A Beginners Journal - 250W HPS - Indoor - Soil In Wardrobe - Advice Welcome!

Party? sounds nice! I hope i have her ready to smoke arround Christmas.

Today i have just a few questions. As you can see at the Pic below, first Pistins are starting to turn Purple/Orange. That of course means it´s getting closer to harvest time. when is it recommended to start with flushing? How much Time you think is left to let her grow? Will her Buds start to fatten up now? Or did they have reached there final size by now? There is overall like 5% max coloured Pistins at the Moment

IMG_20161110_021209393_1_.jpg

My only advice would be you should consider starting your seedlings in a smaller pot, a solo cup works well. Some of your leaves look wrinkled, which is most likely from a root problem. Maybe poor drainage, which could be improved by mixing some perlite in with your soil. However a large contain can also give seedlings roots problems. Your soil will stay wet, and the plant won't be able to drink up enough of the water, which prevents oxygen from getting into the soil and to the roots.

other than that it looks good!

Party? sounds nice! I hope i have her ready to smoke arround Christmas.

Today i have just a few questions. As you can see at the Pic below, first Pistins are starting to turn Purple/Orange. That of course means it´s getting closer to harvest time. when is it recommended to start with flushing? How much Time you think is left to let her grow? Will her Buds start to fatten up now? Or did they have reached there final size by now? There is overall like 5% max coloured Pistins at the Moment

It depends on what high you want. Also,you see the frosty leaves?They are trichomes. When they go milky,is when you start thinking about harvest. If you have a magnifying glass,it is easy to look at them.:Namaste:
I think they will fatten up a bit more.:cheer:

It doesn't always matter the color of pistils that depends on the strain . What matters is what angrybird said.

At first trichomes (crystals) are transparent, then they turn white (milky) and then they start getting orange (amber).

When they are milky they are at their highest level of THC which slowly turns into CBD CBN etc as they getting more amber .

From this point you can harvest. It depends what kind of high you like.

Of course they don't turn milky or amber all together so you might have 90% milky and 10% amber or something like that. It's up to you then to decide.

I hope i helped and if I'm wrong at something pls correct me

:tokin:

Thanks for your help guys, i appreciate that. When is the best point to start Flushing? or giving them plain water? I gave her the full Load of Nutes an hour ago, and she was reacting fine to the Last one with 3/4 Nutes. Her leafes got their green Back, only think that changed is, that most of the Bigger Leaves on Top are turning purple. Not the Sugarleafs that are all almost everywhere purple right now, the other ones, that Sunsail kind of leafes. You can see it starting at the lower ones too. I hope it will turn out as a complete purple beauty in the end. I will post pics of that when the purple has a more visible effect and is worth showing it.

Edit:

@ Stealthman, no i have no idea. Breeder does only say THC - High. It is a very frosty Plant. Under normal or white light, you can really see them shine with that purple Background. And i think you can do a lot better with that strain. In my closet, there is plenty of room. Next grow will be a Dark Devil in a much bigger Pot, like 20 or 30 Liters Airpot or Smartpot, i think that she will yield a lot better and because i can LST her to the max then, she will get a lot more Light from my 250W Bulb. That will increase potency in my Opinion.

The best is to know exactly when you are going to harvest and flush it 2 weeks before. After flush you go with plain water to the end.
If you are not sure when you will harvest check the flowering time given by the seed bank, but keep in mind that many times they need 1-2 weeks more from what the seed bank says.

Made any sense?:tokin::passitleft:

I think they are not finished too soon. I gave them a heavy feeding 2 Days before, they reacted with increased bud building and re-greening of their top leaves. Number of Red-Purple Pistins has stayed the same since then, so i think they turned red because of less Nutes. Maybe the plant felt that she have to be ready soon because of this and new nutes gave her another feeling. I will take a few Pics of her and Blue Dream later this evening

@ Stealthman, no i have no idea. Breeder does only say THC - High. It is a very frosty Plant. Under normal or white light, you can really see them shine with that purple Background. And i think you can do a lot better with that strain. In my closet, there is plenty of room. Next grow will be a Dark Devil in a much bigger Pot, like 20 or 30 Liters Airpot or Smartpot, i think that she will yield a lot better and because i can LST her to the max then, she will get a lot more Light from my 250W Bulb. That will increase potency in my Opinion.

Cheers for that I look forward to the smoke report im definitely putting this on the list for a winter grow.

Day 63 update

Humidity: 39-59%
Temps: 17.8-24.1°C (64,04-75,38°F)

Dark Devil

I had read a lot about the last two weeks in flower. General opinion says, this are the Weeks with most of bud packing. When it is like that, i´m in the last two weeks, so i will give her plain water from now on. I just ordered a 60x microscope to see the Trichromes. Should be here next Friday. She is still drinking a lot, now consuming 5Liters each 2 Days, last time with Added 5ml/L BloomComplex, 2,5ml/L PhosphorPlus and 0,5 ml/L HesiBoost. Added 2 drops of Supervit for 10 Liters of Water also. Here are her Pics
IMG_20161115_244532211.jpg
IMG_20161115_244526521.jpg
IMG_20161115_244356718.jpg
IMG_20161115_244334119.jpg
IMG_20161115_244315077.jpg
IMG_20161115_244229481.jpg
IMG_20161115_244220686.jpg
IMG_20161115_244142087.jpg
IMG_20161115_244135579.jpg
IMG_20161115_244127607.jpg
IMG_20161115_244058856.jpg
IMG_20161115_244038036.jpg

Blue Dream. Her stretch isnt over yet, she had grown about 40 cm since my last Picture of her. Drinking 4.5 Liters each 4 Days.

IMG_20161115_244947082.jpg

Magnifier is going to be great help. If you start giving her plain water keep in mind that the leafs will start showing all kind of deficiencies but don't freak out, that's normal as she gets closer to the end.

By the way DD looks amazing bro great job
++

Absolutely beautiful buds :thumb: It is a great joy to look at them.
The other lady is healthy green looking too. She will turn out beautifully budded too when she is ready:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom