Cheap & Stealthy CFL Grow

Thanks a lot for these fast replies Canna, and for help! In my mind it's growing the idea to kill her,but I hate to lose buds. It depends if it's worth it or not. I'm not going through this risk if you tell me that it will not give me even an ounce.
I'm even thinking that if I put her outside, the "light schedule" of June & July is 15 hours, August 14 hours, Septemb 12 hours etc...
So, could this cause a re-veg? If not, considering that in a few days it's start of week 4 of flowering, how much time do you think it will take to harvest outside?

I have in my minds eye the same thing, but I want to see if anyone has any ideas for ya. :)

The only way it would reveg is if the light schedule went out of the flowering, going into 18 hours/6 hours approximately. I don't know what the breeder schedule is for the plant, so you need to check what they reccommend as flowering/harvest time. She's already a hermie, she's not likely going to change that. Even if you keep nipping them off.

I have a graft plant that is on a male root stock, it did all of it's first round of pollen sacs and after I did the graft onto it, it began another round. I'm still picking off those pollen sacs. Basically I"m gonna have to strip it to keep up with them and let that girl grow. LOL

Keep in mind that if it does get pollinated and starts making seeds, it will concentrate on making the seeds..not much on bud building. The calyx's will swell, but they will also be in a seed process.

Hopefully we'll have someone here soon with some good news for ya.

:thumb:

Oh, I did post a pic of the buds that were left on the one accidental pollination I had. It is not going to be much dried, way less than even a half oz. is my guess. It's a shame it started out budding really well before it got sexed on.

:passitleft: High smoke this and know that if this is the worst that happens you have had a successful grow... I agree with the above stated advice... either constantly and non-stop look for those bat rastard nanners every minute of every day and hope you don't miss one and like you say hope one grain of pollen doesn't gets loose or chop your hermie and enjoy a little early smoke and let your other girls try and make it to the finish line... I would however try and make sure that the reason she hermied wasn't due to light leaks or lights on other gadgets in the tent I didn't think of or any other numerous environmental things that could have caused it and make sure it is rectified... but if it were me and what I have chosen to do in the past is just chop em and get out of there... Like Canna said you can do a re-veg on her but if it's in her genetics vs environmental... do you really want to do all that again... just sayin'.... Hope you have a blessed and green day...:)....:circle-of-love:

:passitleft: High smoke this and know that if this is the worst that happens you have had a successful grow... I agree with the above stated advice... either constantly and non-stop look for those bat rastard nanners every minute of every day and hope you don't miss one and like you say hope one grain of pollen doesn't gets loose or chop your hermie and enjoy a little early smoke and let your other girls try and make it to the finish line... I would however try and make sure that the reason she hermied wasn't due to light leaks or lights on other gadgets in the tent I didn't think of or any other numerous environmental things that could have caused it and make sure it is rectified... but if it were me and what I have chosen to do in the past is just chop em and get out of there... Like Canna said you can do a re-veg on her but if it's in her genetics vs environmental... do you really want to do all that again... just sayin'.... Hope you have a blessed and green day...:)....:circle-of-love:

Hey Dennise! Thanks for stopping by! I thought the same thing guys and I chopped her today. I saved the savable :laughtwo: and gonna let this dry for a few days,even though I don't think it's gonna be a good smoke,but hopefully I will be surprised...
These are the final pics of her rootball...I think they were healthy looking at them:
2016-06-01.jpg

2016-06-01_1.jpg

Yessir, that's healthy looking roots. :)

Glad you decided to salvage what you could from the plant.

:thumb:
Yeah,after all these weeks spent and light used, I had to try to save something at least :biglaugh:

You're correct... Them some awesome looking roots but IMO you did the very best thing... Inevitably pollen would have gotten airborne and gone all kamikaze on ya...:)...:circle-of-love:
I agree, and have to admit that it's impossible to control such a thing like pollen granules. Also when I cut her down I noticed another bunch of sacks developed...
Let's look forward and hope for the other 3! I'm gonna post a pic in a couple days ;)

Here is the update guys! We're in Week 4 of flowering.... I noticed that the leaves on the bottom started to yellow and in 2 days they become like this, so I think the ladies are hungry and pulling out nitrogen and other nutrients from the old fan leaves, redirecting them in the flowers production. They continue to swell day by day. Also yesterday was feeding time, and I gave them their nutrients, hope you enjoy! :Namaste:

DAY 23 - FLOWERING

2016-06-04.jpg

2016-06-04_1.jpg

2016-06-04_2.jpg

2016-06-04_3.jpg

Not even time to relax that the nightmare came true.
Other 2 have pollen sacks,so I think it's only a matter of time and the third one will show them...:surrender:
I don't know what I did wrong....maybe Maroc pollinated the grow room...my mood is under the floor,cause I'm thinking at all the time,effort and money spent in these 10 weeks...all in the trash!
I don't know if it's worth to finish the grow at this point....
By the way, here is a pic where one of the sack was completely opened, and in the second one you can see while I was trying to remove it, how much pollen fell just touching it...

