Hodder356's CFL Cabinet Grow 2012

things look good, you really did need the extra height and looks like you got it now,

im curious about the cuttings
First I want to show everyone my clones that are in stasis in the fridge. they are in a small jar with water, inside a lidded pickle jar with water in it also.

so from that it sounds to me like you have got the cutting in a small jar and this small jar is inside a bigger jar, both jars have got water in them.

how does this work and how do you do it, did you take cuttings then dip in rooting gel and then place them in the jar and then inside another jar.

ive never came across this method before, how does it work and does it make the cuttings grow roots quicker or does it make them take longer so you can use the cuttings at a slightly later date.

would love to know as ive never seen anyone do this before, ive not been around this site for long so maybe someone else uses this method ive just not seen it before, and well done for getting your plants looking like that using cfls, im also using cfls but have had trouble with my plants stretching much, they got to about 6 inches and then stopped growing and all the lower branches kept growing untill level with the top of the plant, so now i have raised my lights as i had them really close to the plants, ie within 1inch and so i have raised them about 7 inches and i have seen more growth, so how did you get that much growth with yours, how high was your lights compared to the top of the plant, im trying to get some sort of level where the cfls work best as it seems by me keeping them almost touching the plants has stunted upwards growth as the plants didnt need to stretch towards the lights as they was all ready at the lights, so ill see how they go over the next few days, im hoping they now keep growing up till i switch them to flower

Hey everybody....

So I got the info on keeping clones in stasis right off the "how to grow marijuana" page under the GROW ROOM tab above. there are 2 pages that talk about clones in stasis. One post said that he could keep clones in the fridge for up to 8 weeks! So right when i put my plants in 12/12, i took 4 cuttings and stuck em in the fridge lol. they are just naked cuttings and plain water, no chemicals at all. My goal is to start rooting the clones 2 weeks before i harvest my plants so i can have a new grow going while the first one cures. the clones have been in there for my whole flower cycle so far and they look nice and green still, perfectly sleeping in stasis lol.

DSCN00543.JPG

DSCN00587.JPG

As for the lighting question, i started vegging my plants under 6 common cfl's, the bright white ones. they stayed on a 24 hour cycle until 12/12. i kept my plants up on stacks of books to keep them about 4-5 inches away from bulbs. when they got to big i would remove a book until they were ready for flower. now that they are in flower i have 10 cfl's on them, a mix of bright white and soft yellows. plants are still looking nice and healthy, can't wait to show everyone the bud sites in next weeks update!

:welcome::thanks::high-five:

Ok so the third week update comes tomorrow, I hope everyone 's excited! I ended up adding one more level up for plenty of clearance. I've also been tying down a little with pipe cleaners to give all colas good lighting. The buds are way bigger now since I fed them some bloom booster! Check back soon for lots of pics.:thanks:
:high-five:
:morenutes:

Awesome little setup, neat and clean for how tight it is, healthy looking too...............I like the pups much better though. King Charles? They dont shed do they?

mine did, but it was the most loyal and friendly dog i have ever had, it wouldnt leave my side, it would walk everywhere without been on a lead, never run off, would carry anything in its mouth, a great breed of dog, some can be snappy, but if you get a guden then your all right,

Day 20 of flower

Update!!! things are going ok. plants still seem pretty healthy except for some leaves i'll show at the end of post. I'm thinking the problem is too many cola sites or maybe nute stress......hmmmm. i'm gonna stay optimistic cause i still got beautiful buds growing......

DSCN00628.JPG

DSCN00635.JPG

DSCN00648.JPG

DSCN00684.JPG

DSCN00675.JPG

DSCN00697.JPG

DSCN00704.JPG

DSCN00717.JPG

DSCN00725.JPG

DSCN00736.JPG

DSCN00744.JPG

DSCN00758.JPG

in this pic below you can see the bad spots in the middle:
DSCN00765.JPG

DSCN00773.JPG

DSCN00783.JPG

DSCN00792.JPG

DSCN00816.JPG

DSCN00824.JPG

DSCN00856.JPG

So there is the update. the plants were looking a little sick before i started using the bloom booster at 1/4 strength. Im thinking it was a combo of lights too close and a little under watering.....any ideas guys?

:morenutes:
:thanks:
:420:

it could be under watering due to the amount of lights in their, they will dry it up pretty quick, the lights will be drawing the heat upwards and sucking the air in through the bottom, so when the lights heat the cupboard up your going to get this warm air constantly rising and drying out the plants, or it could be nute problem, im really not the best person to tell you mate, ive not got many grows under my belt so hopefully someone else will jump in with some advice, looks like your plants are going to outgrow the cupboard again, might need some more diy mate

have you tied any of the leaves back to prevent the lower buds being in the shade, i used pipe cleaners to tie my fan leaves back, i wouldnt cut them off id pull them out the way and get as much light in to all the buds sites,

thanks for stopping by guys! yeah these plants are some healthy vertical growers lol, i wish they would stop. I'm def gonna start checking the soil more for moisture levels. do you guys think i should trim back the lowest under-performing branches for better room/circulation? i think i'll do some more frequent updates with pics from here on out for more support. thanks guys!
:high-five:

Day 27 of Flower

well things are looking grim everyone. my plants are looking very unhealthy. the leaves are getting very dry and burnt, but I'm convinced it is not a lighting issue. i think it is poor air circulation. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. i might also be under-watering them, still about once week.

DSCN01035.JPG

DSCN01046.JPG

DSCN01056.JPG

DSCN01065.JPG

DSCN01074.JPG

DSCN01085.JPG

DSCN01096.JPG

DSCN01105.JPG

DSCN01115.JPG

DSCN01134.JPG

so if anyone has some thoughts please help lol, thanks everybody.

:thanks:

they do look under waterd mate, i no its hard to get it right, but you need to water them enough each time so you can see water running out the bottom of the pots, you should be able to turn the plants around, at that stage you should be giving them a water every 2 or 3 days and using nutes every other water as well, or even 2 feeds to 1 just water, i would start watering every 2 days or 3 mate, try and fill the post up each time so you have got run off coming out the bottom, then let the plants sit to suck the water back up then allow it to drain away, check humidity as well, and temp, you dont want the temp to high, in a small space like that the temp will soon rise and humidity will fall and dry the plants like that, also if you have got a fan blowing directly on the plants then this causes the leaves to dry out, you need the fan blowing above the plants, or just have a fan in the top of the grow blowing air out the cupboard and allowing it to suck air in at the bottom on its own, this will increase humidity and should help the plants,

so id give them a good water with some nutes in, not a strong mix as you have damaged leaves so start at half strength and keep watering till the water is running out the pot, i have my plants in 3gallon pots and i water each plant about a pint and a half, or 750ml of water, and keep checking till its running out the bottom, not gushing out but just trickling out the bottom of the pot, make sure the drain holes are not blocked as this causes root rot, so give them a water and keep checking for run off, they will need watering every 2 or 3 days depending on temp, you should be able to turn the plants around,

Back
Top Bottom