First Time Grower - Kotsotronic's Grow Journal 2016 - Advice Welcome

I concur as well. Wait at least another 2-3 weeks before defoliating. You want to make sure they are at least 5-6 weeks old.(Depending on your style of grow of course. But Im assuming you are doing a 8 week veg) This allows for a faster "rejuvenation". Personally, If I where you Id just wait until about a week before you hit her with 12/12, defoliate, then let her recover for a week then switch er up. Must say tho brotha, lookin mighty fine! ;) :thumb:

I woke up today with a desire to experiment with one of my young links...
The story so far goes something like this:
I' ve germinated successfully 13 seeds at 24/12/2015 which I found them in bag of weed I bought...in total there where 34 seeds and i experimented with the crater theory to separate the males from females....seems like it works... :high-five: ...They are all alive and super healthy till now all thanks to the tips you gave me when a problem spotted...That's how i overcome the noob's Numero Uno problem....Over-protectiveness and suffocating love..
.Over-watering..

DSC0033111.JPG

Then After the seminar you gave me (Emilya's hit-in-the-head-with-a-ruler method for 6,5 ph ):green_heart:
After solving this major problem something clicks inside my head and makes me realize that , this plant is so durable that it can take much hardship and tolerate you and your many mistakes as long as you take care its water and nutrition needs ...
In a couple of days i shall up-pot them all and get them prepared for the bloom phase of the project..

DSC006729.JPG

According to my Cabin's space,even though i gave away to my buddy 6 of them girls,i have 1 more to spare....So,i decided to experiment with one of them.
Everyone told me that it isn't the time to trim or lollipop them.My human nature kicks in .So i reverse psychology the whole thing and,despite your warnings, I lollipoped one of them(since i have one-two extras)here how she looks like now(trimmed yestarday):

DSC006799.JPG
DSC0067812.JPG
DSC006777.JPG
DSC0067411.JPG
DSC006758.JPG
DSC0067611.JPG

Opinions,thoughts,advises on what i can do next and of course flaming at me and insults of any kind and hard criticism are always welcome...
:bongrip:
:hippy:

I forgot to make an update for my soil...I've changed my original soil i used in the solo cup that contains vermiculite in it , with this one plus 30% perlite for the current 1 gallon pots and later on for the 3 gallon pots...

12506742_10156401835085273_241901356_n.jpg

laming at me and insults of any kind and hard criticism are always welcome...

I can honestly say that I've not seen one example of this anywhere on the boards so far, so i certainly hope not :p

on with the experiment, i say! i've seen people who nearly chop everything off and they not only recover, but swell with bud eventually, so i'd say you're fine experimenting with an extra pot or two :O but thats just me

Hello :420: 's people.It is time for one of granpa's Kotsotronic's tales...gather round and lets begin...

Day 40 : The girl i trimmed is doing realy ok ...Its time now for the magic potion ... 2ml Micro, 3ml Grow ,1ml Bloom ,2ml B-52 ,2ml Cal/Mag

Day 43 : Great day today...The time is uppon us for I have to up-pot this little girls to their last home...12lt (3 gallon) pots...I took my silky smooth soil ,my good will and a joint of a fine Durban Poison (It's sativa time :cool: ) and i begun my task...

12506742_10156401835085273_241901356_n.jpg
DSC006808.JPG

First think i did was to flush them before i move them their bigger homes...Water PH was at 6 and drainage water was at PH 6,5..

DSC0068212.JPG

Roots was in excellent condition...

DSC0068311.JPG
DSC0068411.JPG

I used in total 75lt of soil for these 7 12lt pots

DSC006859.JPG

Now its time for our magic potion... i used : 2ml of Micro ,3ml of Grow ,1ml of Bloom ,2ml of B-52 ,2 ml of Cal/Mag ,2 ml of Voodoo and 1 teaspoon of raw unfiltered honey (i have to feed the flesh eating bacteria ) in 20lt (5 gallons) of water..

DSC0057912.JPG

The cabin now is full...I hang the fan from the sealing and i switch on the 125mm Fan that i have installed on the left bottom side of the cabinet and also the top right 125mm fan...Much circulation and breeze for the girls...

DSC0069510.JPG
DSC0069611.JPG
DSC0069412.JPG
DSC0069212.JPG
DSC0069313.JPG

Also For a week now i have noticed this (i dont know how to call them) mini-buds on all the girls...Is that normal ???..Is this suppose to happen to have preflowers this big...Note that my Ligth circle is currently at 18/6 with MH 400w 6400k

DSC006989.JPG
DSC0069712.JPG
DSC006879.JPG

Any ideas for names ..I am pretty sure that i have to name them girls ...

Also For a week now i have noticed this (i dont know how to call them) mini-buds on all the girls...Is that normal ???..Is this suppose to happen to have preflowers this big...Note that my Ligth circle is currently at 18/6 with MH 400w 6400k

They do seem to be a bit precocious, these are definitely flowers beginning to form...

I would have to blame the chemicals for forcing this, since you are already feeding them bloom nutes while still vegging. And no, this isn't normal and I am surprised it is not causing other problems; some plants stunt in veg when you give them bloom nutes. I used to not give bloom nutes until well after switching to 12/12, and purposely always gave veg nutes at least one time after the switch as the plants made the transition.

They do seem to be a bit precocious, these are definitely flowers beginning to form...

I would have to blame the chemicals for forcing this, since you are already feeding them bloom nutes while still vegging. And no, this isn't normal and I am surprised it is not causing other problems; some plants stunt in veg when you give them bloom nutes. I used to not give bloom nutes until well after switching to 12/12, and purposely always gave veg nutes at least one time after the switch as the plants made the transition.

But the feeding schedule of AN states that you have to use the complete 3 part formula from the begining...that's strange...i altered the recipe of course less bloom on Veg period ...Is that possible that the seeds i found in the bag came from an auto plant that stressed and become Hermie ???Is that even possible to get Auto seeds from Hermie Auto????

It is certainly possible that you got a whole room of freaks, but i think the simpler explanation is more plausible. Ask yourself why many of us absolutely and with a passion despise and distrust the commercial nutrient and even soil producers, with all of their snake oils and bad advice? You might be able to grow very nice plants using their systems, but was it done naturally? Was it done without stress? Are the resulting plants the best they could have been?

It is well known that the type of nutrients given can affect the natural processes in the plants. You have induced flowering chemically, even with the lights on 18/6. Later on, you will be able to extend flowering artificially too, not letting the plants die out naturally, following their natural cycles. Can you produced quality pot this way? Absolutely. Will it be the best pot you could have grown from that plant? That is the question.

Many of us don't have the time/space/money to develop self contained organic soil systems. We are then forced to use the next best thing, any one of the many fine synthetic nutrient lines. Once a line is chosen, it is best to use every product they produce and follow their instructions to the letter. Using nutrient lines is all part of the overall learning process though, and there is nothing wrong following these synthetic nutrient systems until you can reach a point where you understand how everything can be done naturally, and have the resources to grow organically and as the plant desires. This simply can not be gotten from a bottle or a bag, from what I understand about these things today, and it takes a lot of extra work.

After 6 months of preparation I have my first organic grow completed now, and have 2 plants from that batch that were a total success and were allowed to totally follow their natural cycles, right up to their actual deaths at the end. In these plants, I have just grown my first ever 2 hit pot. I am convinced. It really does make a difference just getting out of the way and letting the plants do what they need to do.

Your question about whether flowering was normal under 18/6 now has to be requalified after this discussion. Is it normal for this nutrient line is probably the better question, and if they are calling for bloom nutes at this point, it is probably to actively build bud formation even at this early stage... and the scientists at AN have figured out that you will get a better plant by doing it this way. Keep following their instructions, they have done this before and I am sure that using their system (very good reputation) you will end up with very nice plants.

Unfortunatly i can't go organic...I live in a very blessed place on Earth that has the right climate for this kind of grow but the law don't agree with that...that's why for my first go i had to be as stealth as possible and had all my gear delivered from all around my country trying not to draw attention...
On my researches i never encounter this kind of "problem" the early flowering in veg...
So it is a surprise for me and also make me wonder for a bunch of thinks like should i change my light circle to 12/12 and Arm my HPS lamp?
Would it be any helpful if I top them and continue veg.??
Does this affect my yield in any way???
What kind of sorcery is this????
And lastly Any good sites for research on how to grow organic indoor???

Thanks Emilya ...And how come you saw up when something bizzzare is happening?Are you a Harbringer of death or something?
:circle-of-love:
Much obliged girl...Once again Thank you

Unfortunatly i can't go organic...I live in a very blessed place on Earth that has the right climate for this kind of grow but the law don't agree with that...that's why for my first go i had to be as stealth as possible and had all my gear delivered from all around my country trying not to draw attention...
On my researches i never encounter this kind of "problem" the early flowering in veg...
So it is a surprise for me and also make me wonder for a bunch of thinks like should i change my light circle to 12/12 and Arm my HPS lamp?
Would it be any helpful if I top them and continue veg.??
Does this affect my yield in any way???
What kind of sorcery is this????
And lastly Any good sites for research on how to grow organic indoor???

Thanks Emilya ...And how come you saw up when something bizzzare is happening?Are you a Harbringer of death or something?
:circle-of-love:
Much obliged girl...Once again Thank you

lol... I just hang out with newbies a lot and see a lot of bizzaro things.

one of the reasons that i decided to go organic was for the stealth ability it gives me. With every other system there was massive trash problems... getting rid of bottles, spent soil, spent non soils... and then all the mess at harvest with trim ...

now it all gets recycled into my trash bin composter. No mess. No external waste. My soil just keeps getting better.

not only this, but my purchases are now much more reasonable. No more multiple bags of soil or fillers. No more nutrients being delivered or purchased in large quantities. My spending is way down. Organic can be done, stealthily... you just got to commit to a little extra work making the teas and time building the soil.

As far as your situation goes... I would continue on. I would definitely top some more and work toward taking larger plants to flower, each 2 weeks you spend now in veg pretty much will double your eventual yield. You are still in control, don't let the freaky science induced superbuds slow down your plans.

Unless, as you suspected, they turn out to be autos after all... then, it doesnt matter anyway... they will do what they will do. I would hold out just to see if this was true or not. Don't top a bud that is obviously in full flower. Let's see what happens.

lol... I just hang out with newbies a lot and see a lot of bizzaro things.

one of the reasons that i decided to go organic was for the stealth ability it gives me. With every other system there was massive trash problems... getting rid of bottles, spent soil, spent non soils... and then all the mess at harvest with trim ...

now it all gets recycled into my trash bin composter. No mess. No external waste. My soil just keeps getting better.

not only this, but my purchases are now much more reasonable. No more multiple bags of soil or fillers. No more nutrients being delivered or purchased in large quantities. My spending is way down. Organic can be done, stealthily... you just got to commit to a little extra work making the teas and time building the soil.

As far as your situation goes... I would continue on. I would definitely top some more and work toward taking larger plants to flower, each 2 weeks you spend now in veg pretty much will double your eventual yield. You are still in control, don't let the freaky science induced superbuds slow down your plans.

Unless, as you suspected, they turn out to be autos after all... then, it doesnt matter anyway... they will do what they will do. I would hold out just to see if this was true or not. Don't top a bud that is obviously in full flower. Let's see what happens.

I would apreciate if you have in mind any articles on how to go organic from the a-z...Waterring info , how to make my own Fertilisers , what soil to use also i am interested to use sheep manure or chicken manure and how can i apply them without burning the plants etc...If you have sterted a thread about you going organic in detail pls share...Because sharing is caring Emilya ...
Sharing
Is
Caring

Soil I would see peejay he has some great soil and easy to make.
Watering. Plant will tell you that. Leave lower time to water. Each plant himid weather dew points all have factors. Hard to get that right all the time but plant will always tellya.

