First Grow - Advice Welcome

I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com large piranha aluminum pollen t-press

I should also mention that I recouped my investment in equipment versus purchasing similar graded hashish in my first use of the mini washing machine, bubble bags and hashish press to recover the trichomes from trimmings and popcorn bud and create high quality hashish.

That's the thing with autos. Some require a photogenic period. Wich is 12/12 lighting, then again there are autos that don't require any substantial light time or dark time. So this being said I can assume you can grow autos with any kind of light, and any darkness. I enjoy this about them, but I only wanna do it for space reason. Can't have monsters hiding in the garage.

Can't say as I've seen it all but never came across an Auto that was light dependent. I think thats the appeal, they flower in time regardless of light. One thing I know for sure, they grow like mad. I've been beating the shit out of a poor photo that I've had for months now, the 1 Auto I germed grows new leaves almost everyday. Seemingly everytime I look in on her she's gone to another level. This growth can ultimately be controlled with the size of container you put her in, but most have very reasonable heights they grow to. For plants that are harvested in 70-100 days, quantities are incredible. As far as potency, cannot comment personally but others seem to have no problems. All pics of Auto's look incredible. I plan to reverse a Himalaya Blue Diesel and cross it with a Cheese Candy to make Blue Cheese (if name isn't taken). Thats another really cool thing about them is breeding is done quickly. You could have 3-4 generations a year, instead of 1 or 2.
So far, partway into my 1st Auto, I highly recommend them. Except for price, big reason I'm breeding is for seeds.

Wow KJC your the man got all that high tech stuff. I'm going to experiment with doing it. Got my autos on order. Got about 5 diffrent strains. Im only gonna do two at a time. I also wanna try cloning this time around.

I will have a smoke report here in the next few days.

what autos did u get?

if your going to clone make a 5 gl bucket cloner . i was a noob at cloning and i have a 100% success rate so far.. 13 clones so far .
2014-10-10_20-36-35_496.jpg

what autos did u get?

if your going to clone make a 5 gl bucket cloner . i was a noob at cloning and i have a 100% success rate so far.. 13 clones so far .
2014-10-10_20-36-35_496.jpg

My god man! look at those tap roots!

i know . its crazy how fast they grew. getting some more smart pots this week to transplant them .. what i need to know is with all those roots do i position them any certain way in the dirt to help them not get stunted . ive always transplanted with way less roots .

Dunc- If you have 5 different strains I'm betting you spent a pretty penny on beans. I just finished a day long read of a thread about breeding autos and I think, as easy and as fun as it looks (I'm preparing to do this myself), you should strongly consider doing a seed run. These folks are setting themselves up for YEARS of autofem seeds. It only seems monetarily responsible, to me anyway, considering the cost of those suckers.
What strains did you go with? I'll dig up that thread and post it up, super informative read, def worth the time.

Here is that thread

i know . its crazy how fast they grew. getting some more smart pots this week to transplant them .. what i need to know is with all those roots do i position them any certain way in the dirt to help them not get stunted . ive always transplanted with way less roots .

When I place new rooted clones into a soiless mixture I try to layer the soil and roots together so that the roots have a large surface area to grow from. I use neoprene inserts to hold the stems of the cuttings in the netpots while the cuttings root and cut the bottom of the netpots off to allow easy removal once rooted.

good that's basically what i did . i dug a hole and hung the plant over were i wanted it and them i sprinkled in soil until they were covered equally ..

dunc were the hell are u .. i see!! u harvested and ran lol

Hey guys I'm here. Sorry work and high school football got me super busy. Harvest went great. I ended up with a little less than 8 oz. Still not cured the way I want them to be. There are really dense which I love,but they still don't have that pungent smell like my last batch. Still smell earthy, and it's been two weeks. Still haven't smoked any yet. I will today though. Also will give a smoke report also today. Any idea how to get the smell to come about.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom