First Indoor Grow

Howdy seraphoguz,
I think you're doing great. You're absolutely right, growing outdoors is much easier because Simple is the better. I've grown outside both urban and ex- and even w/all the vagaries it's still easier than my recent adventure in a SpaceBucket.

Wish I could help w/light problem, but not my area of expertise. You've probably already thought of this, but a VScrOG might really make the most of this unique space/shape.
Best of luck.

Hi seraphoguz ,

I am on my first grow too, so not sure if I am any help. I am using the following light setup indoors. I love your setup. I wish I had access to a space like that myself. I am using a 4' x 8' of milar cut into equal sizes so the foot print is 2'x2'x4' or 16 cubic feet. Basically a small fridge.

I started off with 2 incandescent grow bulbs that were way to hot for my grow space. I ended up pulled them out and using 2 x 105 watt 5500's with 1 x 65 watt 2700 bulb for vegging, and then added one more 1 x 65 watt grow bulb now that I have started to flower. I am at 340 real watts and 17,800 lumes for 1 indoor plant. Here is a series of it over the last few weeks.

IMG_180219.JPG
IMG_186419.JPG

Has turned into this in 6 weeks or so
IMG_221713.JPG

Now with flowering stage,

IMG_22208.JPG
IMG_221215.JPG

Howdy seraphoguz,
I think you're doing great. You're absolutely right, growing outdoors is much easier because Simple is the better. I've grown outside both urban and ex- and even w/all the vagaries it's still easier than my recent adventure in a SpaceBucket.

Wish I could help w/light problem, but not my area of expertise. You've probably already thought of this, but a VScrOG might really make the most of this unique space/shape.
Best of luck.

Thanks,much appreciated :peace:
I'm not sure if I can handle that method properly but you've encouraged me just by just noticing

Hi seraphoguz ,

I am on my first grow too, so not sure if I am any help. I am using the following light setup indoors. I love your setup. I wish I had access to a space like that myself. I am using a 4' x 8' of milar cut into equal sizes so the foot print is 2'x2'x4' or 16 cubic feet. Basically a small fridge.

I started off with 2 incandescent grow bulbs that were way to hot for my grow space. I ended up pulled them out and using 2 x 105 watt 5500's with 1 x 65 watt 2700 bulb for vegging, and then added one more 1 x 65 watt grow bulb now that I have started to flower. I am at 340 real watts and 17,800 lumes for 1 indoor plant. Here is a series of it over the last few weeks.
Looks so healty and green mate,are you doing a journal with this lady ?
And comparing to my lights,you're shining all the world there :cheesygrinsmiley:
I've never seen 340 actual watts for one flower before but seems to be doing great.
I am confused about the bulbs in your first photo,the ones at the front,what kind of CFLs are they ? Looks like household LED bulbs rather then CFL.
And how can you control the heat with these two 100Ws,I don't know what I'll do when I switch to 12/12 with 2700K warm lights.Because of heat,now I'm using a bigger fan but I've noticed that although it's not aimed directly to the plant,the leaves are losing all their water.If I'll stop it or use a smaller one,the heat is going out of control.Whatever,you're doing great there and I wish you'll have a great yield either :peace:

I guess I find the ideal conditions for my place :)
Only two 65Ws inside the hood are on about 8 inches far above
16 inches oscillating fan directed to the lamps and oscillating either
Temperature is 22 c or in other words 71,5 f
And the humidity is fixed to 68
That's cool for now

Hi,

Yes, I have a grow journal, I am still figuring out where to put avatars and links to stuff here.

Akisunni Indoor Cold & Hot Grow Zones

The two lights in the first image didnt last long before I replaced with all CFL. They were old 1970's incandescent grow bulbs. They generated way to much heat, and very little light. But they were all I had to plug in to start with on the day I brought the clones home.

I have two grow spaces both in flower currently, the temps changed to cold here, so I moved two outdoor grow buckets in doors last night and they took over my veg space for clones. So my Veg & Flower step is now flower & flower. I had to steal one of the 105 watt bulbs out of the single plant space, and give it to the new flower space to give them more lumes.

The space in the pictures above is built in a garage with a cold slab non insulated. I drilled holes at the bottom of the space and at the top. The space is passively cooled with no fans. While it gets 80+ at canopy, just under that, its about 60's. I just grabbed the remote data source I use for monitoring the plants when I am away. (ya its web based).

Temperature: 16 °C / 60.8 °F / 289.2 K
Soil: 903
Humidity: 24 %
Dew: -4.5 °C / 23.9 °F / 268.7 K

The two grow spaces are built so that CO2 rains down on the plant(s) from the top. If anything, I would guess that has been the biggest impact on this grow.

Fımmed two of them and topped the other two.
I did it a little bit earlier according to my schedule but the fifth nodes began to grow and I couldn't stop myself doing that.
The nodes were incredible short that I could hardly fimmed the best two.I'm not sure if I did it properly.
And I also changed my lighting schedule from 24/0 to 18/6 after 2,5 weeks and planning to go another 2,5 weeks like that.
And will switch to 12/12 then.I know five weeks veg is not ideal if you're beginning from seed.I will wait if the plants look like they need more time.
Day 20 now and I want to share some photos .They don't look healty,what do you think ?
You can notice the yellowing at the first set of leaves,after I noticed that I turned of the two 65Ws and instead put on the 45Ws.
I transplanted them from 250 ml (8,5 oz) solo cups to 1,7 lt pots 12 days ago and they seem growing so slowly to me.
Maybe this is because of they're growing horizantal more then vertical.I'm not using 2700K all my bulbs are 6500K.

DSC047343.jpg
DSC047334.jpg
DSC047322.jpg
DSC047312.jpg
DSC047303.jpg

I wouldnt turn off lights. As they grow, they need more lumes equivs. Maybe raise the lights a little. Maybe add some spectrum. My current grow space has 6500, 5500, and 2700 CFLS. I think plants like more of everything vs less of one thing, just my opinion.

They look beautiful to me.

And thanks for Subbing... Lets Do This. CFL for Buds Bro's...

Look hungry to me.

Do they ??
I'm using General Organics,BioThrive Two-Part Organic Soil Nutrient that has 3-1-6 NPK for veg.And I began to use it after day 10.In order to be clear,mixed 1,5 ml to a liter and gave 250 ml to each pots(each one is 1,7 liter) on a 3 day schedule.So I watered three times from day 10 till to now,the last feeding was only plain water.And feed once with worm casting extract as a foliar spray.And besides I'm using blackstrap molasses with nutrients one teaspoon per liter.
If any signs of quick grow seen I'll transplant them to larger pots but it's so slow I guess.
Thanks for the advice,I'll think of it

I wouldnt turn off lights. As they grow, they need more lumes equivs. Maybe raise the lights a little. Maybe add some spectrum. My current grow space has 6500, 5500, and 2700 CFLS. I think plants like more of everything vs less of one thing, just my opinion.

They look beautiful to me.

And thanks for Subbing... Lets Do This. CFL for Buds Bro's...

Listen your advice and added two 26W 2700K beside the two 6500K 45Ws.
In fact as I've written in the beginning of the journal I was planning to use 362W in total for the plants in 3x2:6 ft square
Now I'm going with the spare seedlings but before that the first four seedlings had sunburnt under 310W I guess.
After 8 inches the CFLs aren't effective so that's why I turned of the bulbs.

I've tried with that seeds outdoor last year,some photos below

DSC043444.jpg

DSC043464.jpg

As you can notice the ones that I'm growing now looks like more indica then sativa.Maybe I did something terribely wrong that the structure of the leaves deformed in that way :cheesygrinsmiley:
Don't have any clue about it but I guess if I'll put on all my bulbs again (310W),it will end with bleached leaves

CFLs still work at distances above 8 inches, they just loose their strength at the inverse square rule, or something like that... ie the power of their light decays quickly with distance, but they still provide some light at higher distances. You can raise the lights, increase the number of bulbs and then watch to see if the plant stretches or grows denser... or at least that is how I understand it. :volcano-smiley:

Inverse Square Law for Light and Hydroponics | Epic Gardening

Aki

Ok then,I can only increase to 272W for today but will go on with 362W tomorrow.
I'll have change the set up a little bit for more.
What's your advice for the total amount of the lights during veg in 6ft square ???

