Cheap & Stealthy CFL Grow

re: Cheap & Stealthy CFL Grow

No problem :) I meant transplant to a larger pot. Although I do recommend lifting them and getting used to the weight for watering purposes. 7.0 ph is pretty high. Indicas can usually handle it, but sativas are less forgiving. 6.0 ph would be better if you can adjust it. You may also want to skip nutrients for the sativas more often. Especially in early flower. They will be able to handle more as they mature. I doubt your LST wire did much, but it might be partially to blame. More likely root damage caused from fertilizer or over watering. Or a combination of those three. It will probably continue for a while even if corrected. If you are not having pest problems I would let those leaves fall off naturally more or less. She will draw from them while things correct in the soil and root zone.

Ok,now I got it ahah! However this pots are already quite big for my 5x5 tent (around 7 gallons each)... The thing is that until this 2nd week of flowering they were all good! It started all of a sudden this week....I water every 5 days now, so I don't think it is overwatering,maybe I'm wrong...
Let's see how it turns...
Thanks again Gypsy and Canna!:Namaste::Namaste:

Start Week 3 of Flowering. The road is still quite long, but pistils production continue! Hope you like it!:thanks:

DAY 15 - FLOWERING

Maroc
2016-05-27_1.jpg

Afghan Kush #1
2016-05-27.jpg

Afghan Kush #2
2016-05-27_2.jpg

Afghan Kush #3 (The big girl)
2016-05-27_3.jpg

2016-05-27_4.jpg

Focus on Maroc Leafage
2016-05-27_5.jpg

Lookin good, is the yellow spreading or receding?

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I just love stepping into a grow during a good pistil attack!

Hopefully your issues are resolved. Those leaves will drop off as they die, just be sure to clean them out of the top of the soil because they might attract bugs as they decompose. Mixed into the soil is no biggy, but lying on top of it is not good. No need for bugs, if you can avoid them.

:thumb:

It seems to have stopped quite a bit! I hope it doesn't progress,but maybe I will confuse it with "flower yellowing"....
Generally, between which weeks they start to yellowing?
Thanks Miller!:Namaste:
Between weeks 6 to 7 but I like to flush starting on day 46 of flower but my cheese started in week 6.

Cheers

I just love stepping into a grow during a good pistil attack!

Hopefully your issues are resolved. Those leaves will drop off as they die, just be sure to clean them out of the top of the soil because they might attract bugs as they decompose. Mixed into the soil is no biggy, but lying on top of it is not good. No need for bugs, if you can avoid them.

Yeah, I'm waiting until they die completely and then I'll remove them! Thanks for the suggestion Canna!:Namaste:
Between weeks 6 to 7 but I like to flush starting on day 46 of flower but my cheese started in week 6.

Cheers
Ok, I was thinking to flush at the start of week 7... Now I'm reassured ! Thanks a lot Miller!:thanks:

When I say I start my flush, I mean just tap from here on out. I do not mean pumping 25 gal of water into 5 gal pot.

Cheers

Hi; got this from Cannafans thread about your leaves.. Has anyone suggested humidity/heat? Those plants in the front kinda look as if they haven't been watered for a while during a hot wet summer.. I live in a humid place, and heat/humidity stressed plants can look like that...

Hi; got this from Cannafans thread about your leaves.. Has anyone suggested humidity/heat? Those plants in the front kinda look as if they haven't been watered for a while during a hot wet summer.. I live in a humid place, and heat/humidity stressed plants can look like that...

I touch the soil to see if they need water, and usually they are wet for 4 to 5 days after a watering....With light on, humidity is around 30%, with light off it goes from 40% to 55%....from light to plants there are 20+ inches and a fan blowing directly on reflector.. Even if I put my hand between them at 10 inches from lights it doesn't burn at all....I don't think this are the causes but I'm a newbie and maybe you're right.

However I got another problem right now, yesterday while I was removing all the died leaves, I found 2 pollen sacks I think, on 2 branches of Maroc. So, I think that the leaf issue stressed it and she produced these, or maybe it's in her genetic...
If I'm not wrong this is hermaphroditism.
Do you think she can self-pollinate and produce seedy buds?
Do you think it will pollen the 3 afghan kush? And make them, produce seedy buds?
If the answers are yes, as I think, can I remove these sacks to prevent pollination? I know that probably she will continue to pop them out here and there,but if I remove them every time before they open, can I stay quite safe?
The choices that I have are 2...
1) Kill the plant (and prefer not to:laughtwo:)
2) Remove sacks every time and keep the plant.
dhbfj.jpg

Yep, those are pollen sacs my friend.

If she has pistils, they will self pollinate, and you will get seeds. If those pollen sacs open and their dust is released it will affect everything in your grow if you do not isolate it. Also, handling a plant with pollen sacs is risky because you can carry the pollen to your girls. So make sure to wash your hands after "nipping" or handling it. :) Just to be safe.

If you inspect VERY thoroughly, you can keep nipping them off....but the safest thing to do is isolate while you do that. It would be taking a big chance that one opened, and fans or movement of air carried a pollen granule. It only takes one, but chances are it will be more than that. LOL

Also, Hidan....do you have a timer for the lights going? Something stressed that girl, and it could very well be whatever the soil/nutes issue was, but I want to be sure to eliminate any other possibles so the other girls do don't do that. Make sure that timer is working correctly and there are no light leaks in the grow. I've had timer failures and didn't know it because it had failed and never turned the lights off. I only caught it because I checked them before scheduled lights on time one day, and discovered it.

Also, Hidan....do you have a timer for the lights going? Something stressed that girl, and it could very well be whatever the soil/nutes issue was, but I want to be sure to eliminate any other possibles so the other girls do don't do that. Make sure that timer is working correctly and there are no light leaks in the grow. I've had timer failures and didn't know it because it had failed and never turned the lights off. I only caught it because I checked them before scheduled lights on time one day, and discovered it.

Hey Canna,I was expecting this answer.
However,I controlled every branch and there were only that 2 sacks that I removed the day I posted the image. Also I control every day when the light turns on and when it turns off and fortunately from when the seeds sprouted, I never had a failure.
I think that the cause is due to leaves issue/stress near 100%!
Oh,and also when I removed the sacks they were quite hard to the touch,so I guess (and hope) they were still immature...
Let's keep fingers crossed!:shhh:

Nothing said....Just controlled and found another 5-6 sacks. I don't know what do to,cause it's inevitable that soon or later a bit of pollen in the air will touch pistils. How much it will affect yield if all them will produce seeds? Like what percentage of yield loss?
I'm thinking how to save the plant and isolate from the others....I don't have another room to put her and I don't want to risk with an outdoor option.
What would you guys do in a situation like this??

It's going to be a substantial loss in yield if it fully pollinates. I just recently did one that accidentally got just a little pollen on her, and there is not much there for useable bud at all. A lot of calyx's with immature seeds in them.

I haven't posted a pic of the end result there, but it's certainly not even going to be worth weighing up in my opinion. Trim or lots of popcorn bud is what I would call it now. LOL

I posted another call for help for ya to see if anyone has any ideas. If you can't isolate, I'm at a loss at the moment what you can do besides keep picking them off and take a chance that you get them all.

Sorry I can't be more help on this one. :(

:circle-of-love:

Thanks a lot for these fast replies Canna, and for help! In my mind it's growing the idea to kill her,but I hate to lose buds. It depends if it's worth it or not. I'm not going through this risk if you tell me that it will not give me even an ounce.
I'm even thinking that if I put her outside, the "light schedule" of June & July is 15 hours, August 14 hours, Septemb 12 hours etc...
So, could this cause a re-veg? If not, considering that in a few days it's start of week 4 of flowering, how much time do you think it will take to harvest outside?

Back
Top Bottom