Flowerhead's 1st Ever - Cabinet - CFL - Grow 2016

Flowerhead

Heya guys,

thought I would start a new grow journal so I can utilise as much of your wisdom as I can so that I have positive results.
so, I am growing in a cupboard, using CFL and am only growing for personal use. It is illegal to grow weed where I am in Australia, however I have paid dealers for 20 years, and now I figure fuck it, why not try myself. here are the details......

WHAT STRAIN? No idea. bag seeds and clones. 3 clones and up to 12 bag seeds from 2 different donors.
IS IT IN VEG OR FLOWER? Veg. just germinated seeds and I have 3 clones in Veg.
INDOOR/OUTDOOR? Indoor closet
SOIL OR HYDRO? Soil, Hortico All Purpose Potting Mix + peat moss + perlite
WHAT SIZE POT? small
SIZE OF LIGHT? 5x 24w cfl (4x cool white, 1x warm white). 18/6 light cycle
IS IT AIRCOOLED? Passive intake
TEMPERATURE OF CAB? ranging from 24-30 degrees Celsius
RH OF CAB? 41%
PH OF MEDIUM? Approximately 6.8

there will be some photos uploaded very soon. please feel free to comment or ask any questions. I want this to be a successful result

Cheers

420-magazine-mobile679917775.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1541915613.jpg

☃ MJ

Hi
I joined your journal> I am a total newbie but if I can help I always do.
If I see a problem and don't have the answer.. I always call someone in to help ! :welcome:
I sent you a link in your welcome post about how to add your journal link to your signature

Hi
I joined your journal> I am a total newbie but if I can help I always do.
If I see a problem and don't have the answer.. I always call someone in to help ! :welcome:
I sent you a link in your welcome post about how to add your journal link to your signature
Thanks heaps AngryBird.

☃ MJ

420-magazine-mobile654665812.jpg
and this is the main cut that we were going with.
Not sure if i should be doing anything to them at this point, so just going with the flow.

☃ MJ

Hi Flowerhead, those clones are doing well it seems. How old are they? I found that my clones didn't really put on new growth until like 10 days after they were repotted into pots once I saw roots popping. It's a patience game, basically until new growth emerges there's nothing for you to do but feed and love them. You'll be more entertained with the seedlings imo.

Anyways best of luck to you, I'll tag along and watch your and your plants development. Welcome to the forums :welcome:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hi Flowerhead, those clones are doing well it seems. How old are they? I found that my clones didn't really put on new growth until like 10 days after they were repotted into pots once I saw roots popping. It's a patience game, basically until new growth emerges there's nothing for you to do but feed and love them. You'll be more entertained with the seedlings imo.

Anyways best of luck to you, I'll tag along and watch your and your plants development. Welcome to the forums :welcome:

Hi Snidrajsed, thanks for jumping on board. I picked the clones up 16 days ago. And they were moved from jiffy pots into the 140mm pots 2 days ago. Do i need to have a dome on the seedlings? Or now that they sprouted, keep it off?

☃ MJ

I usually keep it off unless they look to be drying out too fast. This way they are getting acclimated to their actual environment. Higher Humidity is good for seedlings on one hand, but the dome keep things colder inside causing slower growth, it's a catch 22 in my opinion. Also, If they have too much Humidity above ground then they feel like roots aren't not the primary focus of development in early stages of life when it's most important. So if your Rh is higher than say 40% I'd leave it off. Any lower than 40% leave it on and let it breath a few times a day. This is merely my own opinion and is based on my own experiences.

I usually keep it off unless they look to be drying out too fast. This way they are getting acclimated to their actual environment. Higher Humidity is good for seedlings on one hand, but the dome keep things colder inside causing slower growth, it's a catch 22 in my opinion. Also, If they have too much Humidity above ground then they feel like roots aren't not the primary focus of development in early stages of life when it's most important. So if your Rh is higher than say 40% I'd leave it off. Any lower than 40% leave it on and let it breath a few times a day. This is merely my own opinion and is based on my own experiences.

Cheers. I had a similar thought process (without evidence), figured once they were above ground the more work the roots had to do to find water the better. 'Dome for clone'... off it is. .

☃ MJ

Ok, so i was just hanging with the seedlings and realised that some sprouts already have roots growing out the 'very' small hole in the bottom of the seed tray. I have just raced up the shop and grabbed some drink cups. Going to do a delicate transplant. I know this is risky, however if i dont do it now there will definitely be root damage when it does come time to upsize. I dont know why i started in the seed tray instead of cups from the start, but its done now and hopefully we go alright. Wish me luck. (Although, just bag seeds, so no $ lost).

☃ MJ

Back
Top Bottom