1st time grower - Are these male or female?

CherryKitty

Rebel Rebel
You've got your mother in a whirl 'cause she's
Not sure if you're a boy or a girl

Gifted with two plants, growing outdoors in Earthboxes, plants are around 3.5' tall.
Confused as to what sex they actually are, please help identify Green + Blue. Thanks!

Team_Green.jpg
Team_Blue_.jpg

Thanks for confirming what I had suspected, sad as I am to get the news.

FWIW, I got them when they were very young from an experienced grower; no telling at that stage.
Despite providing a very female empowering environment and many girl power encouragements, they are true boys and just born that way.
Sigh.....

Hi CherryKitty :welcome: Love the musical references :goodjob:

You can still smoke the male flowers :tokin: Better than nothing! :goodluck: Male flowers. Smokable?

Ed Rosenthal said:
Male flowers take about two weeks to mature, from the time they are first visible as tiny knob-like buds. New flowers continue to appear for several weeks.

When male flowers open and are about to release pollen, they reach their maximum potency. Since all flowers do not mature at the same time, for maximum potency the plants should be harvested after the first few flowers have opened.

Male flowers actually make up little of the total weight of the harvest, and few new leaves form once flowering begins. There is no significant loss in either potency or yield if the male is harvested before its flowers open.

Thanks for the info Richard. I really hate pulling up and tossing these nice plants after nurturing them. I think I will be making cannabutter with them, I have had success doing that with some weak weed before. Waste not want not!
:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom