Kingskush - First Grow - Advice Welcome!

4th day of flowering, a lot of new growth already!
Pineapple Express
image22226.jpg

Heisenberg Kush
image22225.jpg

Blue widow
image22224.jpg

White Widow
image22223.jpg

Your plants are looking great but your buds are very skimpy for day 23... I see that you have only two 1200 watt mars hydro lights for 8 huge plants? If i counted correctly?

Some advice for you:
You should either lower your plant count or get a lot more light if you want to grow anything other than skimpy popcorn buds. You will be trimming those for a week for the same yield you can get from two plants and have monster buds....

Remember you will never get more weight than the draw wattage you are growing with. For example those 1200 watts are only 600 watt draw. So 600 X 2 = 1200 Actual draw wattage. From all 8 of those plants if you are a EXCELLENT grower and nothing goes wrong you can potentially get 1200 grams of bud. Thats very little bud for 8 plants... I harvest 600 grams per plant with my 600 watt HPS.

Just some advice to help you on your next grows. Once your grow is over you will see what im talking about. I dont know if this is your first grow or not but trimming those small popcorn buds is very frustrating. You will see =)

My point is why grow 8+ plants and have 1200 grams of popcorn buds to trim for a week when you can grow two plants under the same lights and have 1200 grams of forearm sized buds which can be trimmed in a day! Just something to think about.

You are doing a excellent job and your plants look amazing! You just don't have enough light....

For my harvesting and curing process: I first flush soil plants for 14 days once they have completely finished. Almost all brown/amber pistils and 15% amber trichomes on the buds not sugar leaves(This is important as the sugar leaves will have ambers weeks before they are ready). Then once im ready to harvest I get ready right before lights on and stop the lights from coming on. Then i take each cola and cut them so the stem has a "hanger" on it from a node. This makes it a LOT easier to hang. I put them all in a tote together as im cutting them down.

Afterwards I do a bud wash that consist of 3 - 5 gallon buckets. The first with hot water with lemon juice and baking soda for washing. The second with warm water for rinsing. the third with COLD water for rinsing. I take each cola and dip and "agitate" in each bucket down the line. Then i hang to dry in a dark room at 70 degrees F and 60% humidity. NO FAN. No air movement on the buds anyway. I take my ducting from one side of the room and run it to the intake on the other side of the room so that the air exchange in the room is only 12 inches from duct to duct. This allows for fresh air in the room but not circulating the whole room. I hope that makes sense. I then leave them in the room with remote temp and humidity monitors and also do a visual check daily and make sure everything is coming along nice. Make sure there is no bad smell or mold and make sure they are not drying to fast. Last harvest I dried for 5 days but they were not ready yet. But my colas were also the size of my forearm or bigger. So at least 5 days! You don't want them to feel hard and crispy. You will see when you start drying.

After they are dry you will jar them. I keep a humidity and temp monitor in a few of my jars so I know what its like inside them. Also I use the 62% humidity packs. I take the bud out each day for about 10 mins for a week and lay it out on cardboard. I do this until its not needed anymore. Most of the time its around 1 week. I always open my jars for at least 2 weeks after drying. Then after that they are good to store! I ALWAYS use the 62% paks. They work wonders.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Here is a pic of the way I hang them and hopefully u can see the stem "hangers":

0221011.jpg
0221021.jpg

For my harvesting and curing process: I first flush soil plants for 14 days once they have completely finished. Almost all brown/amber pistils and 15% amber trichomes on the buds not sugar leaves(This is important as the sugar leaves will have ambers weeks before they are ready). Then once im ready to harvest I get ready right before lights on and stop the lights from coming on. Then i take each cola and cut them so the stem has a "hanger" on it from a node. This makes it a LOT easier to hang. I put them all in a tote together as im cutting them down.

Afterwards I do a bud wash that consist of 3 - 5 gallon buckets. The first with hot water with lemon juice and baking soda for washing. The second with warm water for rinsing. the third with COLD water for rinsing. I take each cola and dip and "agitate" in each bucket down the line. Then i hang to dry in a dark room at 70 degrees F and 60% humidity. NO FAN. No air movement on the buds anyway. I take my ducting from one side of the room and run it to the intake on the other side of the room so that the air exchange in the room is only 12 inches from duct to duct. This allows for fresh air in the room but not circulating the whole room. I hope that makes sense. I then leave them in the room with remote temp and humidity monitors and also do a visual check daily and make sure everything is coming along nice. Make sure there is no bad smell or mold and make sure they are not drying to fast. Last harvest I dried for 5 days but they were not ready yet. But my colas were also the size of my forearm or bigger. So at least 5 days! You don't want them to feel hard and crispy. You will see when you start drying.

