My First CFL Cabinet Grow!

Welcome CFL man and Mako! I'm watching both of your grows, (and everyone else :reading420magazine:)

I was going to post some pictures, but I think only I would notice the difference. There are 4 new shoots that have grown since I switched to LST. It's turning into a nice little bush. :yummy: I just hope it's a female.

If there is new growth my friend then take the pics for sure, it helps other people when it reaches the same stage in thier grows :thumb:

Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Picture time. I took 3Lions advice, I have a couple of pics from yesterday, and a couple today. The new shoots double in size each day. I looked at my first LST picture, and the main stalk is so visible and bright, now you can't see it! 3 days of LST.

Here is my plant yesterday

here it is today

just keeps on getting bushier. The one thing I'm concerned with is the yellowing of the first set of true leaves. The rest of the plant is looking great and growing at a great pace, I'm probably going to overlook it for now.

Nice update quagland. I'm positive that your LST is gonna work out good. Why not top her man?

Why top her? As you snake her main stalk around the pot in an LST she continues to throw out the pairs of stalks you get from topping. Why terminate that process? You can top then use the two stalks that raise up from that to LST with, but you no longer have the most vigorous stalk to manipulate into giving up pairs of stalks every couple days and you end up without that cola and on Lilbit that is the fattest one by far.

Just my two cents. I may be wrong, I have been known to be. :Rasta: And I am sure to be again. :bongrip:

I may be too easy on my girls...(yeah right), but I don't mix my torture practices. :ganjamon:

Peace my friend.

Why top her? As you snake her main stalk around the pot in an LST she continues to throw out the pairs of stalks you get from topping. Why terminate that process? You can top then use the two stalks that raise up from that to LST with, but you no longer have the most vigorous stalk to manipulate into giving up pairs of stalks every couple days and you end up without that cola and on Lilbit that is the fattest one by far.

Just my two cents. I may be wrong, I have been known to be. :Rasta: And I am sure to be again. :bongrip:

I may be too easy on my girls...(yeah right), but I don't mix my torture practices. :ganjamon:

Peace my friend.

yeah, what he said :ganjamon:

I don't have much vertical space to work with. I like the idea of tying down the stalk and offshoots and having many smaller size buds. Topping and FIM would produce more off shoots, but i don't think it would control the height as well. From what I read, topping is high stress on the plant, and I'm scared of the accidental damage I could do to the plant. That and FIM while effective, do stress out the plant. But, I don't have much experience, so I could be speaking out my ass. I did a couple grows when i was in college, and learned alot then...but most of this is new to me again.

Speaking of stress, I'm seeing a little sign of stress in a couple of the leaves. I'm going to let it be, I gave it a flush of plain distilled water and I'm switching cycles. I'm giving 36 hours of darkness, so at 11am MST I will flip on the lights and see whats up. That will give me some time to catch up with everyone else's threads. Have a safe weekend everyone :bongrip:

I personally wouldnt put in bigger pots, people often use pots much larger than needed, you can produce a lot of bud in teeeeeeeeny pots I assure you.

"Roots are merely a mechanism for the plant to uptake nutrients... therefore, so long as the plant is getting fed regularly enough... a small root system should be capable of sustaining a large plant"

The choice of course is yours.

i'm glad you mention this 3Lions, that was the problem i'm facing once i have a perpetual grow going, I can only fit a certain size pot in my flowering cabinet. i'm mounting the lights so they are across the ceiling of the cab, rather than how i have them in the veg cab. after reading your comment, i decided I'm going to see how long i can go in my current pot...i have one larger size i could use, but that's it. the plant is still going to have some height to it, i only have about 17" of vertical space to use.

Too cool! I LOVE your stealth cab! I'm following this grow! BTW, WTF is LST? I can vaguely remember some backflashes of *** but not LST...hehe. I assume it's some kind of fertilizer?

Anyway, nice job and VERY professional looking. Here's to all becoming girls! We are pretty close to the same age as far as stage of growth. I'm hoping for all girls myself. :goodjob:

Evolution Of A GrowCab-From The School of hard Knocks
Grow Cab Ventilation Redesign-All About Heat
Deep Water Culture - DWC

LST time! When I first read about LST, I knew I wanted to try it. I've also changed my light cycle to 18/6.

I have a question about feeding. I'm giving it 3 tsp of Grow Big, and the FF chart says to also give it 1tsp of Big Bloom. Do I use a little of each during the feeding? Feed it with one, then feed with the other on the next watering? Any help would be great!

Hi MisterPeabody! Welcome! LST is Low Stress Training...tying down the plant rather than topping or FIM'ing.

I remember LS* too, that was my actual gateway drug (friggin' know-it-all MJ prohibitionists)...I had too much fun with that through high school.

Hi MisterPeabody! Welcome! LST is Low Stress Training...tying down the plant rather than topping or FIM'ing.

I remember LS* too, that was my actual gateway drug (friggin' know-it-all MJ prohibitionists)...I had too much fun with that through high school.

Hmmm...OK. Us simple country boys call that "tying down the plant". I've done that for years! LOL! I'm a believer in side foliage having the ability to produce something of substance. About a week later, I tie them back the other way. I can change this about once a week, and fill out the sides and lower areas quite well by week 8 by doing this.

...and yes. High School to me is no more than a blur or flashback...:bongrip:

Hmmm...OK. Us simple country boys call that "tying down the plant". I've done that for years! LOL! I'm a believer in side foliage having the ability to produce something of substance. About a week later, I tie them back the other way. I can change this about once a week, and fill out the sides and lower areas quite well by week 8 by doing this.

haha, ya know everything has to have a fancy acronym these days!

Well, my plant awoke from a 36 hour slumber....

Went to a garden center (Abner's in Wheat Ridge...great people, great place, and decent prices for a mom & pop shop... for the CO growers here) and got a bottle of Big Bloom and a bottle of Tiger Bloom. I mixed a gallon of water with 2 tsp of Tiger Bloom and 1 tbl of Big Bloom...going every other watering. Now I'm on the look out for the sex, but I'll probably have to wait a little while. If it turns out to be a male, eh so be it...

haha, ya know everything has to have a fancy acronym these days!

Well, my plant awoke from a 36 hour slumber....

Went to a garden center (Abner's in Wheat Ridge...great people, great place, and decent prices for a mom & pop shop... for the CO growers here) and got a bottle of Big Bloom and a bottle of Tiger Bloom. I mixed a gallon of water with 2 tsp of Tiger Bloom and 1 tbl of Big Bloom...going every other watering. Now I'm on the look out for the sex, but I'll probably have to wait a little while. If it turns out to be a male, eh so be it...

Dude...that's a sweet looking lady (I hope)! I cant believe how wide the water leaves are. Definitely an Indica. My grow has 10 pots vegging. 1-4 are Bubblegum, White Widow, Big Bud, and Northern lights. The remaining 6 are hand selected bagseed, one of which is definitely Sativa dominant, and comparing it to the others looks more suited to being outside. None are gender known yet.:goodjob:

Thanks MisterPeabody and Mako. It's Blueberry bagseed, so I'm hoping it turns out to be female. 2nd day of flowering, and I figured it was a good time to add a couple 42w 2700k bulbs. I'm going with the 2 42w 2700k, and 2 26w 6500k. Good? Should I tweak it? I figured it would be fine for the one plant...but I'm definitely open to suggestions!

($9 at home depot).

Here's another shot from yesterday coming out of 36 hours of darkness.

here are a couple shots before bedtime, 24 days old...it teases me, I think I see preflowers but its really just a new set of leaves coming in. I just need to be patient.

:Rasta:

Looking great! I just came across your journal. Blueberry is one of my favorite strains!

I'm going with the 2 42w 2700k, and 2 26w 6500k. Good? Should I tweak it? I figured it would be fine for the one plant...but I'm definitely open to suggestions!
:Rasta:

Hey Quagland,

Looks great !

Female :cheer: Female

About the lights,
You should continue to add lights until you can't fit any more !

I would advise that you should end up with at least triple ( Or more ) than you have now.

If you have the budget, HPS is always gonna be a huge improvement.

Check out HTG supply if you are in the market ( Great Customer service ).

:goodjob: + Rep

MJ420:peace:

Back
Top Bottom