I would apreciate if you have in mind any articles on how to go organic from the a-z...Waterring info , how to make my own Fertilisers , what soil to use also i am interested to use sheep manure or chicken manure and how can i apply them without burning the plants etc...If you have sterted a thread about you going organic in detail pls share...Because sharing is caring Emilya ...
Sharing
Is
Caring

I am just a rookie at this organic stuff too, but it seems upon reading many people's stuff on it, there are as many ways to go about it as there are growers. The biggest lesson that I learned was that the compost teas are necessary and that you need to have a pretty good air pump to make that work. I have already learned a ton of stuff from SweetSue and others on her Building a Better Soil thread, and I was given a book by The Rev, True Living Organics, which I have now read cover to cover several times. Originally I read things from SubCool and got started with his soil recipes, but many have told me there are better ways to go... personally and at my current level of expertise, I don't think it makes much of a difference what recipe you are using once you get a good living soil going that has everything needed in it, and then start throwing back grow room waste into it too. Next round I will be trying SweetSue's recommendation, the No-Till method, and will simply reuse the soil in my 7 gallon containers as is.

This grow log is about to wrap up, but I am logging my current LSD grow. I always talk about my current ideas, experiments and what I am learning, in my current grow log, so please check that out to see how this round of organics is going.

I like your lst job..I kinda did the same to mine..I have a lot of time into mine I take a lot of pride in her..we had it rough in the beginning but we got everything worked out now..I veg her for 5 weeks and she is starting 3 weeks flower..her she is
20160204_234947.jpg
20160204_235006.jpg
20160204_235230.jpg
20160201_015908.jpg

Update time:

Day 49 : Something strange is happening to my girls...They start flowering under the 18/6 cycle with the MH 400w 6100k with Day temp at 26c and night temp at 10-12c ...(Yes i know its a bit low But i cant do anything about it)...So i am now watching my girls flowering after their own free will (talking about some character with this plants_and made me change the light cycle to 14/8 and also put on my HPS Philips SON-T 400w 2000k 70%-30% dual spectrum for the finishing period....This one baffles me and I need your wisdom and guidance so my yield won't be affected..This is how they look now and the flowering started 10-12 days before
DSC007409.JPG
DSC007388.JPG
DSC007354.JPG
DSC007197.JPG
DSC0071313.JPG
DSC007318.JPG
DSC007302.JPG
DSC007277.JPG
DSC007265.JPG
DSC007256.JPG
DSC007196.JPG
DSC0071410.JPG
DSC007186.JPG
DSC007129.JPG
DSC007117.JPG
DSC007089.JPG
DSC007008.JPG
DSC007016.JPG
DSC007046.JPG
DSC007037.JPG
DSC007029.JPG
DSC007057.JPG
DSC007068.JPG
DSC0070711.JPG

Update time:

Day 49 : Something strange is happening to my girls...They start flowering under the 18/6 cycle with the MH 400w 6100k with Day temp at 26c and night temp at 10-12c ...(Yes i know its a bit low But i cant do anything about it)...So i am now watching my girls flowering after their own free will (talking about some character with this plants_and made me change the light cycle to 14/8 and also put on my HPS Philips SON-T 400w 2000k 70%-30% dual spectrum for the finishing period....This one baffles me and I need your wisdom and guidance so my yield won't be affected..This is how they look now and the flowering started 10-12 days before
The way they have started flowering under 18/6 makes me think that they are all autos, and I would have moved the lights to 24/0 just to confirm that. As far as the 14/8 ... what are you doing with the other 2 hours? Assuming you meant 14/10... that would be an odd schedule for any plants, what was your friend's logic on this?

If they are indeed in full flower, and if they are autos, there are 2 main schools of thought regarding lighting. One crowd says, the more light the better, since they don't care... and they run 24/0. Others (myself included) believe that plants need a rest period each day, and they run autos 18/6, giving a rest and a lot of light. I have never heard of anyone going 14/10, although I see no reason why it would not work.

Anyway, they are definitely flowering, so moving to the flowering light was probably the best idea. I would check with who you got the seeds/plants from and let them know that they were autos. Then, sit back and enjoy the show... it appears to be out of your control. :)

Back
Top Bottom