1st Time Grower Box Build - 1st Clones And New Grow - Maui Wowie - GDP - LA Kush

There is a local soil here. It's called Earthgro. It's an all organic mix that contains .....

- Peat
- composted forest products
- sand

I also found Black Forest Compost on sale. It looks to be another all organic mix that contains .....

- compost
- forest humus
- worm castings
- Chicken poop
- bat guano
- kelp meal
- oyster shell
- dolomite
- lime
- mycorrhizae

I used 2 cubic feet of the Earthgro dirt and mixed it with 1.5 cubic feet of the black forest compost. Then, I added about 1 cubic feet of perlite to help break it up. I mixed it all up in my wheel barrel and put it into a plastic garbage can (with no lid) to use as needed.

The nutes I'm using is Moterey Fish and Guano. I picked it up at Homedepot. It's something like 11 N / 6 P / 2 K (I think).

So today, I went to the local hydro shop and bought a Rapitest PH meter. I checked my water/fish/kelp/poop mixture and it was at 5.7 .... then I checked my soil (3 times) and it was 6.5

I did alot of research before I attempted to grow. I like to think I have all the bases covered, but then once you get them in the dirt. It seems like I don't have nearly enough info. But, so far I've been really lucky.

Seems too ......

When you turn it on, it goes to 7. Then, when you test with it, it will change. If it stays at 7, then there are issues with something. If it is actually reading, it will fluctuate up and down a little bit (I.E. 7.2-7.4). Not sure how calibrated it is. But, it's still better than guessing.

Day 11,

It was time to water the girls today. They are looking really good. Still giving them each a gallon of water that is mixed with fish/kelp/guano ferts. They really like it too. They've grown several inches just in the last coupel days. Almost all the pale green color is gone. The only parts that look pale are the veins that run up the middle of the leaves, but those are slowly darkening up properly. All the new groth is a beautiful dark green like they are supposed to be. PH is still perfect, both in the water and the soil.

Here's how they look today ...................

Grow310.JPG

The Maui Wowie is doing really good. It's getting tall enough to start Scrogging. I tried to bend over the main stem, but there is just not enough branching yet for it to stay in place. This time next week, it should be able to start bending over that main stem .............

14th_Maui.JPG

The GDP is really starting to spread out. There is lots of new growth popping out. It seems to want to bush more than grow UP. But, I'm ok with that. I have high hopes for the GDP.

14th_GDP.JPG

The LA Kush is deffinitely up to par with the rest. It's up and over the netting now and seems to be really taking off ...............

14th_LA_Kush.JPG

I tried to make a watering machine. I took a five gallon bucket and put an electric pond pump in there. I attached the pump to a garden hose with a watering wand. Unfortunately, the pump is a piece of crap and just won't pump enough. I'll have to go find a bigger pump to use. I'm thinking about a 12v bilge pump for a boat. They pump much better.

Not much else to tell. Just watering and waiting ..... watering and waiting ...... etc. etc.

I've come to realize that getting the excess water out of the drip trays is one huge pain in the ass. It's easy for me to lift the pot and dump the pan ..... right now. But, as soon as those ladies get tangled up in my Scrog scree, that will become impossible. I looked at the hydro store and considered just getting a 2x4 hydro pan. But, I really don't want to spend 70-100 dollars for a simple drip tray.

I do have a hand pump that can suck most of the water out. But, I end up with water on the floor and I get that stinky poopie water that I use all over my shoe when I hold the pump with my foot as I hold the hose with my free hand.

Any ideas??

Now the cat tray is a damn good idea. I can easily put a fitting on it with a hose for draining.

Wouldn't be able to get the big hose in there. It's not so bad right now. But, if I put 6 or 8 plants in there, it would become an issue. I think I'll use the cat litter boxes and put in a drain so I can just run a hose out through the bottom of the box and over to the floor drain. That way, I don't even need to bother worry about how much run off I get and won't have water sitting in the bottom of the box.

The good news is ..... today when I checked on them, the GDP is finally getting taller and is actaully touching the screen.

What if you covered the pallet with some plastic and put some shims on one side to create a slight angle. Then you could collect and dispose of there or I think you mentioned a floor drain maybe route it there some how. Just a thought.

I plan on vegging until the screen is about 75-80%. Not really too concerned about how many days that is. When it gets to about 75%, I'll flip it to 12/12. If the Maui Wowie gets out of control (mostly Sativa) I may have to flip it sooner. But, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I could probably flip it right now if I wanted too. But, I'm in no hurry for a harvest so I'll just take me time.

Now, if it was harder to get weed to smoke, it might be a different story.

Yeah that's for sure. This is much more fun that I though it would be.

Do both of you smoke weed? My wife doesn't smoke.

Back
Top Bottom