2016-06-05.jpg

2016-0-605_1.jpg

Not even time to relax that the nightmare came true.
Other 2 have pollen sacks,so I think it's only a matter of time and the third one will show them...:surrender:
I don't know what I did wrong....maybe Maroc pollinated the grow room...my mood is under the floor,cause I'm thinking at all the time,effort and money spent in these 10 weeks...all in the trash!
I don't know if it's worth to finish the grow at this point....
By the way, here is a pic where one of the sack was completely opened, and in the second one you can see while I was trying to remove it, how much pollen fell just touching it...

2016-06-05.jpg

2016-0-605_1.jpg

Yep your going to have seeds on your hands :)

At around three weeks your primed for female flowers to accept pollen. I'd finish the grow either way. Pluck those sacks as you see them. It will yield less in the end for sure, but it will still be totally usable product. Now as to the hermies. If it's stress induced then you will have female pollen and feminized seeds as a result. That's friggin awesome! On the down side, if sh'e a natural genetic hermie all those seeds will be likely the same. The only way to know for sure is to grow one out. :) Exciting times!

Your palm reading also indicates a good room scrubbing in your future. :Namaste:

Grow them out hidan.. Sorry man, sux, you'll get a harvest though. It was once quite common to have seeds in buds, we'll call it your retro grow..

Thanks for your words, guys! I don't know how but, one of the 3 didn't show even a sack yet...
Also I noticed in these few days that the growth rate of sacks is much much less than Maroc was....like 2-3 sacks in 3 days...and I controlled every day! This lead me to think that they are probably pollinated rather than "true hermies" like Maroc ( even if I know they are hermies now ), not to mention that they showed sacks 2 days after she was cut down.
Yeah Grizz, once, near all nugs had seeds, and sometimes they fell in joints and smelled like burned chicken ahahah..
I read that hermie's seeds will be feminized but also that they will have a tendency to carry the hermie gene, so I don't think I will risk that :laughtwo:
Well, I hope that they will fatten without producing too much seeds.
I'll be more careful on the next one even though I already have temps, heat, ventilation etc all good.
So I'm suspecting only on 2 things:
1) Light leak
2) Genetic ( of Maroc )
.... I'll post an update soon! Thanks again guys! :Namaste:

Nothing worse than trying to pull a seed thru a bong! Or when they explode in a joint!!!
But, yeah.. Grow em out.. You never know.. All seeds have the possibility of herming under the right (or wrong) circumstances..., but you can't have too many seeds if they're from good smoke!!

Grow them to the end, you never know what you'll get:thumb:
Think of all the tweezer hash from separating the seeds :passitleft:
Fresh tweezer hash is good for sure! :laughtwo: Yeah, I'm going to follow your suggestion ajagunle , like all of you said,guys! I mean, at this point, let's take this grow as a learning experience and also at how it turns... ;)

Nothing worse than trying to pull a seed thru a bong! Or when they explode in a joint!!!
But, yeah.. Grow em out.. You never know.. All seeds have the possibility of herming under the right (or wrong) circumstances..., but you can't have too many seeds if they're from good smoke!!
Hahahahah :rofl: True!
Time will tell, I guess! We'll see! :;):

Here is the update...Start of Week 5! In the last 2 days, I removed only 1 young and little sack...I think they fatten quite a bit, considering that there are 4 full weeks remaining,at least! Also,trichomes production increased, in my opinion. There is a certain week,when you can spot seeds on the buds or it depends based on the time of pollination? Thanks for all the answers again! Hope you like!

DAY 29 - FLOWERING

Afghan Kush #1
2016-06-10.jpg

2016-06-10_1.jpg

Afghan Kush #2
2016-06-10_2.jpg

2016-06-10_3.jpg

Afghan Kush #3
2016-06-10_4.jpg

2016-06-10_5.jpg

2016-06-10_6.jpg

Mornin' Hidan

Strain and timing. I pulled about 15 seeds from a half gram of my Scott's OG this morning. Couldn't see a one of them. Only saw maybe ten on the whole plant. Be prepared to push them to 11-13 weeks for mature seeds. Depending on how things look you may want to start sampling after week 9.

They sure are pretty :high-five:

Mornin' Hidan

Strain and timing. I pulled about 15 seeds from a half gram of my Scott's OG this morning. Couldn't see a one of them. Only saw maybe ten on the whole plant. Be prepared to push them to 11-13 weeks for mature seeds. Depending on how things look you may want to start sampling after week 9.

They sure are pretty :high-five:

Hey Gypsy! I imagined this answer,but I hope to get some good smoke anyways! The breeder recommend from 45 to 55 days, and I plan on harvesting in Week 8-9....I don't want to risk genetic inherited hermies, maybe if I find some good ones on harvest time,I'll throw them in the wood ahahah:laughtwo:
Also I would like to try different genetics! Thanks for your help! ;)

Looking great Dan! Beautiful buds. :bravo:
Thanks a lot Doc! Hope they will taste good as well! Thanks for stopping!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom