1st Grow - Northern Lights x Columbian Gold - CFL's

Looking good man. Make sure to take the time to dry and cure it properly. With bud that nice it only gets better with patience.

For sure, one thing I hate is low quality cannabis due to people not curing and flushing. Will cure it for at least a week though before it's first test smoke.

So last night I took about 20 pics to check trichomes in all the lower buds. To my surprise some of them were showing the trichs cloudy as well with hints of amber, chopped 3 branches and here are the results.

50 or so grams from just these 3 branches.

11737.JPG
21320.JPG

ALOT more left, the biggest cola is just about ready.
31183.JPG

u'll lose half probably maybe more in water but hope u its not too much. dry it right and enjoy it. dont rush it now after months of growing, common mistake by new growrs and impatience gets u no where. all the best forcrimbo and new years.

I expect to lose half weight as well and I will admit I did a smoke test on a half gram nug a few hours ago, quick dried it with paper towels in a tupperware container that was posted somewhere on this site. I found that way very effective in getting my first smoke in just to see what's up. It did not taste harsh, actually tasted quite good and got me VERY medicated, however the remaining 172 grams wet weight will be dried the right way and put in jars.

hey mate each to their own if u need smoke its there.. its easy to say cure properly but im lucky enough to have enough so i can smoke and cure at same time. curing it properly is best way but fuck if u dont have much u'll still get wasted, only it may not taste quite as nice. thats about it.

For sure Cultivator! As I took a few bong hits I just realized I have so much more to look forward to in regards of taste, honestly I was completely ready for it to taste like junk but instead it was a very earthy taste and the only other words is that it tasted fresh.

Man I have been vegging the girls for 2 months now, once again I cant wait for the same feeling of packing my bong with my own gear and comment on it.

I'd do hourly checks during day 5 :thumb:

Well today is day 5 for a smaller batch as I harvested a few buds that needed to be pulled asap before I waited another 24 hours to pull the bigger cola's. Hopefully everything is ready for the jars tomorrow!

So I think I have a problem, I was gone for 48 hours when they were a bit moist still and today when I got back they are pretty crisp and 44 grams on the scale. I read some things up so I put a cottonball wrapped in foil that was damp into the jar with lid closed. Any suggustions? However I did smoke a bit, have had 3-4 bong rips for past 3-4 hours! The high hits pretty fast and when I first grinded it up, it was very fine grinded and dry, A few mins later as it was in the grinder I notice it start to fluff back up. hmmm!

34 grams, tell me if too dry is not good, lol my weed shrunk half the size it was 2 days ago.

DSC006254.JPG
DSC006291.JPG

They look great man :) The buds will definitely shrink during drying. The weight will drop a lot too.
One method I tried with buds that were too dry was fresh leaves. Just added a fresh leaf in the jar for 24 hours, got them great and juicy again. I've heard a piece of bread in the jar left 24 hours will do great too :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom