My very 1st Grow- Northern Lights

Hey, Princess,

I forgot to add: I think the reason the leaves are curling up is because you have a magnesium deficiency. When your fertilizer arrives, add 1 tablespoon / gal of Epsom Salts. It's just magnesium sulphate. Don't even think of using that laxative stuff. If you don't have it, get some. It's good for baths, too.

If money isn't an issue, get some CalMag (a supplement that contains calcium and magnesium). It's really handy to have around. Use it according to its directions.

If a magnesium deficiency goes unchecked, it looks like this:

plant3mg.jpeg

plant1mg.jpeg

P. S. I know you're interested in LST and stuff like that. I can post some great stuff on this when you're ready.

ggrant that last post was very informative i acutally like using the soft lights for flowering but i use 2-23w soft lights

princesspot- dont worry ahaha it aint that scary its acutally pretty simple but it could be simpler

Wow this is looking all bad... I don't know if that is going to make it... I think you are having a pH issue... I have never seen that from lack of light... do you have a pH meter?

:peacetwo:

Princess,

Do this stat!

Flush the plant wiht plenty of water (free-standing water). Make sure the runoff is clean. You want to get rid of anything bad in the soil.

If you've already fertilized her with the worm castings, flush the plant anyway. You don't want anything in the soil blocking nutrient uptake.

Worm castings are extremely mild. You can't overdose a plant using it, in fact, you can actually grow marijuana in pure worm castings!

If it's a powder, mix it with some water. Or maybe you have to make a tea with it, i.e., boil it in some water. I've never used it and I can't find any directions on how to make it. Hopefully, you have some directions on the package.

To get your pH from 7.1 to 6.4 (optimal), use 1/10 tsp/gal of lemon juice or 5% vinegar. Make up a batch of this 6.4 pH water and use it with your nutrients when you water your plant. If you have a worm casting tea, just add a drop of lemon juice or vinegar to drop the pH a tad.

After you water the plant, put some of the tea in an aerosol bottle and spray the plant (foliar feed). You can do this fairly often, e.g., every 4 hours.

If your plant is very close to the light, move it further away until it recovers. This is important! It can't use all that light energy. It will destroy the remaining leaf tissue.

As long as there is some green somewhere on the plant, it may survive.

Oh, one more thing, Princess.

It's pretty hard to measure out 1/10 of a teaspoon of lemon juice, so I recommend orange juice.

Orange juice has a pH of about 3.5. Lemon juice has a pH of 2.5. Therefore orange juice is 10 times weaker that lemon juice (pH is a logarithmic scale). So you need ten times as much as orange juice to get the same effect.

This translates to - 1 tsp/gal of orange juice will change your pH from 7.0 to 6.4.

Princess,

Do this stat!

Flush the plant wiht plenty of water (free-standing water). Make sure the runoff is clean. You want to get rid of anything bad in the soil.

If you've already fertilized her with the worm castings, flush the plant anyway. You don't want anything in the soil blocking nutrient uptake.

Worm castings are extremely mild. You can't overdose a plant using it, in fact, you can actually grow marijuana in pure worm castings!

If it's a powder, mix it with some water. Or maybe you have to make a tea with it, i.e., boil it in some water. I've never used it and I can't find any directions on how to make it. Hopefully, you have some directions on the package.

To get your pH from 7.1 to 6.4 (optimal), use 1/10 tsp/gal of lemon juice or 5% vinegar. Make up a batch of this 6.4 pH water and use it with your nutrients when you water your plant. If you have a worm casting tea, just add a drop of lemon juice or vinegar to drop the pH a tad.

After you water the plant, put some of the tea in an aerosol bottle and spray the plant (foliar feed). You can do this fairly often, e.g., every 4 hours.

If your plant is very close to the light, move it further away until it recovers. This is important! It can't use all that light energy. It will destroy the remaining leaf tissue.

As long as there is some green somewhere on the plant, it may survive.
Thanks! I definitely moved the light back cause it seems to only be making her look worse. Blue planet nutrients should be here in a few hours. Because of her condition how much would be appropriate to feed her? Full? Half? Foliar sprits and in soil?

Give her 1/2 strength nutrients, Princess. You don't want to shock her. And definitely foliar feed. If you get this before the nutrients arrive spray the leaves with water. You don't want the leaves to dry out and die!

Remember to Flush !!!

This gal is very sick. You want to start her off on a simple broth. At this point, a small amount of nutrients would be more than enough for her. If she starts to recover, you can plan to give her some more.

Definitely foliar feed! This is the fastest way for a plant to absorb nutrients. The human equivalent is intravenous feeding.

Remember to keep her away from strong light. I wish I had thought of saying this earlier. It will slow down her metabolism and will slow down evaporation from the leaves. Keep the temperature on the cool side for the same reason - to slow down evaporation.

You want to keep her hydrated. That's why you should spray the leaves. Use plain water until the nutrients arrive, then make up the foliar spray. A foliar spray has 1/4 strength nutrients.

I use a foliar spray on my plants about 8 times a day. Yeah, probably excessive, but the plants love it!

Oh, when I say to move her away from strong light, I don't mean from 2" to 4" away from the light. Move her at least 12" away!

MJ needs only a small amount of light for photosynthesis! Cannabis has been known to flower under moonlight! Think of how you would feel if you were sick. Would you rather be in a cool room drinking plenty of liquids or lying in the hot sun with nothing to drink?

Back
Top Bottom