I continuously added new CFL to my grow, over its first month plus at an average of one 65 watt equiv per week. I don't think you have to rush the max CFL watts at this stage. As the girls put on some weight, give them more lumens.

I have two flower zones each running about 300 real watts of CFL or with an extra 75 watts of DYI LEDs for adult sized plants. I am currently building a new seed & clone zone since my designated Veg space is now a second flower zone.

The new clone & seed area will use about 50-70 watts max. However, the plants will be close to the lights. Its actually inside of my formal credenza from my matching desk setup in the office. Its designed for a large tower computer to sit inside of. Its well ventilated, with a stable background indoor temp. Its 24 inches deep, 24 inches tall, and 12 inches wide. I can let the plants stretch to their first lights and then re-pot them into their primary grow containers for the flower space.

I figure an office credenza is a perfect place to put clones and fresh seeds. Its also about 3 ft away from this monitor. :)

I continuously added new CFL to my grow, over its first month plus at an average of one 65 watt equiv per week. I don't think you have to rush the max CFL watts at this stage. As the girls put on some weight, give them more lumens.

I have two flower zones each running about 300 real watts of CFL or with an extra 75 watts of DYI LEDs for adult sized plants. I am currently building a new seed & clone zone since my designated Veg space is now a second flower zone.

The new clone & seed area will use about 50-70 watts max. However, the plants will be close to the lights. Its actually inside of my formal credenza from my matching desk setup in the office. Its designed for a large tower computer to sit inside of. Its well ventilated, with a stable background indoor temp. Its 24 inches deep, 24 inches tall, and 12 inches wide. I can let the plants stretch to their first lights and then re-pot them into their primary grow containers for the flower space.

I figure an office credenza is a perfect place to put clones and fresh seeds. Its also about 3 ft away from this monitor. :)

Love that new clone&seed area,good conditions for basic issues such as ventilation and temperature.
So what I understand is to keep that 142W for now.
I hope they'll put on weight quicker then I'll add more bulbs.Maybe it's just because they're some unknown bagseeds and they're doing their best indoors.
I thought it's a good idea to begin with bagseeds for the first time but maybe I'm wrong.
Thanks for the inputs :peace:

Hey we are on the same journey, I just started two bag seeds to learn with myself. I have always tried to grow clones and then had to abandon the grows. Now that its legal and this is my medicine, I am approaching it like anything else I do. With way to much energy...

Here is the new clone grow zone. It has 2 x 9 watt bulbs in 2700 and 1 x 13 watt 6500. Currently. That will scale up as the plants get used to being in here.

IMG_23357.JPG
IMG_23365.JPG
IMG_23378.JPG
IMG_23386.JPG
IMG_23397.JPG

As they get used to lights, I will up this with 2x23 watts of 6500 I am about to pull out of the Emergency flower zone, which is about to get 2 x 65 watt of 2700 to increase its red shift for bud growth in 36/12 zone. The extra 46 watts 6500 will be perfect in the clone zone once I make the shift.

I begin to think that the main problem is the soil that I'm using.All the others maybe secondary I guess,like lights,humidity or PH.
I didn't make my own soil or bought a proper growing soil especially made for cannabis.It was a regular potting soil labeled as ''Verve'' and ammended with micro elements,no mention of NPK values or PH levels.
I only added egg shell powdery and banana peel powdery and besides mixed %50 pumice stone instead of perlite.I was planning to support the grow with bottled nutes.
I am not sure this is a good plan now.
The hydroshop here have only Biobizz Light/All Mix and Biobiz Coco Mix in hand.Do I have to start again from the beginning which will cost me 24 days or just add one of the Biobizz mixes on the next transplant,what will be your suggestions ?
Sharing photos below,they look pretty weird I know.Stunted growth still going on so yesterday I added two 26W 2700K bulbs in order to strecth them a little bit.I feeded them with nutes on the last two waterings and due to unknown PH added a little bit egg shell powdery to the top of the soil.
I'll have to buy a PH meter immediately if I'm doing indoor

DSC047403.jpg
DSC047393.jpg
DSC047384.jpg
DSC047364.jpg

When or in which node can I FIM the new tops after topping ?
I got two topped and I decided to FIM them before flowering.
Can we switch to FIM on the new two stems after topping and at which node if I have to ask in the quickest way?

Back
Top Bottom