1st Grow - Northern Lights x Columbian Gold - CFL's

So in the last pic I posted I mentioned I defoliated a bit, well it seems that a bunch of smaller leaves have popped up overnight :) Before this grow even started I did ALOT of research on :420: and numerous sites. I think it's going to pay off huge!!!:allgood:

photo_10_31.JPG

Thats a great start, flourecent was my first ever as well. She looks very healthy and nice...

You could consider trimming below the pot line. It will help the top growth considerably.

Way to go!
Just read this through and wow, looks great, truly vigorous plant you have there, healthy as hell, growth speed looks like out of this world :D
You're going to have great harvest if everything goes like so far, soon it's me who's jealous when you hit 12/12... Outstanding from my point of view :high-five:

P.S Personally i thought CFL's were kind of the "poor mans choice", but your journal just blew my prejudices out the window!!!

@Grwn: Yea I see what you mean, them leaves below pot line aren't contributing to much!

@ Kiiwi: I haven't had any problems throughout her 26 days, actually find it quite easy considering a first grow. My set up looks like the "poor mans choice" pic time! haha

Okay so here we have my chemistry tools out for the first 12/12 cycle
photo_11_24.JPG

And here is my complete set up, day 26 looking like a straight up champ on that growth though
photo_12_22.JPG

@Grwn: Yea I see what you mean, them leaves below pot line aren't contributing to much!

@ Kiiwi: I haven't had any problems throughout her 26 days, actually find it quite easy considering a first grow. My set up looks like the "poor mans choice" pic time! haha

Okay so here we have my chemistry tools out for the first 12/12 cycle
photo_11_24.JPG

And here is my complete set up, day 26 looking like a straight up champ on that growth though
photo_12_22.JPG

This look brings back 12 years and a lot of memories :D

That is a great investment and come back. Considering you can use the same setup all year long. Best part is that you learn how to handle your plant and will do better next time. You may even consider investing few more bucks and add another plant.

I believe you can get more out of your girl if you train it well. Use wires, ropes, etc to tie the branches away from each other. Let the middle and lower parts obtain more light. Dont be harsh on her, do it gently, over a period of time, starting early is always good.

Looking great, soon you'll be grinding your fingernails to dust resisting the temptation of too early harvest :D

Grwn is absolutely right, she is bushy already, soon she'll branch a rain forest for you. Excercise a little bondage and she'll thank you, more light, more yield. I didn't wake up to the fact early enough (1st grow too) and had a nerve wrecking 2hours bending and binding my girls in 3rd week of flowering (scary to bend hardened stems, actually snapped one a bit, gladly she recovered). But only a 1.5weeks later i can say i'm GLAD i did, even the small popcorn buds are now formidable nuggets and the plant seems healthier now that it's not all crammed.

Keep up the good work, i'm rooting for ya Tod!!!

P.S Laughed my ass off at that jar which says: "DO NOT DRINK" xD. I mean, how stoned does one have to be to have a sip from a fertilizer :D

Hey there toddigy i noticed you were looking for a tent. i actually just got a tent from amazon Amazon: New Reflective Mylar 32" X 32" X 63" Hydroponics Grow Tent Hydro Box Hut Cabinet, that is the tent i got and i thought the same thing how am i suppose to move the lights well i went out and bought chains and other things to hang and mount the lights so now my lights look like this
1351904755856.jpg

So those boards i mounted it 2 are actually very sturdy and each one i have right now has attached 6 bulbs per board. each bulb is a 23w1650 lumen output and i now have two full boards setup so i have a total of 12 bulbs as 1650 lumens per bulb + i have a 44w t5 sitting in the back which puts off about 8k not being fully used yet since the plants arent big enough yet. so im getting roughly 24,000 lumens for 4 plants which i think is pretty good for cfls. but so i simple used stuff you can get from home depot and put together a light fixture that will work for time to come only bulb maintenance is required. Sorry im rambling platinum og dabs from a local collective >.<. :roorrip:..... ok but thats the basic info i know it sounds more complicated than it really is so feel free to ask questions.

i think a small tent is the way to grow bro I am using a tent the same size as bluestdream has shown above for my vegetative cycle and dont have any thing but compliments for using growtents easy and stress free easy to ventilate easy to control temps and 100%light proof making use of everything you have to offer to your girls when i first started I tried closets etc but had no idea how much they want a decent growing enviroment I personally wouldnt go any other way than grow tents they do cost more but well worth it in the end result and and and you can pack it up or set it up quickly another good selling point im slowly turning into a salesperson for tents haha but i have just started a journal check it out Feed me your advice unknown strains cant wait to see how this ends im subbed !! :thumb:

Okay so BluestDream where are your chains hanging from? Are there places on the tent to hang lights from?

My chains are hanging from crossbars that came with the tent. they are surprisingly sturdy. easily holds a 600w up and possibly a 1000w depending on how you hang your ventilation. So far im really liking the tent. but having a little problem with humidity but its open face atm due to no ventilation.

Check out my journal, I am doing a cfl grow as well and a couple weeks into flowering. One thing I would suggest is using smaller bulbs but use more of them. Also you are losing a lot of light through the sides of the bulb so try building a light fixture to house them in. Other then that your plant looks like it's about to jump into warp speed veggie growth.
I too have CFLs going in my bloom area:MULTI SPECTRUM CONFIGURATION
Includes two 30K Spirals, two 41K Spirals and one 50K Tube style bulb. A multi-purpose variety of light spectrums. Can be used for both flowering and vegetative applications.
I use a wide variety in my clone/veg cabinet: 1 T5, 2 24" florescent, and a 24" LED panel :)Plants :love: LIGHT and :thedoubletake:HEAT so ventilate and move that air around. :goodluck::tokin:

WOW!!! bro, that's THE healthiest looking plant i have seen, ever, anywhere!!!! :thedoubletake:

Wish i'd live even on the same side of the planet as you, i would come pay a visit for sure, but now i gotta settle for internet :popcorn:

Keep up the good work, i hope you won't run into any problems during flowering.

Edit. Don't know if YET, but you couldget rid of few of the lower most fan leaves, especially if they are not receiving light.

Fight the power, peace out :rollit:

Aye Kiiwi I appreciate the comments!!! True, maybe in 3 or 4 days I shall remove the lower ones. However I may add 1 or 2 more bulbs for the lower sides in the coming weeks. Dude, I've been having to water every 2 days. Nutrient fed every other watering. I have a feeling she is going to smoke like a queen come harvesting

PS: These new pics are from my new Sony Cyber-Shot, 16mp enjoy all coming pics

Back
Top Bottom