Beardee's First CFL Closet Grow

BeardedGrower

Alright ladies and gentlemen ! As promised I am starting my first journal, my first cfl grow, my first decent indoor grow and hopefully my first successful indoor grow :thumb: .. So sit back, relax, roll a fat one or hit that bong and enjoy the ride with me, I know I certainly will ! :Namaste:

First pic of the newborn:
DSCN14619.JPG

What Strain is it? White Critical (white widow x critical haze)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? 60% Indica 40% Sativa
How Many Plants? 1 plant for now
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? A bit of biobizz light i had laying around from last year, mixed with a pretty good gardening mix from local garden store, all that half mixed with perlit
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 litre pot
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 4x 32w CFL 2x warm white 2x daylight white
Is it Air Cooled? 12 cm pc fan intake, 4 dinky fans sucking the air out
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? don't know yet
RH of Room/Cabinet? ---
PH of Medium or Reservoir? ph of dirt should be between 5 to 7
Any Pests? none yet
How Often are you Watering? when the dirt dries out
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Biobizz grow/bloom, got like 50ml of acti vera also from biobizz
Size or Square Footage of Room? 40cmx40cmx100cm 0.16 m² / 1.3ftx1.3ftx3.2ft 1.72 ft²

Guys, about light leaks .. How srsly should I light proof my closet ? .. I mean it's already pretty well done, but there is like couple of millimeters on top near the door where I can see the light coming out, and a bit at bottom again near the door. And I think a tiny bit of light might be leaking in during "night" near my exhaust .. I'll welcome any advice, thanks

Hey there Pat, yeah I got the seeds last year from a local seedbank. This one is a leftover that i didn't use. But next month or the one after I'll be gettin some new strains, depending on how this grow will go. Thanks for stopping by !

:Namaste: Sounds awesome my man, what strains would you be looking at in the future?

Guys, about light leaks .. How srsly should I light proof my closet ? .. I mean it's already pretty well done, but there is like couple of millimeters on top near the door where I can see the light coming out, and a bit at bottom again near the door. And I think a tiny bit of light might be leaking in during "night" near my exhaust .. I'll welcome any advice, thanks

It depends if you want people to see it or not, don't think that small amount of light could do harm though in my opinion.

in veg, not much of an issue. but in flower you'd want to try to avoid any and all light..even little power strip lights, I put electrical tape over. I like the dark so my room is pretty blacked out already lol. buy some 2 sided b/w plastic and cut pieces and tape them over the areas in question or reflective/insulation tape works easily too! :passitleft:

So as I said I'm currently only using two bulbs, I will be adding 2 more soon, but for now, should I use one 6500K and one 2700K or 2x 6500K ? .. would it be better to mix them or just leave it at one spectrum for veg ? .. thoughts ?

Yo :Namaste: 6500 is good for veg and 2700 is good for flowering, it shouldn't matter too much, try and mix it up a bit with one of each. Apparently the 2700 helps with growing the plant a bit lower, might be wrong too but think I read it somewhere:hmmmm: My setup have both spectrums in, plant is squatting like a Slovakian... If you don't believe me check it out!!

:rofl::rofl:

Your better off with full spectrum CFL'S. 2700K are low on blue and violent. One 2700K on top and two 6500K on sides will do great.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hello everyone, beautiful sunny day outside, so I thought I'd share some news :) .It's been exactly a week out of dirt, she's doing great, or so it seems :p .. temps are reaching around 30C during day, 24-25C at night. Next update, whenever :thumb: ... I really excited lets hope there won't be too many complications along the way .. Cheers ppl !
DSCN14757.JPG

Back
Top Bottom