NLnovice's Northern Lights - Soil - CFL - Cabinet Grow 2012

hey guys i wanted to throw a idea out for ppl to comment on do u think i can get away with using that air condition filter for my home made can filter with carbon i would used maybe 2 filter on the out side and pantee hose on the inside tube comments would be great on this matter

Day 91 Flower 56

Did my first trich check and was pleasantly surprised at what I found. I checked two of the smaller side buds and at the base of the main cola. Wow... The trichs were about 70% cloudy, 20% clear, and 10% amber. After seeing this I decided to remove one of the smaller buds that was in the front of the plant. This bud was getting smashed every time the door was closed. Trimmed it and put in a dark cabinet to dry. In a few days I will gladly try it and see where I stand. The main cola seems to be developing slower than the smaller buds. Will continue to check trichs every few days.
Anyone with more experience who could give a rough estimate of how long trichs take to develop? Any ideas at how long it takes to go from 70% cloudy, 20% clear, 10% amber to all cloudy and some amber? Any info or guesses are appreciated...Thanks

Day 91 Flower 56
91-01.jpg
91-02.jpg
91-03.jpg

im looking at getting a pump spraye, makes sense really, i have found that watering with jugs makes channels in the soil and it just drains strait out the bottom, using a sprayer will give me an even water and allow it to soak into the whole of the compost, so im taking up your idea,

im looking at getting a pump spraye, makes sense really, i have found that watering with jugs makes channels in the soil and it just drains strait out the bottom, using a sprayer will give me an even water and allow it to soak into the whole of the compost, so im taking up your idea,

Best $10 spent on my grow, love the pump sprayer, no more channels and happier roots.

hey guys i wanted to throw a idea out for ppl to comment on do u think i can get away with using that air condition filter for my home made can filter with carbon i would used maybe 2 filter on the out side and pantee hose on the inside tube comments would be great on this matter

Hi geturgrowon,
Instead of using that air conditioner filter you could use a carbon pre filter made for air purifiers. It is much thicker and will actually absorb some of the odor. I made my own filter but ended up not using it for size reasons. Here is a pic of the filter and the wire mesh pencil holder I used. I wrapped the fiter around the silver holder and connected a 4" duct with some tape. It worked ok but I just had the one plant that was not stinky at all. There are pics and posts on this site for a do it yourself filter like you are describing. Interested to see anyone elses ideas on filters to possibly use for future grows.
filter25.jpg
filter110.jpg
filter32.jpg

Thank you to tommytim1888 and easeedoesit for the kind words and encouragement. Welcome buckshot glad you followed.

As week 9 ends here is a small update on my plans to harvest. I tested a small bud recently and was very happy with the results. It was a rather bland taste, that was expected since it was quick dry test bud. As for the high... it was very cerebral. A strong high that lasted a fair amount of time. There was no couchlock and I found myself full of laughter which was great. With this test I have decided to let my girl go for another week. I will be able to give her three waterings of plain water and chop her at the end of week 10. Unless something dramatic happens this is my plan.

As I think about future grows I would like to ask anyone out there if they have experience growing any strains of Skunk. In particular Skunk #1 or Skunk x Northern Lights? Looking for seed brand suggestions and any other info on growing skunk?
Thanks in advance.

hi nl sad to hear bud tasted bland i think your idea ofletting her go another week is a good one it wont do any harm.im intrested to hear how she tastes then.your question about other strains as you know im growing royal queen seeds skunk just now she hasnt been a problem so far for me.she handles the het better than most.i will let you know about the taste and high asap.KEEP ON GROWING M8:peace:

Your girl is lookin good mate!:thumb: I dont kno what the cause of yellow tips are? My new growth is a lighter green than her lower fans, but once they get say 4-5 inch long they darken in color.
You have a good looking plant, but i suggest you try looking into any causes of yellowing tips, maybe just a trace element needed.. Be careful with feeding her too much nutes, she can handle quarter strength at this stage no probs, but id go fairly lightly for nxt few weeks.
Last thing you want is her nute burning on ya! My girl would be looking like yours but im doing sum LST while she at this stage and then im letting her go vert once she passes her 80cm long pot..
As ur soil has nutes in it, just be wary of how much N is going into ur girl, As soil holds onto nutes for little while so a build up can cause lock out of essential nutes.
Goodluk buddy and cant wait to see sum nice NL BUDS!!:) Be cool..Smokemup..

Best $10 spent on my grow, love the pump sprayer, no more channels and happier roots.

Hey mate, I usually fill up a 750ml drink bottle with a small pull up top, and wet the top soil first enough to allow the water to soak a bit, then after couple mins, i give her the rest of her water/nutes and that way the soil is thoroughly wet and doesnt just run thru channels or thru the loose soil.

Thanks tommytim1888, we will see how it tastes in a couple weeks. Very interested in your royal queens skunk grow. Any info about the strain or the grow is appreciated.

Glad to have you here easeedoesit and continued luck with your grow as well.

Welcome amsterdam28, thanks for the kind words. Should have some harvest pics and info soon. Probably chop her in a week or less.

Back
Top Bottom