Yankeetoker's 2nd Grow Attempt - 2016 - All Advice Welcome!

Yup, what PJ said, and keep lots of air moving, that's the key to keeping away the molds. :cheer:

I have one clip on fan....should I have it running 24/7 or cycles like I have it now? Also I have an additional fan, should I run it too?

Hey looking goood, u can see the progress in your journal. I would recommend 24/7 fans on. U'll need airflow all around the plants. Set them up in oposing directions. Only thing u can do tto harm them is wind burn....and i havent seen that other than extream conditions. Play with the fans a bit each day untill u dont see cupped leavs, and happy growth is all around. Fans and airflow is a very important thing....people focus on light sooo much and over look it. The key to a successful grow is having all of your environmental attributes in check. It may take a few cycles, but with some attention to detail, it all really falls into place on its own.

It's going to be tight in flower tent but it'll work. Once the flowers set you will want to defoliate those plants a bit, I think. It's humid where you live and you'll want to watch out for mold issues late in the game in that tight space.

I agree.

Yup, what PJ said, and keep lots of air moving, that's the key to keeping away the molds. :cheer:

I agree !

Hey looking goood, u can see the progress in your journal. I would recommend 24/7 fans on. U'll need airflow all around the plants. Set them up in oposing directions. Only thing u can do tto harm them is wind burn....and i havent seen that other than extream conditions. Play with the fans a bit each day untill u dont see cupped leavs, and happy growth is all around. Fans and airflow is a very important thing....people focus on light sooo much and over look it. The key to a successful grow is having all of your environmental attributes in check. It may take a few cycles, but with some attention to detail, it all really falls into place on its own.

I agree :)

You have some good advisors here !

It's going to be tight in flower tent but it'll work. Once the flowers set you will want to defoliate those plants a bit, I think. It's humid where you live and you'll want to watch out for mold issues late in the game in that tight space.

Ok, I've been taking them out every evening for some "fresh" air. The humidity is good for the veg box, but I will definitely be monitoring the flower tent.

Thanks for chiming in! I took the existing fan off the timer and have it running 24/7. I need a small window of time to get the other fan in there. Will check tent conditions in the morning to see if running the fan all night changes anything.

Ok, I've been taking them out every evening for some "fresh" air. The humidity is good for the veg box, but I will definitely be monitoring the flower tent.

Thanks for chiming in! I took the existing fan off the timer and have it running 24/7. I need a small window of time to get the other fan in there. Will check tent conditions in the morning to see if running the fan all night changes anything.

Having a fan on during lights out won't show much difference on a humidity or temperature guage. The reason is mostly for the nightime respiration at the leaves. Your girls can breathe in o2 and breathe out co2 (reverse of daytime) without rebreathing the same small patch of still air.

Having a fan on during lights out won't show much difference on a humidity or temperature guage. The reason is mostly for the nightime respiration at the leaves. Your girls can breathe in o2 and breathe out co2 (reverse of daytime) without rebreathing the same small patch of still air.

Thanks....lights are on from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. Seems the temps were better this morning when I checked on them before lights out.

That makes sense....I have the one fan in there for now, but will add the other one ASAP.

Thanks....lights are on from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. Seems the temps were better this morning when I checked on them before lights out.

That makes sense....I have the one fan in there for now, but will add the other one ASAP.

I guess the fans should also help evaporate the moisture from the surfaces where the breeze happens - so even if it doesn't lower overall humidity in the room, it should lower humidity on the plant and help prevent mold from getting started.

Humidity will settle and be greater at the bottom of your tent, near the soil, if you don't have fans on 24/7. Sooner or later, the bottom-most branches often will develop mold, and it's like a ladder upward from there. I run one down low 24/7, and then have one on top. I need a new top one, this is a good reminder. Fans are our friends.

I agree with carestalker. U want the air always to be in transit. Stale air breeds microbes. Plants like humidity, but ive seen pockets in plants where air and humidity was stagnant. Overly dark green shiny thin wrinkly leaves. At first glance u may think its healthy growth, but in the overall health of your plant, its not.

Humidity will settle and be greater at the bottom of your tent, near the soil, if you don't have fans on 24/7. Sooner or later, the bottom-most branches often will develop mold, and it's like a ladder upward from there. I run one down low 24/7, and then have one on top. I need a new top one, this is a good reminder. Fans are our friends.

Thanks, will be adding a second fan tomorrow.....to the bottom of tent...

+ reps on the great info.

I have always had a fan or two where the plants grow, so I don't know the difference of not having a fan on.

Starting to see flowers setting in the tent...been on 12/12 for about a week...

20160518_060715-1.jpg

My Northern Lights auto born 4/21
20160517_185321-1.jpg

:circle-of-love:

More flowering tent pics....

This is Hope one week into the 12/12 cycle, she really is a beautiful plant...
20160519_213657-1.jpg
20160519_213732-1.jpg

This is Lexi, the plant that had the severe cal-mag deficiency that I was sure I had killed...this is one week into the 12/12 cycle.

20160519_213708-1.jpg
20160519_213814.jpg

Bernie (no pics ) has shown vertical growth but not many potential bud sites...might have to sacrifice her, but I'll give her a bit more time.

Suggestions? Comments?

YT

:circle-of-love:

Updates from the tent 5/21.....

First up we have Lexi....Lexi is the tallest and skinniest plant, but seems to have multiple bud sites developing...a little backstory on Lexi...she was the sickest of the 3 plants with a severe CalMag issue and did not respond well to being under the LED lights early on. She has rebounded well under the HPS, but needs a serious defoliation (which I have never done).

20160521_211948-1.jpg

20160521_212009-1.jpg

20160521_212144-1.jpg

20160522_075731-1.jpg

Next up is Hope (my favorite) and the plant from the seed that I planted as a last resort to save this grow attempt. She has been a beautiful plant all along....

20160521_212955-1.jpg

20160521_212733-1.jpg

20160521_212802.jpg

20160522_075739-1.jpg

Bernie is the 3rd of the White Widows but has never looked like the other two plants...she is not as developed and I question her sex, so I took some close up photos....

20160521_213709-1.jpg

20160521_213520-1.jpg

20160521_213559-1.jpg

20160521_213643-1.jpg

Finally, here is Tina, the most developed of the 3 Northern Lights autos that popped the week of 4/21...she is pretty small, but I threw her into the tent with the big girls...

20160521_212538-1.jpg

20160521_212517.jpg

These girls have come a long way!!! Let me know what you guys think...any advice on defoliating the big girls a bit would be greatly appreciated.

YT

Back
Top Bottom