1st Grow - Northern Lights x Columbian Gold - CFL's

So flushing has been in my mind more and more lately, I'm thinking a couple more nutrient filled waterings and it'll be ready to start using plain phed water. Any other ideas?
Just flushed and changed nutes on my vegger and bloomer today..1 or 2 more left on this bloomer, then PH'd water until I harvest. She has been such a strong little girl, putting up with ALL my experimenting, so I think I'll reveg, take clones and flower 1 more time:cheesygrinsmiley:I would stick to your plan unless your trichs tell you otherwise.:tokin:

Week 4 of flowering complete, quick pic here she is :roorrip:

DSC003897.JPG

Hi mate just caught the end of this journal. not to put anyone down but noticed a little bad advice here and there.

U really want to defoliate especialy with cfl grow. Its real easy just get those fan leaves off, i strip my plants bare. i dont recomend it so much in soil and def not in outdoor grows. It will work to increase yield and increase quality and potency of lower buds. dont be shy, u cant really mess it up, just give a little superthrive after defoliation. Superthrive can slow flower a little though so dont use it too often in flower, only when plants are stressed.

For flushing first drop to 1/4 strength nute and give good rinse. belive it or not this will actually get rid of excess salts and nutes. the weak nute acts like a magnet to anything in there. Then give a few days water.

If possible switch to hps in futre mate, theres a huge diff. ofcourse ur bills will go up but end result is worth it. get some dwc in there and u'll be well happy.

Nice attempt on ur first grow.

Thanks for the info! Quarter strength watering tonight looks like it. Regarding defoliating does it matter where you remove the leaves like if the fan leave stem is close to the bud sites do I need to worry about damaging a bud or pistols.

Wow just did some defoliating and discovered alot of dead....(hold on bong rip time) okay back to writing, yea So I discovered alot of dead leaves on the bottom by her trunk. Cleaned that right up to be sure she's using energy on the buds!

hey tod pics will be up shortly :D. also im doing high defoliation because i was doing cfl and i think i wil still be doing that in flower. I am going to go with a trimming on day 21 and day 45 as 420fied. just so that all the lower nodes get the light evenly. ialso trimmed 6 days ago and they are all bushy again but because they are going into flower they will not be trimmed till day 21 of 12/12. alright time to take that picture.

Wow just did some defoliating and discovered alot of dead....(hold on bong rip time) okay back to writing, yea So I discovered alot of dead leaves on the bottom by her trunk. Cleaned that right up to be sure she's using energy on the buds!
I probably "clean up" on a weekly to bi-weekly basis. No harm, no foul....I took too much 1 time, learned from it, moved on. You are right about sending the good stuff up to the buds!! Happy farming! :thumb:

Well entering week 5 of flowering soon and she looks like this :) Trich pics as well with a little microscope adapter I bought for my iPhone for only 7 bucks. Will return in a few more days with cam pics from the Sony.

11722.jpg
photo10.PNG
photo_2_1.PNG
photo_3_.PNG

Well entering week 5 of flowering soon and she looks like this :) Trich pics as well with a little microscope adapter I bought for my iPhone for only 7 bucks. Will return in a few more days with cam pics from the Sony.

11722.jpg
photo10.PNG
photo_2_1.PNG
photo_3_.PNG
What a nice, healthy plant:goodjob:...still waiting for better trich development going into week 6...I think she is actually recovered from all the moving she has done since August..from a closet, to an inside utility room, to the tent...I am seeing lots of new growth in the tops...I am hoping for a Christmas harvest...:cheesygrinsmiley:

I have an amazing pic update (Well pretty amazing to me hahahaha probably bc Im really stoned, Woo I love my bong!) Week 5 of flowering is now complete, tomorrow will be the first day of week 6. Watered last night with reg pHed water, will water tomorrow night if needed with only quarter strength of the nutrients to comply with the arrival of those milky trichomes for harvest. Humidity low is 51% with a high of 89% anyways here are some pics with one microscope pic as well. ENJOY AND TAKE a bong rip for me, cheers yall and goodnight :ciao:

DSC004036.JPG
DSC004074.JPG
DSC004116.JPG
DSC004175.JPG
DSC004225.JPG
DSC004246.JPG
DSC004235.JPG
photo11.PNG

Back
Top Bottom