG_16295.JPG
IMG_16306.JPG
IMG_16312.JPG
IMG_16323.JPG
IMG_16335.JPG
IMG_16343.JPG
IMG_16355.JPG
IMG_16372.JPG

the IT plant: (look how pathetic it is in comparison to the female.. just sad!! haha)

IMG_16383.JPG
IMG_16393.JPG
IMG_16402.JPG
IMG_16414.JPG

^^^^ thanks! Yeah im pumped, cant wait either!

Sweet setup, and i like the way you handled the hermi. For the growers who only grow a few plants, killing "it" isn't really an option.
Its still going too be good edibles or hash etc.. :thumb:

ok, new issue... now i know when the plant hits a certian stage in the bloom fase, the leaves will start to turn yellow and die off (plant starts sucking all nuts and ferts from leaves)
well the other day i notice my leaves start to turn yellow around bottom of plant, old fan leaves, no big deal. but then this starts to progress around the tops of the plant, on newer leaf growth. leaves turn bright yellow, including veins and all, then start to dry up and get crispy. i thought ph off or over fert. so i flushed and re watered, but still new leaves close to buds ect.. are turning a bright yellow then driying up and diying.
what can this be? is it really just the plant using up the nuts from leaves like normal? or is it something else?

please advise!!

this is a 70+ day strain, dp's blueberry, its currently day 38, wk. 6 of 12/12, would the leaves really be this yellow when theres still 30+ days left to this grow?
tricomes are prob 2-5% milky and all others are still clear.

IMG_16445.JPG
IMG_16478.JPG
IMG_16465.JPG
IMG_16486.JPG
IMG_16496.JPG

Re: Need help!, issues with plant on day 38 of 70 on 12/12

I have not done that strain but it is perfectly normal for the leaves to do that when heading toward the end of flowering.

Is that 70+ days in bloom or for the life cycle from seed? If indeed it is from seed... that would mean that you are under 2 weeks from harvest and the yellowing would be perfectly normal for that time span.

Those are my thoughts on it, maybe someone who has done the strain will know more... cheers!

PS... this is what I found on DP Blueberry:
Our Original Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20% Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970’s. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues, that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. “Blueberry” has a long shelf life.

THC = 19.5%
Flowering period: 8 - 10 weeks
Harvest time outdoor: 2nd - 3rd week of Oct

Now, since you have had them in flower 12/12 for a lil over 6 weeks... you need to prepare yourself to harvest some sweet blueberry ganja :high-five:

Re: Need help!, issues with plant on day 38 of 70 on 12/12

I have not done that strain but it is perfectly normal for the leaves to do that when heading toward the end of flowering.

Is that 70+ days in bloom or for the life cycle from seed? If indeed it is from seed... that would mean that you are under 2 weeks from harvest and the yellowing would be perfectly normal for that time span.

Those are my thoughts on it, maybe someone who has done the strain will know more... cheers!

PS... this is what I found on DP Blueberry:
Our Original Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20% Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970's. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues, that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. "Blueberry" has a long shelf life.

THC = 19.5%
Flowering period: 8 - 10 weeks
Harvest time outdoor: 2nd - 3rd week of Oct

Now, since you have had them in flower 12/12 for a lil over 6 weeks... you need to prepare yourself to harvest some sweet blueberry ganja :high-five:

thanks for the info!!!! i def take it as good news =)

Wow, she's looking nice and fat! I wouldn't worry about the yellow leaves, your in the home stretch. I had five mothers flowering now four and two of them are covered with yellow leaves. I noticed that my clones don't do that, so i'm guessing it does have something to do with the age of the plant.

So how much is this plant going to yield? I'm going to guess 3-4oz?... :popcorn::peace:

Wow, she's looking nice and fat! I wouldn't worry about the yellow leaves, your in the home stretch. I had five mothers flowering now four and two of them are covered with yellow leaves. I noticed that my clones don't do that, so i'm guessing it does have something to do with the age of the plant.

So how much is this plant going to yield? I'm going to guess 3-4oz?... :popcorn::peace:

thanks i appreciate it, yeah i wasnt sure what the deal was, because when i read 70+ day strain, i figured from start of flower, because you could veg a plant as long as you want depending on how large you want it to grow... so i started 70+ day count at end of veg cycle, which for me was 6 weeks. but now that i heard from captain kronic, i rethought it and do agree with the 70+ being the total life cycle.. but its not an auto flower so that does kinda confuse me!, due to fact i control light cycle and thus when plant starts flower. ect... but this is my first grow and i have tuns to learn yet!

yeah 2-4 oz dried was my goal for each plant and if i hit that mark i will be jumpin threw the roof haha... cant wait! first harvest and the buds are looking sticky =)

thanks for all the kind words and support guys! you know who you are!!!

until the next up date,... stay high ;) :bong:

I cant wait to see how my little girl dose in the next few weeks. You all make it alitttle better for fist time growers. Much respect. ;) one for the road

hey guys! sorry about dropping off there things got real crazy real quick with work and my car needing a motor rebuild i just completely forgot to post.

i ended up yielding an ounce from the hermed out plant it was crap, it smelled like hey even after curing for 2 months. and i cured both plants the same way, i didnt let them dry out fast and i controlled humidity in the rm/ box that it was curing in it was just crap bud. but i smoked that shit anyways haha.

now for the female plant the bud was good, not the greatest because a few parts of the plant did get fertilized so the plant started to take its energys to develop seeds instead of thc. but it was still some dank shit! i got 2.5 ounces out of that so for my first grow im not complaining at all, im still smokin on this stuff but its def past time to have a 2nd grow going.

next time i will have a much more detailed journal with more consistent posts and pic/ vids.

thanks for everyone who helped out and followed along. until the next grow =)

heres some pics from harvest:

IMG_16614.JPG
IMG_16625.JPG
IMG_16654.JPG
IMG_16595.JPG
IMG_16635.JPG
IMG_16605.JPG
IMG_16576.JPG
IMG_16583.JPG
IMG_16565.JPG
IMG_16508.JPG
IMG_16518.JPG
IMG_16528.JPG
IMG_16555.JPG
IMG_16547.JPG
IMG_16539.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom