Hodder356's CFL Cabinet Grow 2012

leave the door open when the lights are on, post a comment in my journal asking for help, im sure theirs plenty of people their that will come in and tell you a whole lot more than i can, just post a comment saying help needed, and explain whats happening and say you got pictures up and want some advice before it gets to bad, ill post a comment as well but you post a comment so people have got a link to click on to get to your journal, id hate for it to all go wrong at this stage so ill do what i can to help, id check temp and humidity and post the results in your journal, if you have got a fan blowing on the plants hard then turn it so its blowing above the plants and is just gently moving the tops of the plants, and give them a good drink every 2 or 3 days, if you can push your fingers down the side of the pot and push them down 2 inches, if you pull your fingers out and its all dry then it needs watering asap, dont go drowing them but give them one good drink and watch the run off and stop when you got run off out the bottom, so gently pour water all around the pot and not just one side of the pot and keep pouring slowly until you see it coming out the bottom of the pot, if their is no run off then poke some holes in the bottom of the pot to rule out root rot been the cause.

but as mentioned the leaves are curling up so thats high temps so you need to get the temp down, leave the door open when the lights are on, you could build a hood that directed the lights onto the plants and still have the door open then just close the door when lights are off,

post a comment on my journal and maybe someone like teSmp can offer you some advice or someone like x, theirs plenty of people on their,

thanks for your help don. i gave em a good drink and got the run off out the bottom, i had been watering like this about once a week but i'll step up the regiment. I've been giving the plants 1/4 strength MG bloom booster. i also forgot to mention ordered a new grow tent that will be here in a few days, can't wait! thanks again for the help don, and everybody!

:thanks:

no probs mate, just keep an eye on it over the next few days to a week, now you have give i a good water give it at least 2 days then stick your fingers down the side the of the pot, if you pull them out and you got load of soil stuck to them then leave it another day but if hardly anything is stuck to your fingers and the soil feels dry to the touch then give it another water until you get run off, just pour it slow and stop when you see it trickling or running out the bottom then give it few days and check, im not sure about the mg bloom booster so couldnt guide you on the strength of it, but if you have given it 1/4 strength then i doubt the problem is over nute, ill drop a not in my journal and see if peeps can come and give you some advice, just keep an eye on the watering for now, it needs to be more than once a week, im watering mine every 3 days, and my plants are know where near as big as yours yet, plus when you give nutes give one feed with nute and the next without, this stops salts building up and will stop the plant suffering due to this, so if you fed with nutes this water then leave it out next time and water till you get run off, doing this will run out any build up of nutes then next time you water add the nutes again, if this is a under water problem you should notice the plants looking better withing 24hours, some plants look better after a couple of hours, keep an eye on temps also. i know cfls on their own dont put much heat out but having them like that builds the heat up, im using the same sort of set up and have a 12v computer fan blowing around the plants, its not blowing on the plants as this draws water out the leaves and dries them up.

another thing to consider is as the plant gets nearer to the end of the budding stage the leaves will start to die off due to the lack off N in the nutrients so some leaves will die off naturally, if your using just 2700kelvin cfls then stick 1 or 2 6500k bulbs in to suplement growth a bit, they say its best to mix them up during both stages at a ratio of 3/1, so for flower you would have 3 x 6500k cfls and 1 2700k cfl but you will only need 1 or 2 at this stage, it just helps keep the plant ticking over while its flowering,

post a msg after 24hours and let us know how its getting on, if it is under water then you should notice a difference but make sure the temps not to high and that the plants are getting fresh air, standing air does them no good, i try and open my door for a few hours a day even if its only open an inch or 2, my door is only closed fully during dark period or when the temps are down, but where i am not its getting warmer so ill need to keep my door slightly open as i dont have a fan drawing air into the grow room yet, its something i need to do but i have got 3 grow rooms going now, 2 veg and 1 flower, i only planned on having the 1 grow going but im trying something out, to see what gives me the quickest turn around for the most yield, keep us updated and just keep an eye on things

no probs mate, just keep an eye on it over the next few days to a week, now you have give i a good water give it at least 2 days then stick your fingers down the side the of the pot, if you pull them out and you got load of soil stuck to them then leave it another day but if hardly anything is stuck to your fingers and the soil feels dry to the touch then give it another water until you get run off, just pour it slow and stop when you see it trickling or running out the bottom then give it few days and check, im not sure about the mg bloom booster so couldnt guide you on the strength of it, but if you have given it 1/4 strength then i doubt the problem is over nute, ill drop a not in my journal and see if peeps can come and give you some advice, just keep an eye on the watering for now, it needs to be more than once a week, im watering mine every 3 days, and my plants are know where near as big as yours yet, plus when you give nutes give one feed with nute and the next without, this stops salts building up and will stop the plant suffering due to this, so if you fed with nutes this water then leave it out next time and water till you get run off, doing this will run out any build up of nutes then next time you water add the nutes again, if this is a under water problem you should notice the plants looking better withing 24hours, some plants look better after a couple of hours, keep an eye on temps also. i know cfls on their own dont put much heat out but having them like that builds the heat up, im using the same sort of set up and have a 12v computer fan blowing around the plants, its not blowing on the plants as this draws water out the leaves and dries them up.

another thing to consider is as the plant gets nearer to the end of the budding stage the leaves will start to die off due to the lack off N in the nutrients so some leaves will die off naturally, if your using just 2700kelvin cfls then stick 1 or 2 6500k bulbs in to suplement growth a bit, they say its best to mix them up during both stages at a ratio of 3/1, so for flower you would have 3 x 6500k cfls and 1 2700k cfl but you will only need 1 or 2 at this stage, it just helps keep the plant ticking over while its flowering,

post a msg after 24hours and let us know how its getting on, if it is under water then you should notice a difference but make sure the temps not to high and that the plants are getting fresh air, standing air does them no good, i try and open my door for a few hours a day even if its only open an inch or 2, my door is only closed fully during dark period or when the temps are down, but where i am not its getting warmer so ill need to keep my door slightly open as i dont have a fan drawing air into the grow room yet, its something i need to do but i have got 3 grow rooms going now, 2 veg and 1 flower, i only planned on having the 1 grow going but im trying something out, to see what gives me the quickest turn around for the most yield, keep us updated and just keep an eye on things

Hi mate, you wont get any pollen from female plants, so check all the stems and node sites for signs of male plants pollen sacks if you do find these or a hermie plant then do your best to remove it, chances are if it is pollen then it has all ready pollenated the other plants, it only takes a gentle breeze to send pollen all over the place.

have you been spraying your plants with water every few days or have you just left them dry, it might not be pollen it could be dust on the plants due to not spraying them with mist of water from spray bottle, or it could be dried out buds due to the lack of watering, if you dont see signs of male plants parts or you dont find a hermie plant then it might not be pollen, if it is pollen then they will all be pollenated now and you will end up with seeds, its not a sign to give up as i have bought plenty of buds that have had seeds in them, this is usually due to hermie plant or a high plant count and a male has gone un-noticed, so at this stage their isnt much you can do, if the plants buds are not that big then give them all a good spray with room temp plain water to wash the leaves and bring some moisture back into the plants and the grow room, the lack of water could have stressed the plant and forced one to turn hermie as a last resort to save the plant from not producing seeds, these plants will do this to ensure they get pollenated before they die due to stress, as you have now watered you should have started to notice the plant look better, if the plant is not that far into flower, ie you have more than sat 3 weeks left then give the whole plant a good spray with water, check for males and hermies first before doing this, if you find hermie parts and cant remove the plan then all you can do is keep pulling the pollen sacks off as and when you see them, doing this will prevent the plat pollenating the rest of the plants, apart from that mate theirs not much else you can do, people still smoke bud with seeds in and its still sold with seeds in and its still a good smoke so dont fret to much, just check and check again for a male or hermie part on one of the plants, id give them all a spray and make sure they are clean just in case its dust, it might not be pollen it might be dried plant matter due to high temps and lack of watering, let me know what you find ok

Day 35 of "flower"

hey all. hope everyone is well, this is now an official hermie grow lol, lots of seeds, frosty, but seedy. must of stressed the plants too much with light leaks, air moisture level, and nute burn, seedy pot is better than none i guess. i'll chat more next week, i got my new Secret Jardin grow tent in the mail and have seeds sprouting for another go at it. i'll give this seedy grow another couple weeks and then i'll focus on the new grow. here are some pics, again be ready to see some SEEDS lol. this journal will be a nice lesson for new growers! thanks for stopping by y'all, especially Don, peace.

DSCN01359.JPG

DSCN01366.JPG

DSCN01379.JPG

DSCN01407.JPG

DSCN01417.JPG

DSCN01435.JPG

DSCN01446.JPG

DSCN01455.JPG

DSCN01465.JPG

DSCN01474.JPG

hi mate, hows things, the plants do look a lot healthier though now dont they, but you will now know for next time what is best and what is not, i water mine every 3 days till i get run off coming out the bottom then i let them drain for a minute or 2 before placing them back under the lights, i find it easier to take the plants out of the flower room and put them in the sink and water that way, keeps humidity down in flower room and prevents damp and mould forming, i have been giving mine nutes at every feed but ive been using bpn now so couldnt advise on how often with other brands,

i have smoked and purchased loads of bud with seeds in, its not a problem if you have grown it yourself as your not buying bud that has seeds weighting it down.

now the good news is that as the plant is officialy a hermie then this means most of the seeds will be femenised, their is also the chance the plant will hermie again under any stress but most seeds banks sell femenised seeds that have come from hermie plants so you should let the seeds develop fully and harvest the plant when its ready and keep the seeds for future grows, most of them should be femenised seeds.

but at least you got them to flower and produced some smokable bud and thats the main thing, having seeds dont always mean low quality i have had loads of really nice bid that has had seeds in it so i would worry to much about the seeds, just make sure you take them out before smoking as they can leave a nasty taste, if i lived closer to you id see if you wanted to sell or donate any seeds you dont want so i could try the strain myself, dont get throwing the seeds away as most should be females if not all of them, so keep hold of them, any you do grow just keep an eye on the plants, you should notice signs of male pods long before they release pollen so as long as the plants dont stress and you keep checking every few days then you should be ok, let us know what the smoke was like when its dried and cured. i think you will be surprised by the quality

Day 44 of "flower"

just a quick update on my seed producers lol. can't tell why i can't fix the burnt leaves. i think they may be root bound. just letting them finish to get some seeds. i already have my new grow tent up and running with some sprouts, ill start new journal after this one. hopefully my next attempt goes better, i plan on flowering sooner and giving them way bigger pots for root room. here is the hermit disaster thus far, day 44 of 12/12.

DSCN014810.JPG

DSCN01496.JPG

DSCN01505.JPG

DSCN01514.JPG

DSCN01523.JPG

DSCN01534.JPG

yup, the tops are nice and frosty, just all seeds lol. thanks for viewing my hermie grow everyone!

not good mate, do you recon you have got anything on their worth smoking or is it all to much seed, is their no way any of it would be worth drying and smoking, you should be able to get some off it i would of thought, what pot size are they in, mine are in 3 gallon pots and are about a foot high so should take plants between 2 and 3 ft high, i used 3g pots as i was planning on flowering at a foot tall and hoping on getting 2 or 3 ft plants when i had finished, anyways that didnt happen and i flowered before they got that big, i got 1 hermie as well so pulled it out flower room before the pollen sacks opend, ill grow it elsewhere and collect the seeds for future grows,

now as for the seeds mate ive had mixed reviews on how the seeds turn out, some say they will mainly grow hermie plants, others say they should only be female due to no male genes been present and others say a mixture of hermie and females, but if their grow conditions are kept perfect their is no reason why they should hermie, so i would have a read up on it if you was going to grow the seeds, id give it a try and just keep an eye on the plants when you switch to flower, or dont use scrog then you could pull the plants as and when needed, im growing some 2ltr hempies with free seeds i got sent and gone strait to flower from seed so ill pull the males and flower the females,

when you start your next grow put the new journal under your signature so we can come and have a look at your new grow,

you have any idea what caused them to hermi? you gonna try another grow, they where next looking plnts in the beginnning of your grow

it was lack of water that made them go hermie, i dont think he had chance to check on the plants very often, but one day he came on and showed the pics and when we started asking about watering and stuff like that we found out the plants where low on water, so i think the lack of water was the cause of the hermie, not sure if he got any smoke of it or not, would be good to hear if the grower is still around, and the perfect question is, are you growing again, give us all a shout back if you are

Hey thanks for the concern guys lol. Sorry bout not posting, I'm gonna chop these hermies down this week I think, but after doing more reading/investigating I'm pretty certain they hermied cause of light pollution during the dark periods. The back of cab wasn't sealed enough. I'm just hoping for good seeds now lol. Ill post pics of them soon. Im gonna start the new journal soon, my 4 seedlings look good in the new grow tent, our goal now donpaul is for real females lol. See ya guys soon!

good to hear back from you mate, give us a shout when you got the new journal up, yep light does cause hermie if it gets in during the dark period, you know when you go 12-12 next time couldnt you do it so the night period is actualy when its dark outside, this would not matter than to much as their would be no light to get it,

Day 58 of "Flower" CHOP DAY

WARNING, what you are about to see is very disturbing.....viewer discretion is advised

i decided to chop my hermie plants because its been 8 weeks and the seeds on the tops are all good hard brown seeds. this was a grow that taught me a lot. so here you go, fully grown, hermaphrodites. light pollution caused it, plus under-watering when they got big stressed them out adding to the hermie problem.

DSCN01876.JPG

DSCN01885.JPG

DSCN01895.JPG

DSCN01906.JPG

DSCN01915.JPG

DSCN01923.JPG

DSCN01933.JPG

the soil shots show that the plants were never root bound, the pot size was good for how big they got. i want to show a pic of all the seeds after they dry a bit. after manicuring the "buds" my fingers were all black and the plants smelled really skunky. so on the positive side i grew plants that made it through budding cycle and produced some stinky buds. the negatives are that they hermied on me due to stress and light pollution, and for some reason still unknown that leaves dried up real bad while most bud growth remained green and lush. after posting this i will start my new journal. hopefully we can all help me grow some plants that stay healthy and female. so far in my growing attempts i do fine in the veg cycle, its the flower cycle thats gets me. thanks for watching this tragic yet fun grow from the start.

:420:

:party::tokin:

Back
Top Bottom