After they are dry you will jar them. I keep a humidity and temp monitor in a few of my jars so I know what its like inside them. Also I use the 62% humidity packs. I take the bud out each day for about 10 mins for a week and lay it out on cardboard. I do this until its not needed anymore. Most of the time its around 1 week. I always open my jars for at least 2 weeks after drying. Then after that they are good to store! I ALWAYS use the 62% paks. They work wonders.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Here is a pic of the way I hang them and hopefully u can see the stem "hangers":

I am saving your post so I can try this bud washing. Do you have a recipe for how much lemon juice and baking soda to use? I dont want to over or under do it. Thats a sick harvest too man. good shit.

Are you serious about a bud wash... Your going to wash away what gets you high!!

:laughtwo::laughtwo:

Thats everyones first impression! Its funny because you would think so right? Well its not true at all and it doesnt effect the potency at all! Cannabis grown naturally outside gets rained on all the time! You wash your apples or veggies before you eat them dont you? I do! Same with cannabis. You would be surprised at the dirt and what comes off the buds even in a completely sealed room. I will post the link to the Bud Washing thread. Its very popular and you guys should give it a read. Trust not only me but the other hundreds of members that now bud wash. Even if you dont do the whole harvest do some colas and then try it! I promise you will never leave your cannabis unwashed again hehe.

Bud Washing

PakaCordova, On the thread above they recommend one cup baking soda and one cup lemon juice. To be honest I just pour the baking soda in my hand and get a nice hand full. The lemon juice I just squirt some in the bucket what I think is around the amount.

Thanks for the compliment! Thats only one plant hehe =) Im a sucker for big ass buds and its all I want! :Namaste:

Thanks for the compliment! Thats only one plant hehe =) Im a sucker for big ass buds and its all I want! :Namaste:

You and me both. I am in the process of harvesting my first grow ever. Single plant over 1.5lbs and still have a ton left on the plant.

Thanks for the link man. I am definitely going to give the bud washing a try on my next round in a couple months. I have 3 clones going of the same strain, keeping them smaller compared to the first round. This shit was overwhelming when it came time to harvest. I was not prepared for all that work!

You are not flushing to harvest are you? At 41 days they are not ready to be harvested. As far as flushing i keep all my flowering plants in a big 6 inch tall tub so I can flush as many gallons as I want and easily suck it up with my pump. If there is nothing under the plants its VERY hard to flush. Those small saucers sucks for flushing and will never do that again.

What do you mean two weeks prior? What is the strain information from the breeder? 60 day flower time? I usually start counting when I see pre flowers. Then count up the strain time(usually 8 weeks for indica). This is only a guideline as you should be checking trichomes. I never check trichs until the pistils start turning brown. After most are turned I start checking trichs for ambers. Make sure u are checking trichs on the buds and not sugar leaves to get a accurate reading. I use a 60X jewelers loop. The pictures are far away but I dont see any turning amber pistils yet. I start the flush once they are almost ready for harvest. You should see your plants stop growing and usually they pretty much stop drinking and only drink a little. I can sense when mine are finished now from previous grows. Check Trichs and sure enough almost ready to harvest. Check those trichs thats the main factor.

Kingkush, First off let me say congrats on your harvest!! Its so exciting eh? Those plants look beautiful and the purple really came out in the leaves! I see mostly brown pistils so they look good and ripe! Good job again man!

Some tips for your future grows. Personally I would recommend either upping your lights (wattage) or growing only one or two plants with what you have. You dont have enough light for that many plants thats why all your buds are only finger sized and not arm sized. Once dried those colas will be very very small. If you are growing with 300 draw wattage then you can only achieve 300 grams no matter if you have 10 plants or one. So if you only do one plant with a 300 watt draw light then you will have a lot bigger buds and the same amount of bud. This works out a lot better so you dont have to feed and care of a lot of plants and waste nutes. Now if you up your lights or get HID setup you will really really a difference! Just some things to think about as a 600 watt HPS setup is only $150 and will double your harvest weight! Pair that with the LED and you will really be putting on some weight! I know heat does play a part and ventilation and some people just dont want to take the next step!

Amazing job on your first harvest and I hope your drying and curing goes well! If the buds are smaller they may only have to dry for 3 days instead of 5-6. Great work and let us know how it smokes in two weeks!

:high-five::bravo::thumb::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom