First Indoor Grow

Couldn't stop myself after I've seen yellowing at the bottom leaves and sprayed worm casting tea extract two days ago.And I did it while the lights are on and the plants spent more then three hours under the lights.
I'm not sure if this is because of lights or because of worm casting tea extract burnt but the result is this.
The upper leaves are OK will it be enough for photosynthesis ?
DSCF03334.jpg
DSCF03324.jpg
DSCF03314.jpg
DSCF03305.jpg

OK, something's definitely wrong here. It's usually good to spray just b4 light-out to avoid burn. But this is CFLs, so that's probably not the problem. Mind if I call in some help?

I will appreciate it,thanks a lot
Spraying the leaves with plain water before the lights off,maybe this will help to flush herself a bit quicker ???

I'd go with more than a 1/2" on the EWC. Maybe 1-2". It can only help the cause. Being home grown EWC means you'll boost the soil health with every watering. I know little about bottled nutes, but I'd be inclined to go gently at first until you're sure the challenge with the leaves isn't accelerating.

It's still growing and maturing. That's a good thing.

My 1st impression is N-def. I'd flush w/2-3x the volume of water and then let it dry out well. Then feed 1/4-1/2-strength nutes. But b4 you do that, hang on. The cavalry is on the way!

Yeap they didn't leave me out in the cold ...
Btw,I agree flushing is a good idea.
Thanks for all the help :peace:

First. Don't panic. This is the bottom of one of my girls, 17 days into flower. It happened overnight.
She went on to give a really nice yield. She continued to drop leaves until harvest.

20140603_002027-1.jpg

Mine is 30 days into flower,guessing I passed the half way.Fool me couldn't stop myself spraying although I knew N deficiency is normal at this stage,but I wasn't expecting that result either.
I am not in panic yet,the buds are OK but you put my mind at rest by telling you've got a nice yield after all,thanks mate :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your pictures from3 days ago look really good. That is a lot of damage in 2 days. Only thing I can think of affecting that much of the plant that fast is the foliar feeding you did. Did you only spray the bottom leaves to avoid the buds?

Yeap I've did as you mentioned,only the bottom leaves.If I have to be clear half of the plant.Will you suggest me to flush too ???

I'd go with more than a 1/2" on the EWC. Maybe 1-2". It can only help the cause. Being home grown EWC means you'll boost the soil health with every watering. I know little about bottled nutes, but I'd be inclined to go gently at first until you're sure the challenge with the leaves isn't accelerating.

It's still growing and maturing. That's a good thing.

EWC refers to Earth Worm Castings ??? I've set up a worm farm last september and I've got some in hand.
I was planning to use it for outdoor grow,but if you think that'll help why not to use it for this one too.I also started to brew stinging nettle tea just three days ago but it will be ready at least two weeks later.Won't you suggest flushing before adding EWC ?
Thanks for the tips mate,much appreciated :peace:

I have no experience with chemicals, so flushing is foreign to me. I grow in living organic soil. What I do know is the Earthworm castings will do much to help the soil which will benefit the plant. The stinging nettle tea is a tremendous idea. Well done.

If it's taking so long it's likely being done as a concoction, outdoors. You end up with fertilizer. Very potent fertilizer. You don't get much better than stinging nettle.

Hey Seraphoguz.....Ranger posted on my journal that you are in need of assistance....:)......i ahve to agree with Ranger on the flush.......but dont put the nutes in until she dries from the flush:).....i just had an issue with one of mine and a buddy suggested to flush and once dry enough feed with just your base nutes.....ie......grow, micro, bloom.......at 50% strength.......then wait for her to tell you what she wants next.....it is working good for me so far and she is 18 days into 12/12.......hopefully some of the members from my journal will come over and confirm but i also agree with Ranger that it is a nitrogen deficiency...........sorry i cant be of more help but i am still in the learning stages to with deficiencies:).......anyway....i will add this journal to the many i am subd to already:)....Have a great day:)

I have no experience with chemicals, so flushing is foreign to me. I grow in living organic soil. What I do know is the Earthworm castings will do much to help the soil which will benefit the plant. The stinging nettle tea is a tremendous idea. Well done.

The nutes I'm using is organic bottled nutes from GO and the worm tea I've sprayed was also bottled worm tea extract from the same company.I know people who seriously grow organic doesn't accept these bottled nutes as organic which I also agree.As I said before I've set up a worm farm last september and didn't use it till yesterday.After reading the posts,I added a layer about an inch to top.Next time I'll use a real worm casting tea but not for this one.I couldn't dare to spray her one more time whatever the reason was :peace:

Two weeks for nettle tea? This makes me very curious.
What is the goal of long brewed tea? Trichoderma?

That's the only way I know,sure there must be other ways too.
Cut the fresh stinging nettles about their half length.And fill a bucket (with a lid cause they'll smell really bad) with a ratio about half kg fresh stinging nettles to 4,5 liter water (rain water without chloroform will be perfect) Let it sit for two to three weeks in a shaded place according to temperatures,less heat means more time to be ready.Stir it for a few minutes everyday for aeration.Look at the bubbles at the top layer,if they're gone then your tea is ready.Filter it to a jar or something like that.Dilute 1/10 for soil and 1/20 for foliar spray.

Hey Seraphoguz.....Ranger posted on my journal that you are in need of assistance....:)......i ahve to agree with Ranger on the flush.......but dont put the nutes in until she dries from the flush:).....i just had an issue with one of mine and a buddy suggested to flush and once dry enough feed with just your base nutes.....ie......grow, micro, bloom.......at 50% strength.......then wait for her to tell you what she wants next.....it is working good for me so far and she is 18 days into 12/12.......hopefully some of the members from my journal will come over and confirm but i also agree with Ranger that it is a nitrogen deficiency...........sorry i cant be of more help but i am still in the learning stages to with deficiencies:).......anyway....i will add this journal to the many i am subd to already:)....Have a great day:)

Thanks mate,I started some action already before reading your post :cheesygrinsmiley:
I did the same but the only difference was I added EWC about an inch to top.Now waiting it to dry but I guess it will take a little bit longer due to top layer.I've lost the bottom leaves for sure but the upper leaves look OK to me except N deficiency.Will share some photos as quickly as possible

The last pictures as I promised,half of it burned and the other half with N deficiency.Whatever I've got only one so I love her.
After that I'll continue with the tiny babies on the back.I've put nine sprouts directly under 12/12 about a week ago.They're not growing fast,just trying another grow before outdoor.I have limited space and lights so I'll transplant them to 2 liter pots.Live and learn :cheesygrinsmiley:
For my outdoor grow,mostly inspired from an Italian guy (conradino23) and I began to ammend my soil from november and planning to continue till to april.I've placed thick cardboards at the bottom of my seed beds and added sackful goat manures,grass clippings,wood chips and mixed it with dirt.From time to time I was adding egg shell powder,banana peel powder and more manure.Added quite a lot fresh stinging nettles last week and mixed it with a shovel.I also added some leonardit too.Looking for comfrey and horsetail to my mixture but so hard to find in my area,I've found seeds but not sure if they can mature here.Searching about some companion plants like borage,crimson clover,etc.
I'm not sure if I will try indoor again,it's like a nightmare.
DSCF03404.jpg
DSCF03364.jpg
DSCF03353.jpg

Back
Top Bottom