Palm's 1st Indoor CFL Box Grow

i'm planning on starting a grow with a similar setup, subbed along for the ride so i know what to expect. good luck to your beautiful girls!

Nice, lmk if you start a journal on it! and thanks bro I got my boy bringing me some cardboard boxes to make a bigger grow box today, plus I just topped the plants! Will be posting 3rd week update tomorrow. ..

looking forward to the post, where did you get your mylar from? i'm looking for some and can't seem to find it in my area.

I just used the old mylar windshield sunshade for my car! But i actually just stripped most of that out and painted the insides of the box with white paint to keep it from overheating in there. .
but you should be able to get a windshield cover from the dollar store.

Whatup bros. Today is week 3! .
So today I switch from 24/0 to 18/6. They haven't gotten any sleep since sprouting, but you can def see how far they've come. Next week I might switch to 12/12.
Yesterday, I LSTd and topped em. One of them I sloppily ripped off with my dirty fingers, the other I neatly clipped with sterile scissors. Let's see what happens next.
Thing 1 def looks malnourished.
420-magazine-mobile890614231.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1533863226.jpg

See those bottom leaves? They're YELLOWING and SPOTTING...Wtf!
420-magazine-mobile1736730373.jpg

Don't know what's wrong... started feeding nutrients during week 1. Could be Ph, nutrient lock-out? Overwatering, underwatering, magnesium deficiency? IDK! .
On the other hand, Thing 2 is looking absolutely gorgeous! .
420-magazine-mobile1217262162.jpg

Leaves full of green. No obvious deficiencies. And growing FAST!
420-magazine-mobile1789709643.jpg

Look at those leafy armpits! .
420-magazine-mobile1279996069.jpg

Hey there! Saw you on Leo's thread & decided to check it out... One gigantic suggestion... get proper soil~ looks like your soil is the same crap I got starting out ... with all those wood chips & pulp in it. It definitely gave me problems. The wood chips impede the freedom the roots need & also keeps the soil from drying out properly. My girls still grew, but I'm convinced they were stunted because as soon as I got them in different soil they took off like crazy and are much happier. I didn't completely read your help threads, but I the soil could be your culprit. Happy greens & Good luck fellow newby!

Hey there! Saw you on Leo's thread & decided to check it out... One gigantic suggestion... get proper soil~ looks like your soil is the same crap I got starting out ... with all those wood chips & pulp in it. It definitely gave me problems. The wood chips impede the freedom the roots need & also keeps the soil from drying out properly. My girls still grew, but I'm convinced they were stunted because as soon as I got them in different soil they took off like crazy and are much happier. I didn't completely read your help threads, but I the soil could be your culprit. Happy greens & Good luck fellow newby!

that's exactly what I was thinking lol I told myself I'd use Fox Farms for my next grow. I feel totally bamboozled for getting this wood chip crap lol thanks for your advice bud it all helps.

And be careful with nutes as all soil has some nutes that should last you a bit. Besides some calmag, I have yet to feed anyone real nutrients. My big girl got nute burn from the woody soil & I had never fed her. The fox farm will have enough for awhile for sure... it's been a couple (i think) weeks & they're happy happy.

Sorry to keep posting on your thread, I keep hitting send & then think of something else... lol

If they're not autos I would change the soil next time you up pot. I truly believe you will happier & even more excited for the next grow. I haven't even hit flowering stage yet but I believe the overall health of my plants are waaaay better than if I left em in the wood pile. And lastly... I have that bacon duct tape... I ♡ bacon!
Okay, I think that's it!

Sorry to keep posting on your thread, I keep hitting send & then think of something else... lol

If they're not autos I would change the soil next time you up pot. I truly believe you will happier & even more excited for the next grow. I haven't even hit flowering stage yet but I believe the overall health of my plants are waaaay better than if I left em in the wood pile. And lastly... I have that bacon duct tape... I ♡ bacon!
Okay, I think that's it! ...

Haha no problem bro I really appreciate your input! My next grow I will be using FF for sure. And as far as nutes, I had brewed some granulated All-Purpose Organic Alaska fertilizer with RO water and fed that to them two days ago, plus I spread additional pellets over the soil at Week 1. I'll probably give them another nute dosage next week. But since then, the new growth on Thing 1 have been healthy green and very lush, compared to the yellowing, crisp older leaves that I just recently picked off. Thing 2 hasn't gave me any issues at all and is growing beautifully!

And me and the bacon tape go way back lol I've been waiting forever to put it to good use. .

Yesterday i did a lil more LST and topping to both, trying to get as much bushiness as possible.
420-magazine-mobile285884310.jpg

Thing 1 has greener, more lush leaves.
420-magazine-mobile977929122.jpg

Thing 2 has thicker growth.
420-magazine-mobile1510078236.jpg

Look how much those new shoots have grown since topping 4 days ago!
420-magazine-mobile1457034109.jpg

Next update on Friday

Lets just say last night was some of the best sleep of my life lol.
Happy 4/21 .. aka week 4!
I watered them today and noticed a couple things that need clarification.
420-magazine-mobile852391227.jpg

Thing 2 def looks droopy . and has a few leaves showing spots.
420-magazine-mobile285451567.jpg

420-magazine-mobile441320107.jpg

Not good. Wonder what it could be.
420-magazine-mobile384457898.jpg

and I think this one is a male .
420-magazine-mobile1246090427.jpg

420-magazine-mobile859905358.jpg

What u guys think?

I know you'll get the help you need~ Leo posted a couple charts on my thread you should check out, but in my humble opinion~ get them into better soil asap! I know you said next grow, but I swear an $18 bag of fox farms has made THE biggest difference for my gals! They have rewarded me with so much thanks~ let us know if you figured it out~

Back
Top Bottom